The Velodyne CHT-10

siluro

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I know theres been a few posts for the cht-10 but i think its only fair to the sub for another:D

So anyone considering the 10 inch beast (the sub before anyone says a word:D ) what are you waiting for.....

After much debating and selling my PDR-10 (apparently a sub :eek: :D ) i got my cht-10 today and oh my god, what have i been missing, im still a noob but this thing is supurb. It sounded amazing at uncle erics but once i got it home in my much smaller room.........well....thump, thump.....rattle, rattle.

Its like that artificial sugar. sweet and low but tighter than a ducks... well you get the idea, over the top maybe but ii just carnt say how amazing i think it is and its the best 325 notes ive spent in a long while. To be fair to the pdr, for the money its a good little "sub" but has nothing on the cht 10

hey, may be once i regain my full hearing and all my organs settle it may sound better, cheers eric:D

And as to uncle eric, absoulute top man

cheers
lee

Hi Lee,

What are you using to drive the sub ?

What is the size of your room ?

Can you give any more info. on the performance of the sub ?

How do you have it positioned ?

Cheers for your help
Kev

Hi Kev

Well at the min im driving the sub via speaker level from my old technics a707 stereo amp, which is getting on a bit and isnt exactly top notch (hence also why im so happy with performance) which also drives a set of mission m73s, in a room about 3.5m x 2.5m. The missions nest in the corners across the wall thats 2.5m wide with the sub under a desk about 8 inchs from the wall in the middle of the 2 m7`s. As for performace il try and explain as best i can as i say im still a noob and dont always know the best way to explain these sort of things but here goes, ive mainly tried it with music at the mo but its laped up everything ive thown at it, when it punches, its deep and percise, very clean, in and out job done. On the way back with the sub i did some shoping and picked up a pack of jungle cd`s to try it out and it dosnt mind droping a low note either. it drops straight down more than letting you know its there and means it, once again very clean and percise and if it has hold a low, it doent seem to mind at all. I only came across a couple of parts in some tracks it wasnt to sure on but then again neither were my missions and, i can hardly fault it on just that.

I hope that answered some of your q`s, if i can help any more, just ask

cheers
lee

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your help.

My split is probably 70% movies and 30% music.
How big was the dem. room at Uncle Eric's ?
What did he demo. the sub with ?

The sub seems to work well in your room. Mine measures approx 17' x' 15' so i may consider the CHT 12 !

Cheers again
Kev

Well to be honest, i really couldnt say how big the cinema room is tho, it is big. my cht 10 as i say sounded great in there but was better in my room (not cos of the equipment, tho i wish;) ) cos of the smaller size, Erics setup to say the least is impressive, once again not 100% sure on list but its good kit

The 12 ist in the power-buy but you could go staight to a 15 which theres a lot of happy guys on the forum with these or get a 10 try it and, if you need more get another 10 later. Once again theres other theads about using 2 subs and thats also highly recomended, thats what i wanted to do but for know this ones definatly enought:D

the 15 will drop lower than the 10 and, 2 10`s wont make up for that but there are as ive been reading many other advantages to using 2 subs

cheers
lee

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom