The Walking Dead (AMC) Season 9b

I just realised I'm making Fear The Walking Dead comments on the The Walking Dead thread. Again.
The sentiment remains, though. By the time they merge them, if they do, they'll be pretty much the same show anyway so it would almost be pointless keeping them separate.

I am out with Fear too, I haven't seen an episode since Morgan
did a poo.

Bloomberg is reporting that AMC is developing multiple Walking Dead movies and spin-off series that could be set in other locations around the world.

Bloomberg

Bloomberg is reporting that AMC is developing multiple Walking Dead movies and spin-off series that could be set in other locations around the world.

Bloomberg

giphy 2.gif

Bloomberg

The Walking Dead Glasgow :clap:

The Walking Dead House of Lords :nono: we already have this one.....

I am out with Fear too, I haven't seen an episode since Morgan
did a poo.

Morgan did Aphoo o_O

Is there a Simpsons crossover series I missed?

Andrew Lincoln may return after his departure, reportedly he is interested in directing future episodes

I don't know if the shot at the end is a spoiler or not:

Woah! o_O I'm gonna take the hit for everyone and say that could be the greatest TV spoiler for years. I wouldn't watch the end of that video if you're bothered about the series.

I base that on the fact that I'm 99% sure it definitely isn't a shot from anywhere previous in the series. And we know
this season they have horses, and if i'm not mistake Lincoln is wearing his hat again. It's defo him.

Could well just be from one of the earlier episodes, and I really hope that's the case.

It's a bit like the poster I saw for Game of Thrones with the
Nights King riding an Ice Dragon. Why the hell did they release that picture!!??

Behave boys, that's NOT a spoiler in the video, that last shot is from the pilot episode
when Rick finds his horse that gets killed in Atlanta by the walkers when he ends up in the tank at the end of the episode. He's even got the bag of guns over his shoulder that they had the ownership disagreement about with the Latino gang who temporarily kidnapped Glenn at the old folks home when they went back to the city to find Merle after he'd been left handcuffed on the roof

I've seen the pilot more than a dozen times, that final shot is 100% guaranteed from there. It's symbolism and actually totally logical to use it in this way

:rolleyes:

3 major returnees teased in some way maybe flashbacks, likely tied to Rick Grimes final episodes run, are:
Jon Bernthal aka Shane
Scott Wilson aka Hershel
Sonequa Martin Green aka Sasha

Last edited:
Ach that's a shame. Really enjoyed his performance as Hershel in TWD. Was great in The OA too. You got the sense from his acting that he was a warm and compassionate person. Hadn't realised he'd been involved in so many memorable films like The Right Stuff, The Exorcist 3 (great psychological horror), Dead Man Walking, The Host (brilliant Korean monster film) and The Way of the Gun.

Ep1: A New Beginning 7/10

The corny King & Carol sitting in the tree, k.i.s.s.i.n.g

Maggie shocks the community with her dead of night move.

She goes into labour?

S9
She's already had it!, the baby now about 9-12 months old? is bittersweetly named after her late father Hershel after Scott Wilson's passing a day or two ago, RIP

It's an emotional rollercoaster of a day for me today. The end is approaching, and the panic of my divorce from the show is beginning to hit!

Tears will be shed....
Let's trust it will at least be a "conscious uncoupling" .

That guy getting bitten was so dumb, he turned his back and as per gets a 'shock' bite and the crisis of the onslaught of the dead turned into a dribble that they took out and then stood looking around like sad morons. And Maggie is so tough she doesn't even spank the horse's arse but gets her new High executioner to do it..."I don't want to do this", you didn't Maggie. So lame.

I thought it was ok, they've definitely done better season premieres in the past but it was a step up from last season's episode-long gun fight. I thought it felt more like a mid season episode.

Question is, is it really that much different than before now there's a new showrunner in place? Personally, I don't think so. Not yet, anyway. It's still the same writers. You can still spot the canonfodder characters from a mile away and walkers still appear from out of nowhere as and when the script requires it. You can still see how most of the scenes, particularly the set-pieces, are going to play out as soon as the characters walk on the set. But that's never going to change, it doesn't make any difference who's running the show. I accepted that a long time ago so I don't let it bother me too much.

It's a shame that there's already so much info out there about what's coming up this season because any chance of a big surprise character death has already been squirted away into the wind. I really miss that aspect of the earlier seasons when you never knew who was going to buy the farm or when. Now you know who it'll be and you're just kind of waiting for when.

I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing that I can still rely on TWD for a good belly laugh even though Gimple's been cut loose, or promoted to brand demon overlord because for some bizarre reason they couldn't just fire him...

Enid's still the biggest waste of space on the show. As Maggie falls victim to the lamest murder attempt possible, not once but twice, Enid steps in to try and save her and gets thrown against, what was it a fence? A tree? A beanbag? Doesn't really matter, the next time we see Enid she's in a freakin' wheelchair :rotfl: how is this brittleboned numpty even still alive? Before that the only thing she'd done all episode was shed a tear when Joe Nobody got himself munched on by a stealth walker 20 minutes earlier

But yeah, not so bad by current TWD standards. Certainly nothing that's going to stop me watching next week. Just the usual mix of inadvertent comedy, predictable situations, decent zombie make up, Daryl and Michonne doing their usual let's look cool while we kill stuff routines. I did genuinely like the way they seem to have gone back to having the characters talk to each other in a more or less natural way rather than all their lines being profound statements and soundbites written to be quotes on posters... but I doubt they'll be able to keep that up for long.
More or less how I expected it to be really.

Anyone recognise 'Grace' (Brett Butler) from Chuck Lorre's 90s sitcom Grace Under Fire playing
drunk bereaved mum, Tammy Rose ... also a character in the comic book

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom