THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

First of all, thanks for experimenting with these!!!

Yes, these are expected.

No, Oppo can play back single layer DV in ts and mp4 as well, but the file has to be carefully crafted :)
The problem is that these developments are in very early age, especially tsmuxer, so lot of things can be missing/changed in every build, they keep changing it, so I personally wouldn't rely on it as a test.

any idea what options or specific build for tsmuxer to use ? i merged the main track + EL with makemkv 1.15.3. Maybe you can pm me a reproductible source

But my original question was: can you make the forced on-the-fly DV conversion (when you set HDR Output to: Dolby Vision) work with mkv files as well? (so far it only works with ts/mp4/bluray/etc sdr/hdr10). Maybe this one is just a simple container or file extension check :)

so far i have no idea

Send that A8H back, and get an LG Cx or Panasonic. DV is LLDV on Sony TVs (you wil see banding /posterization, especially with low bitrate streaming content, you have to set Oppo to Player-led with it), it clips hdr10, low peak brightness with HDR, etc. I never buy Sony until they change to Full DV implementation, they do this crap for years now, while everyone else on the market uses the full one.
I did look at reviews. LG CX is aimed towards gaming. Im in the USA and the Panasonic HZ2000 is not available here and too costly. So far, Im happy with my purchase. Im mainly 1080p and 4K bluray ISOs. Thanks.

any idea what options or specific build for tsmuxer to use ? i merged the main track + EL with makemkv 1.15.3. Maybe you can pm me a reproductible source
Ask this instead on the makemkv forum, there are even people with Oppo there and they like to experiment.

I did look at reviews. LG CX is aimed towards gaming. Im in the USA and the Panasonic HZ2000 is not available here and too costly. So far, Im happy with my purchase. Im mainly 1080p and 4K bluray ISOs. Thanks.
No worries, I just wanted you to know in case you didn't. As long as You are happy... :) Enjoy!

Being a Panasonic GZ1000 owner in Canada, I will say it’s likely the best picture quality on the OLED market, but I’m feeling extremely cheated after Panasonic pulled out of the Canadian market in the spring. Now what do I do when the panel fails in 2023?
On a side note, is anyone in Canada interested in my M9702 V3 ?

Being a Panasonic GZ1000 owner in Canada, I will say it’s likely the best picture quality on the OLED market, but I’m feeling extremely cheated after Panasonic pulled out of the Canadian market in the spring. Now what do I do when the panel fails in 2023?

Same will be happening soon here in Brazil.....Sony is pulling out of the Brazilian market.:(

hi i took a bluray disc with Dolby Vision Profile 7 FEL (the most common)

TV display dv logo and long info press displays DV 12 bit.

I then created an mkv with single layer with latest makemkv 1.15.3 as it now support DV merging perfectly.

TV doesnt display logo and long info press displays HDR10

i remuxed then the mkv in ts with tsmuxer and then TV doesnt display the logo and my tv report 8 bit
input but long press info on oppo show DV 12 bit.

both mkv and ts had correct dv single layer video track :

Do you think it means that oppo info is based on (TS) header but oppo can only output DV when 2 layer / pid are present ?

i isolated the part of the code where the DV detection is done in bluray mode, will have to debug a lot more when time is available to confirm all this, but it doesnt look good to have ts or mkv single track compatibility :(
dolby vision certificate devices NOT support mkv container for DV.
MKV DV work only with android player with modificated software.

"mkv DV" never work with DV TV or oppo/clone player.

The only player I know that supports MKV DV (using makemkv latest version) is the nvidia shield 2019 with the latest plex app, that if you have a plex server.

The oppo/clone can not do mkv DV and can only do DV upconvert from mp4 file types eg if you have 1080p file in mp4 and you can force it to DV and it will work but its like fake DV conversion.

You can make an m2ts file with both Dolby Vision and Atmos from the main movie file of a UHD using tsMuxer and it will play on an Oppo. I only recently confirmed this for myself testing with John Wick 3.

You can make an m2ts file with both Dolby Vision and Atmos from the main movie file of a UHD using tsMuxer and it will play on an Oppo. I only recently confirmed this for myself testing with John Wick 3.

which version of tsmuxer did you use for that ? was the DV movie FEL, and how did you create the m2ts file ? Did you select both main video tracks (HDR10 + DV) or just the HDR10 one ?

Thx

dolby vision certificate devices NOT support mkv container for DV.
MKV DV work only with android player with modificated software.

"mkv DV" never work with DV TV or oppo/clone player.
can you explain a bit more this certificate part ? i dont see anything related in the code. Is it some hdcp stuff or just legal agreement ?

it looks like the player is just doing :

if is_bdmv -> check dolby Vision
if not dolby_vision -> check_forced_dv_settings.

which version of tsmuxer did you use for that ? was the DV movie FEL, and how did you create the m2ts file ? Did you select both main video tracks (HDR10 + DV) or just the HDR10 one ?

Thx
Actually you can just detect the m2ts with eac3to / tsmuxer .. whatever then drop the m2ts on tsmuxer

Thx
Currently using latest macos tsmuxer to remux some of my DV Blurays. git-5e7ca8a

if the DV logo pops up can you check the DV version / track with mediainfo ?
Yes, my LOTR the Two Towers Part 1 UHD.iso shows up with "Dolby Vision", the Oppo-203 info shows the Same. Unless your asking if I have mediainfo for macos for free? Nope, I dont.

Currently using latest macos tsmuxer to remux some of my DV Blurays. git-5e7ca8a

okay, can you describe your process in tsmuxer ?
Are you able to create a m2ts file that has both HDR tracks (base + EL) with lossless audio and be able to play that back in the Oppo ?

Oh Wow, this thread blew up. I've missed like 50 pages. For some reason wasn't getting any alerts.

What have I missed? How is everyone's devices holding up? Is there still no way to turn off the device properly other than using the app on a phone?
I'm still not getting alerts for this page. I just find it once in a while and have a look. I'm really interested in the auto script but the last time i looked the instructions were Google translated and I didn't want to mess up my machine.

Thx
Details are in the Oppo 203 as a media streamer thread in the last few posts.

Yes, my LOTR the Two Towers Part 1 UHD.iso shows up with "Dolby Vision", the Oppo-203 info shows the Same. Unless your asking if I have mediainfo for macos for free? Nope, I dont.
No i was taking about mediainfo on the ts file that you created with tsmuxer.

mediainfo is free here : MediaInfo

On a side note, is anyone in Canada interested in my M9702 V3 ?
I would be interested in your M9702 V3. PM me pricing. I live in BC. thanks

Coulusion, what AutoScript do you want to do?
If its for NFS automounting, it wont harm your Oppo unit.

Moremodey1, Mediainfo on MacOS is not free. Im still waiting for my Apple iphone x trade-in credit to show up.

here ya go:

Code:
General

ID                                       : 1 (0x1)

Complete name                            : /Users/darrensolomon/Downloads/Test/BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts

Format                                   : BDAV

Format/Info                              : Blu-ray Video

File size                                : 55.5 GiB

Duration                                 : 1 h 46 min

Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable

Overall bit rate                         : 74.4 Mb/s

Maximum Overall bit rate                 : 35.5 Mb/s

Video #1

ID                                       : 4113 (0x1011)

Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)

Format                                   : HEVC

Format/Info                              : High Efficiency Video Coding

Format profile                           : Main [email protected]@High

HDR format                               : SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible

Codec ID                                 : 36

Width                                    : 3 840 pixels

Height                                   : 2 160 pixels

Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9

Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS

Color space                              : YUV

Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0 (Type 2)

Bit depth                                : 10 bits

Color range                              : Limited

Color primaries                          : BT.2020

Transfer characteristics                 : PQ

Matrix coefficients                      : BT.2020 non-constant

Mastering display color primaries        : Display P3

Mastering display luminance              : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 4000 cd/m2

Maximum Content Light Level              : 827 cd/m2

Maximum Frame-Average Light Level        : 329 cd/m2

Video #2

ID                                       : 4117 (0x1015)

Format                                   : HEVC

Format/Info                              : High Efficiency Video Coding

Format profile                           : Main [email protected]@High

HDR format                               : SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible

Codec ID                                 : 36

Width                                    : 1 920 pixels

Height                                   : 1 080 pixels

Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9

Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS

Color space                              : YUV

Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0 (Type 2)

Bit depth                                : 10 bits

Color range                              : Limited

Color primaries                          : BT.2020

Transfer characteristics                 : PQ

Matrix coefficients                      : BT.2020 non-constant

Mastering display color primaries        : Display P3

Mastering display luminance              : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 4000 cd/m2

Audio

ID                                       : 4352 (0x1100)

Format                                   : AC-3 MLP FBA 16-ch

Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3 + Meridian Lossless Packing FBA with 16-channel presentation

Commercial name                          : Dolby TrueHD with Dolby Atmos

Muxing mode                              : Stream extension

Codec ID                                 : 131

Bit rate mode                            : Variable

Bit rate                                 : 448 kb/s

Maximum bit rate                         : 4 668 kb/s

Channel(s)                               : 8 channels

Channel layout                           : L R C LFE Ls Rs Lb Rb

Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz

Frame rate                               : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)

Compression mode                         : Lossy

Stream size                              : 342 MiB (1%)

Service kind                             : Complete Main

Number of dynamic objects                : 11

Bed channel count                        : 1 channel

Bed channel configuration                : LFE

Text

ID                                       : 4768 (0x12A0)

Format                                   : PGS

Codec ID                                 : 144

Last edited:
okay, can you describe your process in tsmuxer ?
Are you able to create a m2ts file that has both HDR tracks (base + EL) with lossless audio and be able to play that back in the Oppo ?
Yes. Exact process as follows.
I did a full folder rip of John Wick 3 UHD using the AnyDVD HD folder backup creator.
I then used BD-info to identify the main movie file in the folder rip.
Then I ran tsMuxer and selected that file.
From the listed components of the file I chose the two HEVC tracks, the TrueHD 7.1 English audio and the PGS 0 English subtitle stream and deselected everything else.
I then set the output to m2ts, selected the first 3 mins in the cut list and ran the mux to my chosen filepath.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom