The "video channel" on Winfast TV2000 XP

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by scragend, Mar 11, 2005.

Tags:
  1. scragend

scragend
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a standard TV set up whereby there is an aerial connection coming in from the roof, which goes into the back of the VCR. Another RF cable then goes from the VCR to the TV. This gives me all 5 terrestrial channels, plus the "video channel" for playing back tapes.

All straightforward so far...

My question is : can I tune this video channel into my Winfast TV2000 XP? I have connected the aerial cable from the VCR to the TV card instead of to the TV itself, and can tune it in to pick up the normal 5 channels, but not the video channel. Is there a reason why it is not possible to do this?

The reason I want to do it is that I have some old VHS tapes (home recorded) I want to put on to DVD. The picture quality using Winfast PVR through the aerial is excellent on normal TV, and I was wondering how good it would be for a played back tape.

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks

2. pinatubo

pinatubo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For the TV card to detect the VCR RF output the VCR needs to be switched on when tuning the card to the VCR - not in standby.
    A better method for your proposed transfer would be to use a scart to phono /3.5 mm jack plug lead to connect the VCR to the TV card .You will then maintain stereo sound when transferring to DVD assuming of course that stereo was originally recorded on the tape.

3. scragend

scragend
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried to tune it with the VCR switched on and playing a tape (so I can see that it is the right channel), and still no joy.

I have tried connecting via phono and the quality was OK. I had problems though with video and audio running out of sync after a while.

4. scragend

scragend
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorted - the aerial plug on one end of the coax cable was loose. Seems to be OK now.