The Wandering Earth (2019) Netflix

Looks good :thumbsup:

Aye looks ok.

The plot (are they really going to move the earth out of it's current orbit:confused:) looks ridiculous but i'm down for it:D

Hopefully it'll be less cheesy than an Emmerich movie too:rolleyes:

Been far too long since a good old disaster movie.

This is the No.1 movie at the world wide box office (so far) this year, with $655m.

Is all that just from China?

I was 99% right then lol:D

and that's why Hollywood is so keen to get into bed with China on joint productions as often as possible. That's a massive market

Looks gorgeous in Dolby Vision on my LG C8.
There is some banding and tiny edge engagement but overall it looks excellent.

I'll be trying to squeeze this in over next few days. Hopefully it'll be a nice surprise. :smashin:

I watched the 1st 20 mins but the late start beat me and reading the subs started to turn into a blur. Was good what I saw though, PQ was amazing (especially after GoT the other night :D)

I watched 25 mins before I had go to bed :D

It looked great like you say. (1080p Netflix for me).

Save for some very poor effects for one scene (cgi trucks), it was pretty decent.

Will watch the rest tonight.

I watched 25 mins before I had go to bed :D

It looked great like you say. (1080p Netflix for me).

Save for some very poor effects for one scene (cgi trucks), it was pretty decent.

Will watch the rest tonight.
It must have been something in the air last night, as I had a go at it too, and barely managed the first act before nodding off. This getting old business is hard work sometimes!

I fell asleep after about 20-30 mins aswell :rolleyes:
It looked decent from what I saw but it probably wasn't a good idea to give it a try when it was already after midnight.

Didn't even attempt to watch more last night as was already getting tired by time the wife went off to bed (she doesn't do sci-fi) - hopefully over the weekend will finish it.

I watched it last night.

Tbh, I thought it was a bit meh. Looked pretty (mostly) and didn't ham it up like Emmerich does/did but I just couldn't connect with it.

I watched it last night.

Tbh, I thought it was a bit meh. Looked pretty (mostly) and didn't ham it up like Emmerich does/did but I just couldn't connect with it.
Well done! You now have the rather strange honour of being the first to watch it from start to finish and not pass out. :D

I have been watching this over a few days in snippets. I really don't know why. Very over enthusiastic acting as most Chinese films seem to be. Effects were good and on the A1 it looked spectacular. But the movie itself was a shambolic mess. I just couldn't get into it.

There must be something soporific about this film as I fell asleep within the first 30 minutes of watching this too! Can't blame reading the subs for making me sleepy as I use them elsewhere without issue.

Unfair to judge on the basis of a drowsy 30-minute watch but maybe it's down to the film which wasn't very captivating anyway. Roland Emmerich's disaster movies are wildly exciting in comparison.

There must be something soporific about this film as I fell asleep within the first 30 minutes of watching this too! Can't blame reading the subs for making me sleepy as I use them elsewhere without issue.

Unfair to judge on the basis of a drowsy 30-minute watch but maybe it's down to the film which wasn't very captivating anyway. Roland Emmerich's disaster movies are wildly exciting in comparison.
Apparently, you entered your own empathetic vacuum of space along with the film.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom