The Ultra-Ultraviolet/Digital Copy Thread

Sorry should i delete that post? Can i post codes for free?

No its worth keeping the post as a helpful reminder to others.

As for posting codes for free that isn't allowed either.

Am I right in thinking that Google Play is the only way to redeem UK codes now? I have an unused bunch from Fox, Warner, Universal etc. I just tried Creed toes if it was still active on water & that sent me to Flixster to log in but when I tried the Matrix trilogy that went to Google play.

Am I right in thinking that Google Play is the only way to redeem UK codes now? I have an unused bunch from Fox, Warner, Universal etc. I just tried Creed toes if it was still active on water & that sent me to Flixster to log in but when I tried the Matrix trilogy that went to Google play.
I still think you can redeem in Flixster, dependant on title and age - I redeemed Phantom Thread in there at the beginning of June and the US 4K code via Vudu ported into there a couple of weeks ago.

But most do seem to be redeemed via Google Play now, yeah.

I got a few to sell again now. Just not sure whether its worth the wrath of fleabay…
Its all in the wordage and format selection Jim lol.

The UV closure date is now only a couple of days away. I just redeemed a large pile of codes that I'd set aside over the years but ignored... some recent although also many quite old.

They all worked except the Universal ones (many of which it seems were withdrawn just recently on 15-Feb-2019) and all the BBC ones (redemption website doesn't even exist anymore). No problems with Warner Bros, Sony or Fox titles. They all went to Google Play except for the ones that redeemed on the Flixter site.

Guess that I should now spend some time hunting down more codes from purchases that I haven't watched or even unsealed yet...!

The UV closure date is now only a couple of days away. I just redeemed a large pile of codes that I'd set aside over the years but ignored... some recent although also many quite old.

They all worked except the Universal ones (many of which it seems were withdrawn just recently on 15-Feb-2019) and all the BBC ones (redemption website doesn't even exist anymore). No problems with Warner Bros, Sony or Fox titles. They all went to Google Play except for the ones that redeemed on the Flixter site.

Guess that I should now spend some time hunting down more codes from purchases that I haven't watched or even unsealed yet...!
Definitely. And glad to see it’s all still working as it should. For now......

I’m hoping that the great UV switch off will go smoothly - all codes once redeemed via Flixster will just slide on over to Google Play and all will be right with the world.........

.........or it could all go to hell in a hand basket - all those that we’ve linked to MA will double up in our Google Play accounts and it’ll be a cluster**** of epic proportions.........

It’s a shame it such an utter mess as having the flexibility of codes to lend to people via your digital library or to take with you commuting/travelling is such a cool concept. Plus the market for buying dirt cheap digital codes for those films you don’t want to drop full price of a disc on is a nice little alternative to sit alongside your disc collection. Especially when you’re running out of room.........

I migrated my UV account to Flixter, but there isn't a Flixter app for my LG C8 TV...

What's the best app to watch on LG tv's? So far the Moves & TV App through Google is the best.

I migrated my UV account to Flixter, but there isn't a Flixter app for my LG C8 TV...

What's the best app to watch on LG tv's? So far the Moves & TV App through Google is the best.
The lack of Flixster app on TVs is definitely what killed it in my opinion.

Unless you have gone through the shenanigans of setting up a Movies Anywhere account from the US (see the thread here: iTunes/UV/MA Redemption & Playback FAQ (Please read OP as questions may already be answered)) and are able to use YouTube (which links to your Google account), then the Google Play Movies & TV app is the only game in town I think.

If you do go the Movies Anywhere route, its also worth setting up a US iTunes account and geting hold of an Apple TV as the quality of playback from iTunes is far better than the Google app in my opinion.....well it is on my Philips anyway!!

They all worked except the Universal ones (many of which it seems were withdrawn just recently on 15-Feb-2019)
I encountered that issue with some Zoom orders (Spartacus, Ted/Ted2, Steve Jobs) and was advised to contact Universal support using their form @ https://www.ultravioletuniversal.com/support/gbr/support.aspx (click on the 3rd bullet point to reveal form)

I submitted one form per title and these were the trickier bits of the form (just found the Spartacus email from them which had my submitted answers/text) ...
Technical Information
Retailer: ... (Zoom not there, so I left it blank)
Operating System: Other
Request Details
Request Type: Redemption Code and Licenses
Comments or Questions: Please note this redemption code was for the Blu-ray title
Spartacus ("55th Anniversary Restored Edition"), purchased on 14th April 2019 from
Zoom.co.uk, who have advised me to click here and request a new code.
their email response, after an hour or two ...
Subject: Re: Ultraviolet Universal International Support Request - Spartacus (1960)

Hello,

We want to thank you for purchasing your copy of Spartacus. We know you will enjoy the movie on disc! However, we apologize for any confusion regarding the digital redemption offer. What you have purchased with the Blu-ray™ + Digital version of this title is the physical disc version of the film and, as an added bonus, a digital redemption offer that is subject to the terms communicated on each package. Among the terms on the packaging is a warning that the digital redemption offer is subject to expiration, the specific expiration date for which may be found at nbcucodes.com. In this instance, the digital redemption offer has expired, and therefore, it is not possible for us to fulfill your request for the digital redemption of the movie in question. Though not the product you desired, we sympathize and would like to offer you a digital code for the redemption of any of the below listed titles. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Victoria & Abdul
Lady Bird
The Huntsman: Winter's War
Snow White and the Huntsman
Girls Trip
Pitch Perfect 3
The Snowman
Jaws
Pacific Rim: Uprising
Phantom Thread
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Freed
Straight Outta Compton

Thank you.

Universal Digital Copy Support
Support Case Info:
Product: Universal Digital Copy
Issue: Other
Template: DC00040
Same response for the other titles. I then replied to each with my chosen title from that limited list (ended up choosing Lady Bird, The Huntsman: Winter's War, Snow White and the Huntsman, Jaws). After another hour or two received the UV code.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll give that a try. Spartacus was also one of the titles I had that didn't work; some others included Ex_Machina, Kick Ass, Kick Ass 2, Dad's Army and more that I don't remember. Also have Ted, Fifty Shades and perhaps others from Universal amongst the stacks of Poundland discs I haven't been through yet!

I found a Lionsgate code sometime later, which is another that didn't work anymore. Their redemption site redirects to Flixster but the system didn't accept the code.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Spartacus was also one of the titles I had that didn't work; some others included Ex_Machina, Kick Ass, Kick Ass 2, Dad's Army and more that I don't remember. Also have Ted, Fifty Shades and perhaps others from Universal amongst the stacks of Poundland discs I haven't been through yet!

I found a Lionsgate code sometime later, which is another that didn't work anymore. Their redemption site redirects to Flixster but the system didn't accept the code.

I have not had any luck with Lionsgate titles lately none of them work and their CS support didn’t really care!

I'll probably not bother trying to contact Lionsgate and don't imagine the BBC would be very helpful either. Yesterday evening I also found a Sony code that didn't work, which was a surprise since all the others did. This was for Total Recall (2012); when submitted the page redirects to Sony Pictures Store instead of Google Play, then says that an unknown error occurred upon trying to redeem it there. I've submitted a support request.

Have so far also tried the Universal support page for 5 out of the 11 codes of theirs that didn't work. Had a bunch of replies this morning although they're being slightly less helpful than krish's experience as they're now demanding scans of each code slip (in addition to asking me to restate the country each time, which is already on the submitted form). I'll send off those images later and see what happens next!

Last edited:
Okay, next step... they're playing along & now sending offers for replacement codes, with a revised list of options:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Skyscraper
Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again
The First Purge
Johnny English Strikes Again
Mortal Engines
Halloween (2018)
Dr. Seuss’ the Grinch (2018)
The Fast and the Furious
The Big Lebowski
Les Misérables
Jurassic World
First Man

However, they've started bouncing my second batch of requests with this response after I've sent through the UltraViolet slip images:

Dear Customer,

The proof of purchase that you provided does not pass our standards of proof and as a result, we are unable to confirm the validity of your purchase of the title in question. As such, at this time, we are unable to provide you with a code. For us to validate your proof of purchase, please send us a picture of a strip of paper with your email address written on it next to the package of the movie.

Thank you.

Universal Digital Copy Support

However, they've started bouncing my second batch of requests with this response after I've sent through the UltraViolet slip images:
Sounds simple enough to resolve (assuming you’ve got the discs).
Just write your email address on a piece of paper & put it next to the Blu-ray case for the film & take a picture.
Bit like how on the classifieds, mods will sometimes ask people to put their username on a piece of paper next to what they’re selling, & post the picture.

Yes, I've done that. I now have 11 support requests at various different stages of processing, some of which they're being more picky about than others; which seems a little unnecessary given the original redemption simply needed the code. I wonder if they'll ask for a mugshot taken in front of today's newspaper next... :laugh:

I've nevertheless received a code for First Man from them, which redeemed successfully! :clap:

Yes added the movie to my Google Play account.

I also found a Sony code that didn't work, which was a surprise since all the others did. This was for Total Recall (2012); when submitted the page redirects to Sony Pictures Store instead of Google Play, then says that an unknown error occurred upon trying to redeem it there. I've submitted a support request.

I have a conclusion to this Sony issue now. They say that Total Recall (2012) isn't available anymore, although it is actually listed on Google Play (for an almighty price of £2.49 which might be just a little bit high). That's no problem as they've sent another code for me to use if it ever does become available again (okay, that's cool, but not holding my breath for that to happen) and like Universal have also offered a free choice of another movie. So I can choose something better from their list...

The Angry Birds Movie
The Emoji Movie
Life (2017)
Passengers (2016)
Rough Night
Smurfs: The Lost Village
Spider-Man: Homecoming
T2: Trainspotting
Underworld: Blood Wars

Got to be Spider-Man: Homecoming if you haven’t already got it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom