• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Ultimate Remote Control

J

JetJockey

Hello all.

I'm about to take the plunge and get a Universal remote. I will be needing to control a - Plasma panel - Lumagen scaler - DVD player - Sky box - Infra red dimmer switch - AV Amplifier.

I have looked around and feel that I need something pretty straightforward, possibly with a color LCD screen. Needless to say the Pronto keeps raising it's head but I see several complaints about it. :(

In an ideal world, I would like to be able to also control (don't know how) my Home PC (through my home wireless network or maybe with an add in board). If not possible I would like to be able to browse the internetnet via the remote control and maybe even display this on the Plasma!! :lease:

I am told that the Ultimate remote control is the Crestron (mega bucks) which is a mini PC itself. I know very little about remotes. Could anyone offer some advice or pros and cons please?

Regards, Gerald. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom