THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

Hi, what is some specifications of this power suppy?
12V1.25A connector 5.5*2.1/2.5mm general

"Delta EADP-60" power suppy is very good cheap alternative.

Last edited:
someone have tested BD usb player with original BD or burned BD-R(BDXL)?
You can connect the USB BD-ROM via telnet, but you can play unencrypted disks only, the original Blu-Ray discs will not play

I'm trying to understand what the shutdown issue is and how to avoid it. Unfortunately the Russian forum doesn't translate well

about shutdown problem: a smart workaround for power off firmware without open remote oppo app...
usin IP command "POW" (power) and widget for web link http

create a widget link into home screen of your smatphone with this link:

replace xxx with ip address of m9702 like: 192.168.1.14
The command only works if you open the oppo app at some point.
If you turn on the M9702 and do not open the oppo app at any time, the ip control does not work.
I think the firmware needs to know that at some point the app has been started, to activate the server and to be able to control it through IP commands.

B. reccomend another piece of software like emby that can direct play iso or folders?
Qnap WITH DLNA Media Merver share BDMV and ISO ad "virtual" mpeg video, without any transconding, work very well but there is not any BD menu.

You can control jukebox with Qvideo , it's not nice and good as emby but it work.

I'm trying to understand what the shutdown issue is and how to avoid it. Unfortunately the Russian forum doesn't translate well

hi guys , also in bdmv folder there is the region problom?
i thoght its only on bluray disks

Ooh not so fast, its DVD region free, NOT 1080p Blu-ray Region A/B/C unlocked...

Ive only had 3 BD ISO movies that would not play because of Region locked. Avatar CE Disc 3, The Adventures of Tin Tin 3D.. I just remuxed the 3D iso and it played, and for the Avatar CE disc 3, I just wanted the 2 trailers so they were an easy remux. Seems the Oppo 203 firmware is set to Region A for 1080p Blu-rays. A big PIA to try Slyfox AnyHD to remove the region on my MacOS, but, should work on a Windows machine. Dont know why they didnt remove Blu-ray Region A/B/C from jailbreaking the firmware. Anyone else shed some light on this?
Not really a problem for me. I was able to use MacGo Bluray player to switch region and play that Avatar CE Disc 3.

Last edited:
It is a matter of how to properly shut down the M9702. How the Chinese hackers implemented it is wrong. Using RC's power button will switch power off from main board and SoC without first running proper shutdown procedure (takes ~10s in original Oppo 20x player while it shutdowns the embedded Linux running the system). From point of view of SoC hitting remote's Power button is same thing as if you would unplug it from mains. This could cause problems or potential corruption to any attached USB hard drives or maybe SMB/NFS network shares. I don't know how severe the problem actually is because I assume player just connects as Read Only privileges. Probably not bad because there has not been any major complaints from users of this device. I mean if people would constantly have corrupted USB memory devices I assume there would have been many complaints around here.

One way to properly shut down M9702 is to use Oppo 20x App's (Android + iOS) remote control functionality. I tested Oppo 20x app (iOS) and if you use software remote control to power off the M9702 (red led stays on) any connected hard drives will properly unmount and spin automatically off. After this it is 100% safe to power off the M9702 using remote's Power button (red led turns off).

Last edited:
You can connect the USB BD-ROM via telnet, but you can play unencrypted disks only, the original Blu-Ray discs will not play
You can? How is it done via telnet? I remember reading somewhere that it would not be possible with the firmware hack used in M9702.

Ooh not so fast, its DVD region free, NOT 1080p Blu-ray Region A/B/C unlocked...

Ive only had 3 BD ISO movies that would not play because of Region locked. Avatar CE Disc 3, The Adventures of Tin Tin 3D.. I just remuxed the 3D iso and it played, and for the Avatar CE disc 3, I just wanted the 2 trailers so they were an easy remux. Seems the Oppo 203 firmware is set to Region A for 1080p Blu-rays. A big PIA to try Slyfox AnyHD to remove the region on my MacOS, but, should work on a Windows machine. Dont know why they didnt remove Blu-ray Region A/B/C from jailbreaking the firmware. Anyone else shed some light on this?
Not really a problem for me. I was able to use MacGo Bluray player to switch region and play that Avatar CE Disc 3.

if you have a film that does not fit the region of the player then you change just the region of the player, as soon as you change the language in the language setting which fits the region.
for example :
English (USA) = A
English (GB) = B
English (AUS) = C

if you have a film that does not fit the region of the player then you change just the region of the player, as soon as you change the language in the language setting which fits the region.
for example :
English (USA) = A
English (GB) = B
English (AUS) = C

That is not a feature or an option in my M9702 v2 Settings menue. Ive tried. Ive looked into the Playback Setup->Language->Player Language: English, Deutsch, Francias..and so on. Disc Menu Language? Audio Language? Subtitle Language?
DEBAB359-6835-47B5-A89C-CBB14F959FD0.jpeg

Im aware of the Oppo Remote control dimmer code to switch regions and that dont work either.

Last edited:
Ive looked into the Playback Setup->Language->Player Language: English, Deutsch, Francias..and so on. Disc Menu Language? Audio Language? Subtitle Language?
For changing BD region you need to switch Disc Menu Language only
- BD-zone "A" - Setup-Playback Setup-Language-Disc Menu Language-English
- BD-zone "B" - Setup-Playback Setup-Language-Disc Menu Language-French
- BD-zone "C" - Setup-Playback Setup-Language-Disc Menu Language-Other-8285 (Russian)

Last edited:
right, that's exactly what it meant

Does anyone have a USB WIFI adapter with a Mediatek MT7662/MT7632/MT7612 chip?
Try to pull in it to USB3.0 port, turn on the player and check the Wi-Fi settings

For changing BD region you need to switch Disc Menu Language only
- BD-zone "A" - Setup-Playback Setup-Language-Disc Menu Language-English
- BD-zone "B" - Setup-Playback Setup-Language-Disc Menu Language-French
- BD-zone "C" - Setup-Playback Setup-Language-Disc Menu Language-Other-8285 (Russian)

OMG, that worked!!!!! I wish I knew this back in May. Not that its a real problem, French Avatar CE Disc 3 menues show up..hehehe.. Still wish the regions were turned off completely. But I only wanted the 3D trailer and the 2D teaser trailer out of the disc 3. If I run into a Region problem again, I can easily switch, take a look at the extras and then decide just remux the main movie out. Still easy. Thanks guys!

Have you tried ? Can you share some pictures ?
I don't have Wi-Fi dongle with the right chip but I investigated how it's realized in the real oppo player. The oppo FW uses CE_MT7662U_CFG80211 driver for the WiFi module and the module itself is implemented through USB 3.0 port on the oppo mainboard.

Does anyone have a USB WIFI adapter with a Mediatek MT7662/MT7632/MT7612 chip?
Try to pull in it to USB3.0 port, turn on the player and check the Wi-Fi settings
i don't think there is economic USB dongle , it's not easy to found 5v card...

lot of card are 3,3V

so buy: card + antenna + box .... it's less expensive a LAN access point/bridge.

Last edited:
a friend has the M9702 v 3 with the Fw 65-0131 but no ISOs are played, what could be the problem? A reset has already been done but no changes, who knows what advice

a friend has the M9702 v 3 with the Fw 65-0131 but no ISOs are played, what could be the problem? A reset has already been done but no changes, who knows what advice
More info is needed on how he or she is trying
to play ISOs..? Via M9702 USB 3.0 port? Do the ISO files atleast show up? Are they BD or UHD BD ISOs? Are they on an ext HDD?

More info is needed on how he or she is trying
to play ISOs..? Via M9702 USB 3.0 port? Do the ISO files atleast show up? Are they BD or UHD BD ISOs? Are they on an ext HDD?

ISOs from NAS, but the error was found, an incorrect network protocol was used. NAS set to SMB and now ISO are also available and can be selected.

Has anyone managed to use this to play files over network? Trying to get it to recognise my PC but it's not doing it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom