The Walking Dead Comics & Graphic Novels

Newman is right - some of us are a bit fickle with how things are printed - and like the hardcover versions of Y The Last Man, I stayed away from them as they where lagging behind the normal softback versions.

If they released them at the same time, there would be no problem, but it seems that in graphic novel form there is no proper order like how books are released (Hardback, large trade, normal paperback) they can release it, then go back and make more expensive editions after the fact.

Any body else find volume 12 to be a bit of a letdown? Seemed like it was just there to setup volume 13 without too much else of its own going on. On the other hand it looks like volume 13 could be quite interesting.

So much happened in the couple of volumes previous to that. I wasn't massively surprised it simmered down slightly. Had to switch to getting the actual comic books now as I can't wait for the volumes to be released :p

So much happened in the couple of volumes previous to that. I wasn't massively surprised it simmered down slightly. Had to switch to getting the actual comic books now as I can't wait for the volumes to be released :p

How often are the comics released?

Last edited:
I think I'm going to end up getting these at the end of the month. I was going to get the hardback 'book' but based on the comments above will just be getting the trade collections.

I think I'm going to end up getting these at the end of the month. I was going to get the hardback 'book' but based on the comments above will just be getting the trade collections.

Depends what you want to do, if you like to read the latest one as soon as you can then avoid any kind of collective works in books.

I have the hardback books and they're still in their plastic wrap :D

If you want something that looks good on a book shelf and is more of a collection item then the books, but if you want to read and keep up with it then go individual. Or if you want the best of both worlds, then go for both! :p

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Guys a bit of advice been buying the books and as mentioned above have to wait for the next release.
Anything in a similar vein to this you would recommend?

If this takes it off topic feel free to delete.

Finished 6 :eek:

Reading Ultimates 3 Hardcover now, then Vol 7 later in the week. Then I will pull the trigger on 8 and 9 from my Amazon wishlist :)

Please note that as the TV show approaches, do not post anything regarding it here.

There is bound to be a thread here that you can discuss it, especially as some people will undoubtedly see it before others.

On Television Forum at AVForums.com

/end of killjoy message.

Just came back from Forbidden Planet - they have a £1 off the GN's, and if you buy all 12, its £99.

Just came back from Forbidden Planet - they have a £1 off the GN's, and if you buy all 12, its £99.

Pretty good if you're after them on the high street but if not you can make a decent saving at Amazon as I think that you can get the majority of the for less than £7 each there.

Yeah, I have bought most of mine from Amazon, but I do like to go to FP and browse, and always come away with something.

Yesterday I did not get any WD, but did come away with Y The Last Man 4 and 5 (I have 6 and 7 through ebay wins so needed to fill the hole to get a load to read at once) as well as a Batman & Robin that looked good (Frank Miller and Jim Lee) :smashin:

Gah, bloody engrossing storylines - read books 7, 8 & 9 in one sitting on Saturday, which represented the last of what I had stockpiled because of a really good storyline developing... If I hadn't spent over £100 on necessities at HMV this lunchtime (Alien anthology BR, Back to the future trilogy BR etc), I'd be in Forbidden Planet tonight. Going to have to wait till payday now though - roll on Friday!

Nah, that won't happen to me, I ain't goin' out like that, see... Nuh-uh... No way... No how...

I give it about three months, then I'll be on the monthly comics, PLUS the graphic novels to keep my collection looking tidy.... :facepalm:

Finished 7, bloody hell! Did they deliberately work out how many comics where going to be in each GN, then work out the exact number to end a GN on? I dont think any of the others have finished like that - if FP was open now I think I would be up there already.....:blush:

Looks like I may be popping in on the way home from work....

Yep, that's how I got caught out too - the end of 7 was phenomenal, so I had to read 8 to find out what happened. Trouble was, the end of 8 was a bit "holy crap" too, so I needed to read 9! Fortunately, I ran out after that, or I'd probably have just carried on!

Pulled the trigger on my Amazon order - got 8, 9 and 10 for £19, around £10 cheaper than FP, or the equivalent of buying two and getting one free.

I can wait a few days until they are delivered........:rolleyes:

Ditto mate for 10, 11 and 12. Cue the nervous chewing of nails waiting for the postman to arrive....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom