The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners

Lepego

Established Member
Reaction score
The Walking Dead in VR!

~15 hour campaign is the word, some RPG elements too. Looks neat!

This seems neat, the only other zombie game in VR I have played is Arizona Sunshine (played resi evil 7 as well but that's not really zombies) although Arizona Sunshine was fun it was still just a limited shooter this seems much more than that, will for sure pick it up when I get the chance.

Ok so I took the plunge and got this and it's great, I really love the feel of the kills with melee weapons holding the zombie at bay with one hand and shoving a screwdriver threw the head or eye is so satisfying, I'm very early in and had to start over as the first NPC quest about the ring for some reason was removed from my quest list when I went back to base to disposit stuff for materials and a little rest, I couldn't find a way to get it back, not sure if it was a bug or supposed to be like that and have to complete before going back if so that's a little cack.

Graphically it looks great, the first town area you go to only the Manor could be explored which was a little disappointing all them other houses and vehicles and you're not able to do anything, I'm hoping it opens up more later.

Bought this on release but not played it yet. Sounds like a blast. I've got the moves so can't wait, probs play it next week but got so many games to play, including loads of VR games to play as well. Thank god for lockdown really.

Think I played about the same as @Darth_terra and it feels good indeed. The walking is a bit slow and there are so many mechanics/options that you will need some muscle memory (or sheer luck) to execute them well, reloading the different guns wasn't my strongest point so far. Graphics are good, atmosphere is excellent and it got tense even though these first two levels were kinda empty and easy. I'm looking forward to the game ramping it up there.

The mechanic of grabbing a bottle, flipping it, breaking it on a car and stabbing a zombie in the head with it while holding him off with your other hand is just ... perfect. The ability to grab walls and use them to pul yourself forward is very immersive.

Ok so I took the plunge and got this and it's great, I really love the feel of the kills with melee weapons holding the zombie at bay with one hand and shoving a screwdriver threw the head or eye is so satisfying, I'm very early in and had to start over as the first NPC quest about the ring for some reason was removed from my quest list when I went back to base to disposit stuff for materials and a little rest, I couldn't find a way to get it back, not sure if it was a bug or supposed to be like that and have to complete before going back if so that's a little cack.

Graphically it looks great, the first town area you go to only the Manor could be explored which was a little disappointing all them other houses and vehicles and you're not able to do anything, I'm hoping it opens up more later.

If you didn’t complete that quest, you can find the code she was going to give you back in the house.

Played some more and still like it a lot, there some niggles, I wish the walk was faster it's too slow and running uses up stamina, there is an unlock to reduce the stamina required for running but it's going to take a bit of time to get there and that still doesn't speed up the walking.

Somehow I have gotten ill and NPC's mention to take meds but I don't know where any are, hopefully it doesn't lead to death before I find any.

How are people finding this?

I really want on Quest but a tweet yesterday hints at its going to be 'winter' before the quest version hits.

Id imagine also the quest version is going to take s big grahical hit, so ill probably crumble by the end of teh month.

18 hr campaign sound pretty decent also.

Last edited:
Just to say, i got this and the game is brilliant.

Shame that the move controllers arnt. I found i often had issues with them, mainly because id turned round and was out of site on the camera. and i pulled the headset cable a few times, with moving round.

I managed to get a refund and will be waiting for the Quest version.

Brilliant game but hampered by the stationary restraints of the PSVR, i want the freedome of the Quest.

'Winter' is quoted for the quest version.

Been holding out for this and finally have the physical copy available on 3/11/20. Plus with the new Walking Dead : Onslaught out the month before on 9/10/20, going to be a busy time for zombie killing. Pre-orders now available :

Amazon product ASIN B08GQNF7NK Amazon product ASIN B08G94F7LK

Anyone explain for me the differances in these two games?

Ive never watched the tv show so dont have any knowledge of stories or characters.

seams strange that two very similar games are out so close to each other

I think Saints and Sinners is based on the comics and Onslaught is based on the TV show. Two difference licenses. Saints and Sinners came out a while ago on PC, so they are only close(ish) together on PSVR.

ok ill rephrase,

which should i get

:D

are they same style games?

adventure, story, mechanice, base building, weapon construction etc?

Actually S&S is coming to quest which is where i prefer VR.

So ill try Onslaught on PSVR

Just to say, i got this and the game is brilliant.

Shame that the move controllers arnt. I found i often had issues with them, mainly because id turned round and was out of site on the camera. and i pulled the headset cable a few times, with moving round.

I managed to get a refund and will be waiting for the Quest version.

Brilliant game but hampered by the stationary restraints of the PSVR, i want the freedome of the Quest.

'Winter' is quoted for the quest version.

ok ill rephrase,

which should i get

:D

are they same style games?

adventure, story, mechanice, base building, weapon construction etc?

They are both similar games but as @Jimster71 explained, different licences and developers. Onslaught tho is supposed to be a lot quicker in gameplay and movement, which was an issue for some in S&S.

How did you manage to get a refund the first time round, as thought starting a download on PSN was completion of sale and non-refundable ?

They are both similar games but as @Jimster71 explained, different licences and developers. Onslaught tho is supposed to be a lot quicker in gameplay and movement, which was an issue for some in S&S.

How did you manage to get a refund the first time round, as thought starting a download on PSN was completion of sale and non-refundable ?

I had genuine problems with the move controllers not working correctly.

I captured gameplay showing the hands just freaking out in game.

Must have got them on a lucky day.

Onslaught tho is supposed to be a lot quicker in gameplay and movement, which was an issue for some in S&S.
People are saying Onslaught may also not have (as much) survival, crafting and weapon breakage mechanics.
Of course it may just be devs showing "no hud mode" for artistic purposes, but not long to go now.

Well reviews of the Onslaught game are looking awful!

Easy decision

Saint & Sinners on Quest for me!!!

Well reviews of the Onslaught game are looking awful!

Easy decision

Saint & Sinners on Quest for me!!!

Saints and Sinners definitely looks the better game. It seems like Onslaught was originally going to be a VR Co-Op Left 4 Dead style game, but they changed direction on it.

Anyone who's played Saint and sinners is it worth full price or would you reccomend waiting for a price drop?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom