The Walking Dead - March 2011 - tbc

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Been enjoying this immensely on fx hd so will definitely be picking this up. Anchor Bay doing the honours Anchor Bay to Release The Walking Dead Blu-ray

Not confirmed for March but seems a few sites are running with 8th March 2011. Can't wait:devil:

CERBERUS40000

despite the huge differences from the books I'm enjoying the show as I don't know what will happen next and being zombie filled this is going into my undead collection :)

MikeyD

Standard Member
Damn, I know the finale was only just last night, but March 2011 seems soooo far away. Amazing show, can't wait for season 2.

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Damn, I know the finale was only just last night, but March 2011 seems soooo far away. Amazing show, can't wait for season 2.
So I'd better not mention that season 2 isn't likely to be broadcast until next halloween then:rolleyes:

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
6 espisodes. It's very good if the zombie genre is your thing. Some of the best make-up effects I've ever seen in this genre. Like it a lot.

mckee74

Extras listed here:

The Walking Dead Season One Blu-ray Announced and Detailed

Good, but a bit dissapointing. Was looking forward to the B&W version of the pilot that Frank Darabont, and I hope those "Inside the Walking Dead" features are a clever way of commentaries. Considering the writing/acting/production talent who worked on this I was really looking forward to some meaty commentaries. No pun intended.

Refused

Extras listed here:

Good, but a bit dissapointing. Was looking forward to the B&W version of the pilot that Frank Darabont, and I hope those "Inside the Walking Dead" features are a clever way of commentaries. Considering the writing/acting/production talent who worked on this I was really looking forward to some meaty commentaries. No pun intended.
Could you not just turn the colour down on your TV and make it black and white?

Managed to miss the entire series, I think I'll wait for the blu-ray to come out so I can watch the whole thing in one sitting.

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
Rent it.

After the brilliant pilot, the downward trajectory is quite rapid.

The RRP on this should be amusing.

It's watchable but it is doing nothing particularely new or interesting with the zombie sub-genre. The pilot is good, if a bit too reminiscent of many zombie films that have gone before. After that we spend way to much time with characters that are not nearly as compelling as the series thinks they are. They are all stereotypes with cliched problems and conflicts. For an ongoing series I just need a bit more depth to invest in characters. Breaking Bad or Mad Men this isn't and it's not nearly as good as HBOs True Blood which is much more stylish and has a more entertaining set of protagonists.

In some way this reminded me of the sci-fi series Earth 2 where the pilot was full of promise and production values and after that the characters were stuck in some forrest and the whole thing started to look rather cheap and repetitive.

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Extras listed here:

Yeah it's a fairly standard set of extras really.

I can understand criticisms of the show. I guess they only made the 6 because they couldn't be certain that it would be success and whether AMC would commission a second season. Turned out to be AMC's highest ever rated show. Hopefully the 13 episodes in season 2 will 'flesh' things out a bit and it's interesting that they won't be using the same writing staff for the second season. I think I probably rate this higher than I perhaps should because I just find the whole zombie genre terrifying so was gripped and probably overlooked a lot of the flaws of the show.

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
It's watchable but it is doing nothing particularely new or interesting with the zombie sub-genre. The pilot is good, if a bit too reminiscent of many zombie films that have gone before. After that we spend way to much time with characters that are not nearly as compelling as the series thinks they are. They are all stereotypes with cliched problems and conflicts. For an ongoing series I just need a bit more depth to invest in characters. Breaking Bad or Mad Men this isn't and it's not nearly as good as HBOs True Blood which is much more stylish and has a more entertaining set of protagonists.

In some way this reminded me of the sci-fi series Earth 2 where the pilot was full of promise and production values and after that the characters were stuck in some forrest and the whole thing started to look rather cheap and repetitive.
Spot on.

It all went a bit Lost to me and that's not a compliment.

mckee74

Certainly a good sign price-wise.

pesser

any updates lads is march 8th confirmed ?

also if i pre-order from movietyme and the price goes up do i pay £24.99 or the higher price ?

spikeyjac

I'm pretty sure you pay the £24.99, but try find a coupon floating about, I ended up paying 23.50, and chose to pay it then when I had some money in paypal :)

andy_lee007uk

Amazon are showing the release date of this as June 2011? Is this an American release at movietyme? Will wait to see if it's region free before ordering.

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
And £26.19 is way to steep for a 6 episode box-set. No doubt it'll drop in price soon after release. Not a day one-r for me.

spikeyjac

Just a quick heads up - FRI1 The hut code gets £1 off, making the walking dead £23.95!

TheFantabulator

The pilot was good. I didn't get to see the rest but if it I see at a reasonable price, I'll get it.

spikeyjac

Mines just been dispatched from Movietyme this morning :)

Number 6

I'm not ordering anything until I know it's region free (I made a mistake last time and never again).

Top Bottom