• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Walking Dead (UK May 2011)

faceiknow

Established Member
sorry if this has already been covered but, can anyone confirm the audio for the UK release of The Walking Dead?

is it Dolby TrueHD (like the US release)? or, a bog standard Dolby Digital track?

thanks in advance :)

Doctor Hades

Prominent Member
I've just ordered this from Amazon after reading a review in Sci-Fi Now magazine. Is it really as good as everyone says it is and is the UK version cut compared with the US version (I read somewhere that the DVD version is)?

ODB_69

Distinguished Member
I think UK version is cut

I loved it personally and can't wait for second series

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
UK version is CUT !! :mad::thumbsdow

DICKIEDUVET

Distinguished Member
It's heavily cut, Never got a response from E1 either, All the cuts are listed over at MovieCensorship.

soundstory

Prominent Member
I've just ordered this from Amazon after reading a review in Sci-Fi Now magazine. Is it really as good as everyone says it is and is the UK version cut compared with the US version (I read somewhere that the DVD version is)?

It is good, the pilot in particular, the quality of the eps does dip towards the end, but it's still well worth a few hours of your time :)

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
I just ordered the UNCUT USA version from Amazon and even with shipping it was still £3 cheaper than the UK version :smashin:

I plan to go for a multi region blu player next week too :thumbsup:

Doctor Hades

Prominent Member
I got the UK version from Amazon yesterday. I'd have imported the US version but I don't have a Region A player unfortunately. From reading around though most of the cuts amount to a few seconds here and there so I guess I can live with that. I don't have any choice really.

I really don't understand why it was even cut as this is about zombies and it should have carried an 18-rating IMO. I also got Dexter season 4 on BD yesterday and that's rated 18 for example.

Doctor Hades

Prominent Member
I watched the entire first season yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's like 28 Days Later (the fact that Grimes wakes up in a hospital for example immediately reminded me of that movie) meets the BBC's Survivors (the location in the last episode recalled series two of Survivors). I guess it's 28 Days Later U.S.A. really and far from original but Frank Darabont's involvement gives it the same eerie atmosphere that his excellent The Mist had and this series even includes three of the cast from that movie. Fellow Brit, Andrew Lincoln, delivers a good performance (plus convincing accent!) and it was a while before I remembered he isn't American; I recognised him but couldn't place where I'd seen him before (he was in This Life). Looks very sexy in that uniform too. :D

It's a shame season 1 is only six episodes as it left me gagging for more (hell, I'd have been content with an extra two seeing as disc 2 seems half-full) but I've read that season 2 is only a couple of months away and will be 13 episodes. Can't wait.

ODB_69

Distinguished Member
I watched the entire first season yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's like 28 Days Later (the fact that Grimes wakes up in a hospital for example immediately reminded me of that movie) meets the BBC's Survivors (the location in the last episode recalled series two of Survivors). I guess it's 28 Days Later U.S.A. really and far from original but Frank Darabont's involvement gives it the same eerie atmosphere that his excellent The Mist had and this series even includes three of the cast from that movie. Fellow Brit, Andrew Lincoln, delivers a good performance (plus convincing accent!) and it was a while before I remembered he isn't American; I recognised him but couldn't place where I'd seen him before (he was in This Life). Looks very sexy in that uniform too. :D

It's a shame season 1 is only six episodes as it left me gagging for more (hell, I'd have been content with an extra two seeing as disc 2 seems half-full) but I've read that season 2 is only a couple of months away and will be 13 episodes. Can't wait.

You could read the Graphic Novel if your appetite is wetted. I think they are far enough apart to not give away the actual story of the TV show but a good alternate take

Doctor Hades

Prominent Member
Yeah, I think I might check it out.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom