The Vegan and Vegetarian Thread

Humanity is currently on top of the food chain and that can change at the drop of a hat.

All that it takes is for the sun to hiccup and throw out some plasma, or for a random medium-size meteor strike, or for the Yellowstone Park 'bubble' to burst or many other natural 'disturbances' and your wish will come true.

Even with the fall of civilisation, man is still a near apex predator. Take a while for wolf or bear populations to get to levels where they would threaten us.

Just too many rats in the box, that's all. A sad fact that humanity is currently a pollutant on the planet.
More species died out before we came along than after.

Even with the fall of civilisation, man is still a near apex predator. Take a while for wolf or bear populations to get to levels where they would threaten us.

Agreed.

We have the means (hands, opposing thumbs) and the inclination (brain) to survive. Also, humans are adaptable and very versatile.

The key word though is 'predator', that is what humans are. Not just to hunt and kill prey, but in general our competitive spirit and highly developed urge to 'win' is a trait that is hard to beat.

I think we could do with a global pandemic. Regardless of religion or ethics, we could do with rather less folk on the planet than we have. Perhaps with less folk the ideology of eating meat would be simpler.
Holy thread resurrection Batman, but looks like your dreams have come true!

I eat a lot of Vegan food but mainly because I can't eat dairy. I still eat meat mind you. :)

My Vegetarian/Vegan Shepherds Pie recipe. Serves 4...

Ingredients...
Sunflower Oil,
1 pack of Quorn Mince,
1 Knorr Herb Stock cube,
1 small tin chopped tomatoes,
1 small tin sliced carrots,
200g defrosted Peas,
1 small cup of (defrosted) frozen/chopped Onions,
1 tube of Garlic purée,
1 tube of Tomato purée,
2 tubs of ready made (fresh) mashed potatoes.

Method...
In non-stick frying pan, add small amount of Sunflower Oil,
Fry Onions,
Add Quorn Mince, mix until browned,
Add tin tomatoes, and mix,
Add Knorr Herb Stock cube,
Add an amount of Garlic - and Tomato - purée to personal preference,
Add defrosted Peas,
Add Carrots.
(Sufficient moisture will be available from tin tomatoes, but if insufficient, add small amount of water).
Transfer Pan contents to 4 small individual pie dishes, or one single large casserole/pie dish.
Add layer of mashed potatoes.
Place in pre-heated Oven at 200c.
Cook for 20 minutes.
Serve.

Ovo-Lacto Veggie since 17 and then after 33 years cut out all dairy and eggs last year.
I am a big lover of cheese, the vegan ones aren't as nice IMO, but I can put up with Applewood smoked as an alternative, but found I eat a lot less now that I'm dairy free!
I've not found it to hard to cook for myself, it's just planning on eating out. Veggie to dairy and egg free cuts out a lot of choices, but I have been pleasantly surprised by some of the chains having their own good choice of options on menus.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom