• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Uninvited

GoldenArms

Established Member
I actually think this looks pretty interesting. I like the cast, specifically banks since it seems against type at this point, plus the concept of the original seems generally interesting...i know some of these films havent panned out, but i got a good feel from the trailer..

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
I had the same feeling,i dont think i have seen one remake yet that is any where near as good as the original,the only they would work i think was if they was done frame to frame like Michael Haneke;s Funny Games.

The Ring remake was good and The Grudge was ok too. That is about it though.

The youtube clip doesn't work anymore so I can't judge on that film.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
I found it highly enjoyable due to the outcome, but not very scary. Emily Browning who played Anna was very good, and Elizabeth Banks was ok. 7.8/10

Big Spoiler

>
I totally did not make the connection that this was a remake off highly acclaimed 'A Tale of Two Sisters', so when the twist was relieved, i was like what!, you know like in the Korean version, it was just the one girl all the time, and therefore very effective.

Even though i have seen the Korean version which is more complex, this is definitely more for general audiences and a easier watch.
<

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom