The Walking Dead (AMC) Season 9b

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
The Walking Dead Season 9 will premiere in late 2018.

Angela Kang
,“who has been a writer on the show since 2011 and co-executive producer since 2013,” has been promoted to exec producer/showrunner, with her run beginning in Season 9.

Meanwhile, current showrunner Scott M. Gimple has also been promoted, into the new position of “chief content officer” for the entire “Walking Dead” franchise.

Charlie Collier, president of AMC, Sundance TV, and AMC Studios;
“This is an enormously important day for the entire ‘The Walking Dead’ television universe. We are proud to acknowledge Angela’s significant contribution to the series and to set a clear path forward for a ninth season under her direction.”

‘Walking Dead’ Shakeup: Angela Kang Promoted to Showrunner, Scott Gimple Elevated to Chief Content Officer

Reportedly
Andrew Lincoln
To Leave ‘The Walking Dead’ in Season 9

Reportedly
Andrew Lincoln
To Leave ‘The Walking Dead’ in Season 9

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Please let it be true.

Even if the show ran for 20 season's, if
the main character leaves, that's the only reason I need to put it to bed once and for all. Like with 24. I have OCD with having to finish stuff I start (hence why I was still watching this!!), but a main character leaving a show overrides it! :D

Patrick Schmidt on Twitter

Also seen that Norman Reedus has wangled $20m for the season!

If that's true, then they're not bumping him a bonanza deal out of the goodness of their hearts! Obviously a reason.

It's piqued my interest for Season 9 now, but then maybe that's all part of their plan ;) Cos I was finished after that disgusting last episode of Season 8. But now there will be viewers coming back to see how it plays out at least.

I dunno, I don't think Daryl is the right character to be carrying this show going forward. Norman Reedus may well be the darling of social media and the face of most of the merchandising, but his character's been dull as ditch water for the last few seasons.
I'm sure they'll have some kind of plan now Gimple's out the way but they were already facing an uphill battle to get things back on track, a bunch of the lead characters jumping ship just makes that harder. We'll see, I guess. As long as it doesn't get any worse I'll keep watching.
I'm guessing Michonne won't be too far behind the rest of them now she's had a taste of Hollywood

Does this mean that
reformed Negan will be running the group?

I dunno, I don't think Daryl is the right character to be carrying this show going forward. Norman Reedus may well be the darling of social media and the face of most of the merchandising, but his character's been dull as ditch water for the last few seasons.
I'm sure they'll have some kind of plan now Gimple's out the way but they were already facing an uphill battle to get things back on track, a bunch of the lead characters jumping ship just makes that harder. We'll see, I guess. As long as it doesn't get any worse I'll keep watching.
I'm guessing Michonne won't be too far behind the rest of them now she's had a taste of Hollywood

Totaly agree, as much as I love Darryl he's no leader of the group. And he just grunts too much :D

That's a big problem they've got now. JDM is already Hollywood established, is he going to stick around? Danai G has also got a taste of Hollywood, and will obviously be involved in Black Panther 2. She also disappeared for chunks of Season 8 whilst that was being filmed.
Lennie James and Chandler Riggs gone too.

As they've admitted, it's getting kind of a reboot for Season 9, so I'm not as surprised as you might think actually. 8 years on a show is a long run, nothing lasts forever, and people wanna move on before they get too old. I imagine Andrew Lincoln already has a few projects in the works that have helped sway his decision. I also read a bit back that he wanted to do some stuff over here as well, and onviously flying back and forth to the US isn't ideal.

Good Luck to whatever they do anyway. I'll tune in to see how it happens, then like a lot, I'll be tuning out for good. Every dog has it's day.

piqued my interest for Season 9 now
I'll keep watching
RedRequiredGermanpinscher-size_restricted.gif

then like a lot, I'll be tuning out for good
giphy.gif

:)

oh I will be out for good Krish :D it'll be a damn relief to never have to tune in again!

I can't thank Andrew Lincoln enough!

giphy.gif

October 24, 2016, after Season 7 Episode 1. The day The Walking Dead became a dead man walking. RIP.

It may benefit the shows ratings (because even if people have stopped watching, I'll bet Rick's demise will bring back some of the audience. Even if the viewers dwindle again afterwards)

I must admit I am curious about Daryl being the lead character. He has very different ideas from Rick about killing. This may make it more interesting. Hopefully he will get rid of Neagon asap.

One more thing that would benefit the show overall is abandoning the comic storylines (some comic book characters just seem too much for TV.) They should move forward like Fear into the unknown...

It may benefit the shows ratings (because even if people have stopped watching, I'll bet Rick's demise will bring back some of the audience. Even if the viewers dwindle again afterwards)

I must admit I am curious about Daryl being the lead character. He has very different ideas from Rick about killing. This may make it more interesting. Hopefully he will get rid of Neagon asap.

One more thing that would benefit the show overall is abandoning the comic storylines (some comic book characters just seem too much for TV.) They should move forward like Fear into the unknown...

I guess they will be abandoning the comic to a large extent now. Especially if Rick leaves, and as you allude to, Negan is gotten rid of. They both play a major part of the future from what I've read.

What will remain a massive problem for the show - that I think most people agree on - will be the character interest. You take Rick out and possibly Maggie now as well (with speculation she is also going); you have a show with tons of characters that are just plain bloody awful. And Michionne and Carol are not the characters they were. You literally have Daryl of interest and that's it.

A show is only as good as the characters in it, so they desperately need to be casting some new ones if it's gonna be a reboot of sorts. The population they have now needs some serious culling too.

Normally I'd agree but the next story arc in the comics is easily the best yet imo. It would be a shame if they don't introduce the next group.

As much as I am pretty happy that these so called untouchable characters are leaving, I am still not going to bother next season... (he types knowing he will be there and moaning about it in this thread when the tie comes)

Are they killing off Rick and Maggie off or will they just simply leave, like Morgan did?

I haven't seen anything that gives any specifics yet, I did see an article that said they were going to be "phased out over the first half of the season" and they'll only be in 6 episodes, but not much beyond that so far.
I'm inclined to think one will die and the other will ride off into the sunset leaving the door open for a possible return in the future, or something like that.

Some good news (maybe, keep an open mind!)
Jon Bernthal’s character, Shane Walsh, is returning to The Walking Dead. THR reports that Bernthal is coming back for (3 episodes) season 9, possible flashbacks?, as you know he died, returned as a zombie! got shot in the head by Carl

'Walking Dead': Jon Bernthal to Return in Season 9

Some good news (maybe, keep an open mind!)
Jon Bernthal’s character, Shane Walsh, is returning to The Walking Dead. THR reports that Bernthal is coming back for (3 episodes) season 9, possible flashbacks?, as you know he died, returned as a zombie! got shot in the head by Carl

'Walking Dead': Jon Bernthal to Return in Season 9

Haha! Wait, for real?! What is happening to this show! And what's with everybody and their dog now being aware of major plotlines that should be huge surprises? Nice one, producers!

Edit - Not a dig at you Rai or anybody on here, just surprised that so many huge storylines have leaked out all over the place since the end of last season. I've just started clicking on spoilers now as they're seemingly everywhere and people bring them up in conversation!

I think it's a given then that Rick is definitely off then. It can obviously only be some kind of
Shane and Rick flashback, to celebrate Rick's departure. Maybe make it a poignant exit.

What a bonus it turned out to be for Jon Bernthal leaving when he did. Although he has no need to go back, so they must be paying him megabucks for this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom