The Untouchables 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Gazgum

Distinguished Member
I’ve gone for the unadulterated US steel at £26.19.

Just hope Wow’s better than Amazon US, not as good as HMV’s packaging is up to the job!

dante01

Distinguished Member
I’ve gone for the unadulterated US steel at £26.19.

As long as you don't want the additional HD Blu-ray you get with the UK steelbook. You only get the 4K UHD disc with the USA release.

All the extras are on the UHD disc though.

Steve McQueef

Distinguished Member
No interest in steelbooks or tat, but when Amazon UK dropped the collector's edition down to £30, plus another £7 off if you'd never used the click and collect option, I had to get it.

IMG_20220609_135452.jpg

I was very surprised that the slipbox is hard cardboard and not a crappy thin job.

Gazgum

Distinguished Member
As long as you don't want the additional HD Blu-ray you get with the UK steelbook. You only get the 4K UHD disc with the USA release.

All the extras are on the UHD disc though.
Ooh thanks for that, I didn’t check (out of character:rolleyes:). I’m not bothered about the lack of HD disc but as long as the film is not compromised by the extras onboard the UHD disc. I assumed the discs are identical here and there.....slinks off to check......

Gazgum

Distinguished Member
Just checked the other place and apparently the BR is the old disc albeit with updated artwork. I’ve got that and am happy to be replacing it!

But the odd thing is their specs show the UK UHD as a BD100 as opposed to BD66 Stateside, which would mean a different encode. Methinks that’s wrong?

Gazgum

Distinguished Member
Yes, now I see there’s a discrepancy between their listed specs for the two US packages ( BD66 vs BD100 and different subs) which obviously have the same disc, so not to be relied on.
I’m satisfied it’s the same disc.

Another one for the never ending shelf. I don't normally buy steel boxed 4k films, but there was no standard version and I'm to impatient to wait a few months.

Attachments

• oUPwogw.jpg
    oUPwogw.jpg
    538.5 KB · Views: 36

dante01

Distinguished Member
Another one for the never ending shelf. I don't normally buy steel boxed 4k films, but there was no standard version and I'm to impatient to wait a few months.

The collectors edition is better value.

Amazon product

You basically pay a penny more for it :)

The cardboard slipcase that houses the steelnook is of particularly good quality and worth paying an extra penny for.

Mine was delivered today.

The collectors edition is better value.

Amazon product

You basically pay a penny more for it :)

The cardboard slipcase that houses the steelnook is of particularly good quality and worth paying an extra penny for.

Mine was delivered today.

I don't order films online because they get damaged most of the time from my own experience. I'm happy with my purchase, not fussed about all the extras.

dante01

Distinguished Member
I don't order films online because they get damaged most of the time from my own experience. I'm happy with my purchase, not fussed about all the extras.

I'm disabled and I get easily damaged trying to walk around stores. I order most goods online and they arrive in perfect condition most of the time from my own experience :lesson:

If they don't then its easy enough to return them, as easy as it would be to return them to a high street store :) I've technically more rights to return them if bought online because I'm purchasing unseen.

The extras you get are neither here nor there. The packaging is superior and the cardboard cover would help prevent the steelbook being scratched.

Last edited:
I'm disabled and I get damaged trying to walk around stores. I order most goods online and they arrive in perfect condition most of the time from my own experience :lesson:

If they don't then its easy enough to return them, as easy as it would be to return them to a high street store :) I've technically more rights to return them if bought online because I'm purchasing unseen.

The extras you get are neither here nor there. The packaging is superior and cardboard cover would prevent the steelbook being scratched.
Both Zavvi and Warner Brothers shop online would not reply to my emails requesting a refund, and both made me wait a month (neither of them for the first time either) only via a PayPal dispute did I finally get my money back for damaged film cases and sleeves.

Amazon on the other hand is easier to get a refund from, but to many damaged sleeves and cases. I'll always avoid buying online if possible and buy directly from HMV on release 😉.

Last edited:

dmartinburns

Hello all.
I just finished watching this film. I noticed that although I had the default Dolby Atmos soundtrack selected, according to my Arcam av550, I was playing dts true hd/ neural x. Does anyone know why?

dmartinburns

Further to my above post, I’ve now ascertained that this problem extends to all my 4k Atmos Blu-ray discs. Before, Atmos content played correctly with Atmos being shown on my arcam’s display. I really don’t understand what is happening as no settings have been changed. Help needed, please!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom