THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

Perhaps the most serious one is that it does not output higher than 48 kHz sound either via HDMI or optical. (?) In fact whatever changes one makes in the audio menu
what's do you mean? there is no movie with more 48kHz, only AKIRA have trueHD 192hz.

there are some music BD with 96hz .

audio menu is for analog output.

what's do you mean? there is no movie with more 48kHz, only AKIRA have trueHD 192hz.

there are some music BD with 96hz .

audio menu is for analog output.
The M9702 as most mediaplayers can play HQ audio files: FLAC, WAVE etc. up to 92 kHz and 192 kHz (I have TB+ of such music files!). The audio menu provides settings for high-def. audio to output via optical output. The signal however that actually appears is downsampled to 48 kHz! Why?
Incidentally there is no analog output connection on the player!

Or, this was yet one other clone limitation
rong did, I think I recall, because of some not exact h/w in the mobo or soc. Certain model revisions had it and didnt. Or was it his older firmware didnt support sacd.

Eitherway, I have SuperAudio ISO's, DVD-A ISO's with hi bit rate, HQ, HD audio. Everything is fully supported on my Oppo-203.

There is no coaxial port only optical. (M9702 V3)
M9702 V3 ¿Como sacar salida coaxial? DIY

Tested the M9702 V2, optical output limited to 24 bits 96 KHz, coaxial allows 24-bit 192 Khz.
The limitation in the coaxial output at 192 khz comes by software, so the oppo makes downsampling to its maximum in superior files, tested with Mahler 5a in file 24 bits 354.2 Khz.
By optical only supports 96khz and so you have to mark it in settings or not get audio properly, will make noise and cuts.

Sometimes, depending on the format of the file when making downsampling to 96 khz produces cuts in the optical output (at least in my case to the water Dac)
For those who want to use the digital output (optical or coaxial) the reference is coaxial.

M9702 V3 ¿Como sacar salida coaxial? DIY

Thank you!
I am going to fix(solder) it and see how the home made coax works.
Regards

The last few weeks I was watching all the GOT 4k ISOs and there were a few pauses but I was leaving it running and turning off the NAS. I've not seen that when just powering it and the NAS up and then watching a move right away.
Which protocol is the NAS using if you don't mind me asking? SMB v1?

Which protocol is the NAS using if you don't mind me asking? SMB v1?
It's set to SMB1 - SMB3. I think you have to have SMB1 for the M9702 to work.

The bigger issues are that I do not think HDR and Dolby Vision work correctly. I've had a few other movies with little pauses and it's random and restarting the movie or unit seems to fix it. I wish there was a more stable player.

I am interested in getting one of these players. I already have an Oppo 205 and would like to know which version would suit me best. I want to use the Oppo 205 just for my SACDs/music and one of these players to play my MKV files via USB 3.0 storage. Would getting the M9205 version be a waste just for MKV files?

Also, I assume that the loading speed for MKV files from USB 3.0 is the same as the Oppo 205 correct?

I am interested in getting one of these players. I already have an Oppo 205 and would like to know which version would suit me best. I want to use the Oppo 205 just for my SACDs/music and one of these players to play my MKV files via USB 3.0 storage. Would getting the M9205 version be a waste just for MKV files?

Also, I assume that the loading speed for MKV files from USB 3.0 is the same as the Oppo 205 correct?
i would recommend another player personally for mkv , the loading time is pretty high, the overall gui is not that good (personal taste) and there is atm no support for dolby vision of any kind on mkv.

How can I make an M9702 to Windows 10 PC interface work?

Do newer firmwares allow SMBv2 and SMBv3?

SMBv1 is too dangerous to use, because of ransomware and other perils.

carlmart, the M9702 and basically, its Oppo-203/205 firmware will Not do SMBv2 or v3 ever.
You won't get any other UI to interface with any other OSes UI. You can try the Vero 4K+ with Kodi and the python stuff that moremodey1 has implemented here:

carlmart, the M9702 and basically, its Oppo-203/205 firmware will Not do SMBv2 or v3 ever.
You won't get any other UI to interface with any other OSes UI. You can try the Vero 4K+ with Kodi and the python stuff that moremodey1 has implemented here:
OK, then tell me how can I use the M9702 safely on a network, because SMBv1 is not an option?

Can I use it with a Linux NAS system? What other options do I have?

You can install NFS small server on Win10 as well, search in this thread for more info.

Where can I find instructions or some kind of tutorial to work with NFS and M9702?

Where can I find instructions or some kind of tutorial to work with NFS and M9702?
Check out AVPassions forum:

DVR-Provider thingy:

Tutorial Media-Server / Media-Center "DVR-Provider" lo mejor para tu Oppo 203, 205 y chinoppo (clones M9702, M9201, M9203, M9205) cineUltra 203, 204

Tutorial for Windows with NFS shares:

Hi all! I have one question plz help.
If you play a cropped HDR10 ts and use force DV, is it plays fine?
The black bars are grey or black?
I don't have DV capable TV so I can't check.
Thanks!!

Hi all! I have one question plz help.
If you play a cropped HDR10 ts and use force DV, is it plays fine?
The black bars are grey or black?
I don't have DV capable TV so I can't check.
Thanks!!
Not sure, but if you play cropped DV content then the black bars are grey.

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of an M9203 ordered direct from Rong a few days ago. Already have a UDP-203 jailbroken thanks to this site and did the BDP-103 too. The last one had some issues, I screwed up and the drawer no longer works, even after re-installing the AU version of firmware. Since the likelihood of a hardware failure happening at exactly the same time as a firmware upgrade is astronomically small, I'm still investigating that issue as a software problem.

In summary, this is the most fun I've had since I discovered the GreenArrays GA144 Forth processor, and that was many years ago. I've always had an interest in video but never got into it on a technical level, apart from owning a pair of RCA 2" Quad tape edit suites at one point ... but that was a much older and lower level of technology.

I'd still like to experience the ultimate - the UDP-205 - but they rarely come up at a reasonable price and one that did appear a few days ago was sold in 20 minutes. I've thought about the Sonica DAC but it's a bit of an oddball, since it doesn't support either SMB or NFS, making it almost completely useless. Anyhow, I'll be dropping by occasionally to keep track of the progress others are making, and to report any successes as they occur.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom