1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Vines

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by karkus30, May 17, 2003.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Saw Later with Jools last night. Vines did two songs, including get free (is this guy on drugs or what?), there was the start of a Kurt Cobain guitar smashing fest.

Anyway, awesome stuff, had to drag the album out for another listen (not that I didnt enjoy it the first time, just got brushed aside by more pressing albums ).

Well anyway, it seems to have matured in its cd case like a fine wine, whole album sounds amazing now, theres no cohesion in the songs, just 12 of the best songs Ive heard for some time.

Wonder what else has started maturing, maybe Audioslave, naaah :rolleyes:

2. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dude, the Vines aren't mature. You're just getting old:p
    To be fair, I've just started really, really getting into Fungus Amoungus and Enjoy Incubusm I think they maybe their most advanced stuff despite it coming out first (or their worst, I'm not sure).

3. Dave N

Dave N
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh I saw that and thought he looked a complete t!t - how unoriginal (cf the Pistols, The Who). Each to his own I guess.:p

4. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    I think he was p**sed off at something, kept looking at the drummer and scowling. He was pulling more faces than Iggy Pop.
    Still, great music.

5. jammy

jammy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know exactly what you mean, Karkus. I saw them at London Union and they were pretty good and bought the album after all the hype, listened to it once and came back to it later, realising that Craig Nicholls is a massively talented singer/songwriter. And he can play a pretty mean geetar. I saw them again a couple of months ago and to describe them as erratic would be an understatement.

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I never liked them until I heard "Getouttathaway" and loved it. Bought the album just for that single as it was cheap at Play and think it's awesome. Quality stuff, look forward to their next one.

7. Ian Cox

Ian Cox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree this it is a cracking album but 12 of the best songs you have heard for a long time. Have a listen to Factory and In The Jungle again both very dodgy Australian songs IMO but there again each to his own. Also even though The Vines are good I think they have been surpassed this year by The White Stripes, oh I can feel the dissenting post from SG and Gambit already. :laugh:

8. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why is there no smiler shaking it's head?

9. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Cos its true :clap:

10. SOUNDSTYLE

SOUNDSTYLE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I think they're bloody awful.
    Don't get me wrong, I do like that type of music, but the singer has to be able to sing a bit.
    Great performance though.