THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

Ah! And the paid version is safe to flash onto the box I have? Don't mind paying, where would I find this please?
if you buy it could you share privatly the encrypt.dat and activation key , it could be usefull to allow other people to use this firmware for free and to review the exact differences between the RU and CN version.

Everybody i have asked so far prefer to not share while this could be really usefull for others.

Hi all, have read on here for a while, posting for the first time, which is the best place to purchase this player M9702?

Depends on where you live. In the USA, I bought it directly from Rong website.
I'm in USA, whats the site?

I have read through some of the pages, it seems the device is a clone of the Oppo minus the disc drive, I have an oppo, and a lot of my movies are backed up on my server, this would make it perfect to play them (potentially to increase the players life), and it seems people are also able to art on it making it a great way to browse as well. Does the player comes with a JB firmware, or you have to buy that separately?

I'm in USA, whats the site?

I have read through some of the pages, it seems the device is a clone of the Oppo minus the disc drive, I have an oppo, and a lot of my movies are backed up on my server, this would make it perfect to play them (potentially to increase the players life), and it seems people are also able to art on it making it a great way to browse as well. Does the player comes with a JB firmware, or you have to buy that separately?

Im expecting my Oppo UDP-203 tomorrow. So, Im not sure what I'm doing with my M9702.
Im going to jailbreak the Oppo UDP-203 for sure.

The M9702 comes with a Jailbroken Chinese OPPO65-0131 firmware that doesn't have AutoScript enabled and doesn't have "Favorites" that will work on Network shares. Only with local/USB mkv files unlike the Russian Jailbroken OPPO65-0131 firmware thats sold separately.

Im expecting my Oppo UDP-203 tomorrow. So, Im not sure what I'm doing with my M9702.
Im going to jailbreak the Oppo UDP-203 for sure.

The M9702 comes with a Jailbroken Chinese OPPO65-0131 firmware that doesn't have AutoScript enabled and doesn't have "Favorites" that will work on Network shares. Only with local/USB mkv files unlike the Russian Jailbroken OPPO65-0131 firmware thats sold separately.

Interesting, so you're saying, enabled, that means there is a way to do it? I dont care about faviorites as such, if I can see some art for all the movies, i'll be happy with that. Honestly since they are not made anymore, its good to have a back up.
I'm assuming the mac address will be left blank when using the M9702 option? Thanks again.

Interesting, so you're saying, enabled, that means there is a way to do it? I dont care about faviorites as such, if I can see some art for all the movies, i'll be happy with that. Honestly since they are not made anymore, its good to have a back up.
I'm assuming the mac address will be left blank when using the M9702 option? Thanks again.
This forum, we have recently discovered that there are two thumbnail size art views. Favorites provides a bit bigger view. Moe123 has done videos of it a couple of threads back. You should see it.

He bought the RU Jailbreak firmware and put that on his M9702. The M9702 purchasing process requires no MAC address to buy from Rongs website. The MAC address IS needed for the RU Jailbreak firmware purchase.

This forum, we have recently discovered that there are two thumbnail size art views. Favorites provides a bit bigger view. Moe123 has done videos of it a couple of threads back. You should see it.

He bought the RU Jailbreak firmware and put that on his M9702. The M9702 purchasing process requires no MAC address to buy from Rongs website. The MAC address IS needed for the RU Jailbreak firmware purchase.
Thank you, I’ll check that out.

Hi, I have read at the Spanish forum that Rong will be launching the clone of the Oppo 205 has ready to sell by the beginning of August (HDMI IN, UHD disk reader, analog amplification, toroidal power, etc).

Hi, I have read at the Spanish forum that Rong will be launching the clone of the Oppo 205 has ready to sell by the beginning of August (HDMI IN, UHD disk reader, analog amplification, toroidal power, etc).
I think Ive seen something like that on the HD199 forums many months ago. It was expensive. But, nice to see Rong is going to offer his take on clonin the Oppo 205.

Hi are you talking about the GIEC-BDP5300 ? Do you have a link for the spanish forum exact post ?

Hi are you talking about the GIEC-BDP5300 ? Do you have a link for the spanish forum exact post ?

I read this weeks ago, forgot about it.

No , it's clone of GIEC G5800 never released.

... and very expensive 1000 $/€

there are various:
Feng Zhe V80 - 锋哲V80 4K UHD播放机一机3用,读4K碟也能播放4K硬盘资源,机器还没捂热稍微来分享下-4K高清播放机-Hao4K
BRB-500 - BRB-500,取之于蓝,欲胜之。却得青红白绿。戏评BRB蓝光播放机,拆解分析-4K高清播放机-Hao4K
ecc...

" toroidal power" it's only for analog output, mainboard use economic switch power. It's dual-power check this image.

More interesting is avpassion user buyed a Giec BDP5300 and flash pionner LX500 work firmware from cina for Total around € 390.

I see you posted a link for the RU jailbreak - I'm thinking to start with a JB on my oppo-203 and then go from there, which one is considered a better one, as you mentioned the RU one has some better features. Does anyone know from a warranty prospective if they can be rolled back to factory firmware? in case the player needs to be sent for a repair.

Well, I got my Oppo-203 and finally tested the Oppo MediControl iOS App. Wow, its great.
Just look at the size comparison.
IMG_1017.jpg

Next up to get this RU Jailbreak, and get it on the M9702.

I see you posted a link for the RU jailbreak - I'm thinking to start with a JB on my oppo-203 and then go from there, which one is considered a better one, as you mentioned the RU one has some better features. Does anyone know from a warranty prospective if they can be rolled back to factory firmware? in case the player needs to be sent for a repair.

Well, Im gonna get the RU Jailbreak soon. Moe123 put it on his M9702 and it works better than the one Rong put on. It has AutoScripts and original Oppo home screen wallpapers, and Favorites works on everything no matter if its local or networked. The M9702 firmware by Rong is China and doesn't have what I mentioned. I do not know why..? It should.

Well, Im gonna get the RU Jailbreak soon. Moe123 put it on his M9702 and it works better than the one Rong put on. It has AutoScripts and original Oppo home screen wallpapers, and Favorites works on everything no matter if its local or networked. The M9702 firmware by Rong is China and doesn't have what I mentioned. I do not know why..? It should.
Congrats on the Oppo!
I have an NFS share which brings the movies to Oppo, so does the Rong one work with Favorites from Local or networked? I'll order the RU one as well, and does anyone know easy/hard is it to rollback to factory firmware?

Does anyone know from a warranty prospective if they can be rolled back to factory firmware? in case the player needs to be sent for a repair.
I was going to ask this as well, so if anyone does know, please let us know.

Congrats on the Oppo!
I have an NFS share which brings the movies to Oppo, so does the Rong one work with Favorites from Local or networked? I'll order the RU one as well, and does anyone know easy/hard is it to rollback to factory firmware?

Thanks!

Thats the one thing I do not like about all this jailbreaking of Opp's.., not a really good wiki or tutorial on using the mtktool.
Rongs M9702 uses his China firmware: 20XCN-65-0131. oppo-jb com uses 20XRU-65-0131.

I do not see why you can't mess around and downgrade to any of the firmwares you like. But the best one, in my opinion, seems to be the Russian Jailbreak firmware.

using Rongs included firmware, the M9702 "Favorites" will only give you that option on Local/USB attached mkv movies.

I would supposed putting back the Original Official Oppo firmware back on your Oppo-203 unit, would work so you can get warranty service. I have to check to see if their warranty is still in effect, seeing as its a discontinued product.

Thanks!

Thats the one thing I do not like about all this jailbreaking of Opp's.., not a really good wiki or tutorial on using the mtktool.
Rongs M9702 uses his China firmware: 20XCN-65-0131. oppo-jb com uses 20XRU-65-0131.

I do not see why you can't mess around and downgrade to any of the firmwares you like. But the best one, in my opinion, seems to be the Russian Jailbreak firmware.

using Rongs included firmware, the M9702 "Favorites" will only give you that option on Local/USB attached mkv movies.

I would supposed putting back the Original Official Oppo firmware back on your Oppo-203 unit, would work so you can get warranty service. I have to check to see if their warranty is still in effect, seeing as its a discontinued product.

I extended mine for a year, and I believe mine expires around October this year, I did purchase with a credit card that's supposed to extend it further by another 2 years which probably means, they will pay for repairs in that extended 2 year period. But I do feel like it should be just easy enough to just point to the factory firmware for it to be able to update it, maybe it requires, a firmware newer then the hacked one or the same hacked firware version be as the current factory firmware version number.

I extended mine for a year, and I believe mine expires around October this year, I did purchase with a credit card that's supposed to extend it further by another 2 years which probably means, they will pay for repairs in that extended 2 year period. But I do feel like it should be just easy enough to just point to the factory firmware for it to be able to update it, maybe it requires, a firmware newer then the hacked one or the same hacked firware version be as the current factory firmware version number.
Well, thats what has me wondering... do I keep my M9702, and have it as a backup and for portable usage or sell it?

In the Oppo-203, from what I know, if you want to downgrade firmwares, you'll have to use the USB-TTL and mtktool method. I do not know if you just use the firmware update option in settings to just change over or back to the official firmware? Oppo made it difficult to downgrade firmwares, encryption and signature checks.

Last edited:
Please can someome PM a link to the russian firmware for the m9702 V3.

Cheers

It is possible to upgrade to the Russian version, but you are going to lose the jailbreak functionality.
The activation file of the Russian version is different from that of the Chinese version.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom