THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

USB seems ok, but I will try another to be safe. File is definitely in there (inside the UPG folder)

Try again, I though I read that user M9702
had to try the Mtktool a couple of times in order for the bootloader to get the firmware to upgrade/install.

FYI: the downgrade.bin is a bootloader to get the Mtktool and the M9702 to put the Main20xcn.bin on USB Flash drive to upgrade process. I know by looking at all the instructions on how to use the Mtktool its a sensative and tricky firmware update procss.
Let us know how it goes.
Just wish there was a simpler way to do it. Hoping for the Oppo Normal Firmware Update process if and when that main20xcn.bin can be made into the upgrade bin version..?

Update: I see you did it! Great! So it was the flash drive. Is it a size that the mtktool doesnt like because I have a 256GB usb 3.0 flash drive and it work fine for me via the Oppo 203 firmware update on my Oppo 203.

Last edited:
Confirmed, all working ok now! Flash was successful and now back into the Oppo system as I had before. Will have a tinker with telnet and auto script now! Thank you again @moremodey01 !

Firmware details now show:

Main Ver: 20XCN-65-0131
Loader: TF0032 8577 0032

How are you implementing Telnet.
Im sure you have inputed the right IP address with port number?
If that starts, you should get a login prompt
for password: root
I use my mac mini terminal shell.
Windows, theres a free piece of s/w that I used that also works: Putty (64-Bit).

I did it : 192.168.2.5 23

But sometimes it doesnt let me in and I cant get connection to Oppo 203, but my Autoscript still runs and works.
Not that I need Telnet into my Oppo 203 to do
anything.

Tried using homebrew telnet on MacOS (as it doesn't exist anymore) also tried via parallels desktop with windows 10 and enabled telnet there, ,also tried putty. Just tried the usual, telnet IP - tried manually specifying port 23 just in case, never see any login prompt.

Tried Autoscript and it didn't mount my drives, will have a look at the syntax and see what's wrong there.

I created Autoscript.TSS inside a folder named Autoscript on the USB drive, I also created the folders FULL-DISCS and NAS-SYNC direct on the USB Drive.

Autoscript.TSS:

#MTKAT 0.xx script

CLI(CLI_exec echo root::0:0:root,,,:/root:/bin/sh >/etc/passwd)
CLI(CLI_exec /usr/sbin/inetd &)
SLEEPMS(1000)
CLI(CLI_exec /usr/sbin/telnetd &)
CLI(CLI_exec mount.cifs //192.168.1.49/Media/4k-Movies/FULL-DISCS mnt/sda1/FULL-DISCS -o user=****,password=****,ro)
CLI(CLI_exec mount.cifs //192.168.1.49/Media/4k-Movies/NAS-SYNC mnt/sda1/NAS-SYNC -o user=****,password=****,ro)
CLI(CLI_exec mount > /mnt/sda1/mount.txt)

Would be much easier to troubleshoot if telnet would work.

I wonder if the firmware has not flashed properly? I went through the whole process again to be sure, it seemed to flash, I booted up the M9702 V3 again, it goes to Home Screen. Plays ISO's fine as it did before, but still no telnet.

Is there a way I can validate that it actually has flashed properly and telnet should be enabled?

Tried using homebrew telnet on MacOS (as it doesn't exist anymore) also tried via parallels desktop with windows 10 and enabled telnet there, ,also tried putty. Just tried the usual, telnet IP - tried manually specifying port 23 just in case, never see any login prompt.

Tried Autoscript and it didn't mount my drives, will have a look at the syntax and see what's wrong there.

I created Autoscript.TSS inside a folder named Autoscript on the USB drive, I also created the folders FULL-DISCS and NAS-SYNC direct on the USB Drive.

Autoscript.TSS:

#MTKAT 0.xx script

SLEEPMS(1000)
CLI(CLI_exec mount.cifs //192.168.1.49/Media/4k-Movies/FULL-DISCS mnt/sda1/FULL-DISCS -o user=****,password=****,ro)
CLI(CLI_exec mount.cifs //192.168.1.49/Media/4k-Movies/NAS-SYNC mnt/sda1/NAS-SYNC -o user=****,password=****,ro)

So your a MacOS, good. I can help more
The home brew stuff will be needed to get Telnet. Then use NPoser Autoscripts for NFS.

So your a MacOS, good. I can help more
The home brew stuff will be needed to get Telnet. Then use NPoser Autoscripts for NFS.

I am, yep.

All NFS shares are on a NAS - in which local IP is 192.168.1.49

Shares are:

Media/4k-Movies/FULL-DISCS
and
Media/4k-Movies/NAS-SYNC

I can see from scanning the IP of the M9702 that port 23 is open, but no matter which method I try to telnet, I do not get a login prompt. Tried home-brew telnet on MacOS, telnet on Windows, Putty on Windows. None give me the login for telnet which is making me think there is an issue with the flash?

You can a little test. Because Autoscript is more important. If it makes the mount.txt file and you look at it, did it write and text in the document for paths? If it created the mount.txt on the usb flash drive, then the flash update worked, and you have the Autoscript feature of this new free firmware. Next will be getting the mounted shared paths to work. Seems everybody never gets this right on first attempt.

Ahhhh! It has worked! I flashed one more time, now when I go into Movies and select the USB stick, the folders access the NFS mounts! That was very strange!

So, how many flashes did it take? It shouldnt take more than one. Hmmm

3 in total. First didn't work properly due to USB Drive issue.
Second Autoscript would not work with the mounts. Made a few changes, still nothing.
Third, flashed and used the exact same Autoscript file, went into Movies, browsed to folders and worked immediately, previously they were empty and the mount.txt was also empty, as if not even trying to mount.

I wonder if Telnet now also works, let me check and report back..

EDIT: Telnet still does not work

3 in total. First didn't work properly due to USB Drive issue.
Second Autoscript would not work with the mounts. Made a few changes, still nothing.
Third, flashed and used the exact same Autoscript file, went into Movies, browsed to folders and worked immediately, previously they were empty and the mount.txt was also empty, as if not even trying to mount.

I wonder if Telnet now also works, let me check and report back..

EDIT: Telnet still does not work
Are you using the M9702 gui ip addrees that it shows?

Autoscript.TSS:

#MTKAT 0.xx script

SLEEPMS(1000)

It is [drive]/AutoScript/AutoScript.TSS with capital S on script if i m not wrong

I'm thinking of buying an M9702 mainly to be able to play UHD backups ( in form of BDMW folders or ISO ) with DV and HDaudio over my network shares.

Can someone please give me an advice or maybe even a link if possible where I should buy this if I need it with at least 1y warranty. I live in Hungary/Europe.

Thanks

And what is the terminal prompt showing/ doing? (doesnt matter if its homebrew green looking as long as you sucsessfully i stalled the telnet dependancies with homebrew to work on MacOS. What version of MacOS are you running?

BTW, make sure to power cycle off and on the M9702 with this USB Flash drive plugged in. Telnet is finicky. In fact, I can't even get Telnet working again. and I lost a mounted share, but sometimes it comes back. So, it is what it is.

It was latest Catalina, now Beta 3 of Big Sur. No prompt at all, I'd expect to see at least the login prompt. Nothing. Also used various clients in windows, so definitely not the client which is an issue. I will try and power cycle the M9702 a few times, see if it helps.

I'm thinking of buying an M9702 mainly to be able to play UHD backups ( in form of BDMW folders or ISO ) with DV and HDaudio over my network shares.

Can someone please give me an advice or maybe even a link if possible where I should buy this if I need it with at least 1y warranty. I live in Hungary/Europe.

Thanks

I really really doubt you can buy it with a reliable warranty. I bought it with the expectation of zero warranty support. knock on wood, its worked fine now for a year+....

Thanks
You're not going to get any warranty on a product like this. Or tech support for that matter. Unless you find a retailer that will warranty it themselves, but I don't see that happening. Mine has been working fine for about 2 years, the only hiccup is I lost my jailbreak while trying to upgrade the firmware. Fortunately, moremodey01 came to the rescue, because the seller sure didn't.

You certainly don't feel bad for Rong losing business on the firmware side in the future when you consider he just wants to take your money and go.

I think I've read on the spanish forum that the seller gives 1y support. If you have a damaged device you need to send it back and after he confirms the failure he will send you a new one.

I think that is good enough for me.

Ok now something else. I know the answer is probably here but the thread is just way too long.
Can anybody from own experience tell me why should I NOT buying it ?
I really need it mainly just for playing UHD remuxes with dolby vision and HDaudio from iso or bdmw folders. Tv is LG C7.
Are you guys experiencing any freezes, audio dropouts, frame glitches, lipsync problems and other things like that ?

Thanks

Rong is known for ignoring emails, misguiding users facing firmware issues and not providing hardware support. The warranty is to be taken with a pinch of salt is all I'll say, try to be comfortable with that when you purchase.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom