THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

Can anyone help me solve having to unplug the Ethernet cable from the router and plug it back in each time I switch on my m9702?

For some reason, the m9702 can't see the network at the point when it's switched on and so each time I have to trudge off to the Sky router and unplug the Ethernet cable (connection is showing amber) and plug it back in again (it goes green).

Any help in solving this would be much appreciated.

Desk

m9702 is the same for all Dolby Vision, but HDR does not have this wrong, and the display correct.
Well, I don't have this problem with my m9702 v3 on LG Oled B8, Overscan is switched off in B8 by using "Original" Aspect ratio and "Just scan" is On.

Forr some reason, the m9702 can't see the network at the point when it's switched on and so each time I have to trudge off to the Sky router and unplug the Ethernet cable (connection is showing amber) and plug it back in again (it goes green).
Ideas:
- is DHCP enabled in both the router and m9702?
- have you tried different cable?

Ideas:
- is DHCP enabled in both the router and m9702?
- have you tried different cable?
Yeah, tried it with different cables, and DHCP is enabled on both the router and the m9702. Doesn't seem to matter what I do, though, every time the m9702 is switched on the connection at the router shows amber and the Ethernet cable needs to be pulled out and shoved back in before it'll go green.

I can't work it out.

Desk

Yeah, tried it with different cables, and DHCP is enabled on both the router and the m9702. Doesn't seem to matter what I do, though, every time the m9702 is switched on the connection at the router shows amber and the Ethernet cable needs to be pulled out and shoved back in before it'll go green.

I can't work it out.

Desk
That is weird, would a Static IP work better for your setup?

If not, looks like some more trouble shooting is needed. Remove some things out of the chain.
How does the M9702 work with no router involved? Does it automatically obtain an IP address? Does it stay locked onto it after the M9702 powers OFF and then back on? Because, a user here had an M9702 unit that his ethernet port failed and Rong replaced his unit.

Can anyone help me solve having to unplug the Ethernet cable from the router and plug it back in each time I switch on my m9702?

For some reason, the m9702 can't see the network at the point when it's switched on and so each time I have to trudge off to the Sky router and unplug the Ethernet cable (connection is showing amber) and plug it back in again (it goes green).

Any help in solving this would be much appreciated.

Desk
You can turn the network ON/OFF/Wireless in the M9702 settings without unplugging the cable.

This situation sometimes occurs in 20XCN-60-0625 of udp-203, but it does not appear in 20xRU-65-0131.

New member here. Been reading through this thread as I am after a player capable of playing back BDMV folders over the network with LLDV so that I can make use of the DV hack of the Vertex2 for my projector. While I would consider a M9702 or similar, I am leaning towards picking up an Oppo 203.

I have some of questions:

1. Does the jailbreak mod allow frame packed (MVC) 3D movies to be played back from a network share?

2. Using the instructions provided by @theaxledentaldj which version of the firmware files would apply to the Australian model?

New member here. Been reading through this thread as I am after a player capable of playing back BDMV folders over the network with LLDV so that I can make use of the DV hack of the Vertex2 for my projector. While I would consider a M9702 or similar, I am leaning towards picking up an Oppo 203.

I have some of questions:

1. Does the jailbreak mod allow frame packed (MVC) 3D movies to be played back from a network share?

2. Using the instructions provided by @theaxledentaldj which version of the firmware files would apply to the Australian model?
I can answer the 3D question, yes! Full framed packed 1080p mvc 3D Blu-ray ISOs playback on my Samsung LED 3D HDTV. I have active shutter glasses. This all works via NFS share and from local USB HDD on my Oppo 203 and it worked on my M9702 v2.

As for austrailian unit of an Oppo, I dont know which firmware it uses, but you would first need the original Austrailian firmware files and then you can easily edit it like Thomas S and I have to get it to use AutoScript and swich out to trick it to copy the MAIN20XRU
bin file into its NAND to do the firmware update and Jailbreak method.

I could make a package up and do it for you but I might not have time to do.

Heres a quick google search for it:

I can answer the 3D question, yes! Full framed packed 1080p mvc 3D Blu-ray ISOs playback on my Samsung LED 3D HDTV. I have active shutter glasses. This all works via NFS share and from local USB HDD on my Oppo 203 and it worked on my M9702 v2.

As for austrailian unit of an Oppo, I dont know which firmware it uses, but you would first need the original Austrailian firmware files and then you can easily edit it like Thomas S and I have to get it to use AutoScript and swich out to trick it to copy the MAIN20XRU
bin file into its NAND to do the firmware update and Jailbreak method.

I could make a package up and do it for you but I might not have time to do.

Heres a quick google search for it:

Thanks for the reply!

Can you confirm it will also play frame packed BDMV folders too?

If I can get my hands on a device I will try and work out which country's firmware it uses. My suspicion is that its the EU firmware.

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply!

Can you confirm it will also play frame packed BDMV folders too?

If I can get my hands on a device I will try and work out which country's firmware it uses. My suspicion is that its the EU firmware.

Cheers!

Package ready, I cant sleep tonight.

Notes: I do not take any responsibility if it doesnt work or bricks your unit. It has not been tested.

Frame pack 1080p MVC 3D only works from a 3D Blu-ray ISO. Im very familiar with 3D. In a BDMV folder, sometimes you loose the siff folder and or the player doesnt see it. Only in ISO/UDF container.

Now, there is the trick method of remuxing a certain wait into 3D m2ts or was it mkv that work with the M9702. Been a year ago when I talked to another user here who said it work that way.

You will need to first look at the units included firmware to figure out which firmware to update to.

Thanks! I will save for when I can get a unit.

OK not worries, I can simply convert the BDMV folders I have for 3D to ISO using CloneBD. All good.

So if I understand this correctly, inside the package you gave me includes the most recent firmware available for Australian units?

Hello,

After the Jailbrake >> EU Oppo to Russian Firmware i can set different languages on the player other than english and russian ? I am from Poland and right now i have a polish language set on my original oppo software.

PS. After the jaibrake when in the future oppo company gonna release new software version for oppo 203 and 205 i can make a upgrade normaly as usually from network and then the jaibrake version will be gone ?

Best Regards.

Last edited:
So if I understand this correctly, inside the package you gave me includes the most recent firmware available for Australian units?
Yes, 65-0131. You can easily build it your self. Its a simple renaming of a file and editing that renamed file in the p.sh script to match it. Then placing the Original UDP20XAU.bin fil in the root. Unzip it and have a look and take a look at the other models packages. Also, read the notes on how Thomas S describes on what Oppos firmware zip contains. Was an easy thing to do and easy AutoScript to trick the Oppo to Jailbreak any model/region firmware.

Hello,

After the Jailbrake >> EU Oppo to Russian Firmware i can set different languages on the player other than english and russian ? I am from Poland and right now i have a polish language set on my original oppo software.

PS. After the jaibrake when in the future oppo company gonna release new software version for oppo 203 and 205 i can make a upgrade normaly as usually from network and then the jaibrake version will be gone ?

Best Regards.
Yes, you can change the players language.
I highly doubt Oppo Digital is going to release any new firmwares. If you update it to any Official Oppo firmware, you do loose the Jailbreak.

On my m9702 3D works but when changing the 3D Depth from 8 to 16 or to 0 I can see no change. Can any m9702 user confirm this? Testing this with an 3D iso.

Yes, 65-0131. You can easily build it your self. Its a simple renaming of a file and editing that renamed file in the p.sh script to match it. Then placing the Original UDP20XAU.bin fil in the root. Unzip it and have a look and take a look at the other models packages. Also, read the notes on how Thomas S describes on what Oppos firmware zip contains. Was an easy thing to do and easy AutoScript to trick the Oppo to Jailbreak any model/region firmware.

Thanks mate!

Hi @moremodey01

First of all, thank you for the work you have done for this community.

I am trying to get the wallpapers autoscript to work on the Russian firmware. I have some doubt about the characteristics the wallpaper must have, I know that they must be in png format, resolution 1980x1080, and the same name as the menu that we want to configure.

Is something more necessary like adjusting the size of the image?
Is it necessary to delete the files that are already predetermined within the pic folder of the autoscript?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi @moremodey01

First of all, thank you for the work you have done for this community.

I am trying to get the wallpapers autoscript to work on the Russian firmware. I have some doubt about the characteristics the wallpaper must have, I know that they must be in png format, resolution 1980x1080, and the same name as the menu that we want to configure.

Is something more necessary like adjusting the size of the image?
Is it necessary to delete the files that are already predetermined within the pic folder of the autoscript?

Thank you very much in advance.
I can help, yes, you'll need to replace the files in the picture folders in this AutoScript package with your own. A few posts back someone posted the size limitation.

I can help, yes, you'll need to replace the files in the picture folders in this AutoScript package with your own. A few posts back someone posted the size limitation.
Thank you very much for the answer. I will look for the post to know the maximum size.

M9205 nothing special for this price... better buy used original oppo.

bl4ck, I agree, up until a certain point. Different countrys exchange rate of money is higher sometimes, so the cost of an ebay purchased Oppo-UDP-203 can be really costly.

Looking at the recently revealed pics of the M9205, Im not so sure having the "Oppo" logo is going to go well with customs and or Oppo Digital? Top right even has UDP-M9205. Don't know how he's getting a hold of China versions of the Oppo official remotes either. For $800 USD, sure better be as close to as the genuine Oppo-203.

Last edited:
bl4ck, I agree, up until a certain point. Different countrys exchange rate of money is higher sometimes, so the cost of an ebay purchased Oppo-UDP-203 can be really costly.

Looking at the recently revealed pics of the M9205, Im not so sure having the "Oppo" logo is going to go well with customs and or Oppo Digital? Top right even has UDP-M9205. Don't know how he's getting a hold of China versions of the Oppo official remotes either. For $800 USD, sure better be as close to as the genuine Oppo-203.

100% I was just surprised they are so bold to use the Oppo logo.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom