1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultimate Remote Control

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by JetJockey, Oct 18, 2005.

1. JetJockey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hello all.

I'm about to take the plunge and get a Universal remote. I will be needing to control a - Plasma panel - Lumagen scaler - DVD player - Sky box - Infra red dimmer switch - AV Amplifier.

I have looked around and feel that I need something pretty straightforward, possibly with a color LCD screen. Needless to say the Pronto keeps raising it's head but I see several complaints about it. :(

In an ideal world, I would like to be able to also control (don't know how) my Home PC (through my home wireless network or maybe with an add in board). If not possible I would like to be able to browse the internetnet via the remote control and maybe even display this on the Plasma!! :lease:

I am told that the Ultimate remote control is the Crestron (mega bucks) which is a mini PC itself. I know very little about remotes. Could anyone offer some advice or pros and cons please?

Regards, Gerald. :)