Quantcast

THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

BadSector81

Standard Member
There is no such error with new tsmuxer. Only problem for me: Additional SUP playing error on android - only first row is visible after that nothing. But OK with M7902.

Coulson

Coulson

I had a life time licence for the AnyDVD HD range of products that they refused to honour when red fox took the project over.
That makes sense. The free version works for me. If it didn't it would cost too much to have both Fab and CloneBD. If I knew that it worked so well I might have picked this up instead of Fab.

theaxledentaldj

CloneBD is Free as long as you dont transcode. I think its better than DVDFab. CloneBD works great on Dolby Vision UHD BD's. The new opensource tsmuxer is soo buggy and I dont trust it. Not going to waste my time to see if it remuxes out a main DV movie that works properly with Fast Forward speeds. CloneBD is the only s/w Ill use.

Coulson

I think it works out a little more expensive as well. But I'm glad I can save a few GBs plus remove menus. I only keep the ones where there are multiple versions of the same film on the disc.

Manni01

I think it works out a little more expensive as well. But I'm glad I can save a few GBs plus remove menus. I only keep the ones where there are multiple versions of the same film on the disc.
The main issue with not ripping the menus (apart from losing extras when you care about them) is that very often you don’t get the correct forced subs for the main movie. It’s super annoying when you watch a film in english and suddenly characters speak in a different language and you have no idea what they say. I used to remux with mkvs and that was a huge downside, as there is no way to detect the correct subs track for forced subs automatically. Doing it manually is too time consuming.
Make sure you get this right before remuxing all your discs... :)

Coulson

The main issue with not ripping the menus (apart from losing extras when you care about them) is that very often you don’t get the correct forced subs for the main movie. It’s super annoying when you watch a film in english and suddenly characters speak in a different language and you have no idea what they say. I used to remux with mkvs and that was a huge downside, as there is no way to detect the correct subs track for forced subs automatically. Doing it manually is too time consuming.
Make sure you get this right before remuxing all your discs... :)
Thanks. I noticed the option to have a default subtitle which I haven't used but I do include the English subtitles when ripping. Assuming this works, and if I have to switch subtitles manually, it's very easy to do so while watching the film with the m9702.

BadSector81

Standard Member
And when you use UHD not MKV format this M9702 plays forced rows when you turn off the subtitles. I mean when there is no separate forced subtitle only forced lines in the main subtitle. Sorry for my poor English:)

Coulson

And when you use UHD not MKV format this M9702 plays forced rows when you turn off the subtitles. I mean when there is no separate forced subtitle only forced lines in the main subtitle. Sorry for my poor English:)
Are you saying that because there is no separate forced subtitles you end up with turning on the full subtitles when you need them, but turning them off again afterwards when you don't need them?

Omartian

Novice Member
Anyone having issues where this player freezes upon playing files? It requires me to power off the unit and a few times the menus will revert to Chinese and lose my settings. After 2-3 power cycles, it'll play content again.

Hope this thing isnt crapping out on me after 5 months of work.

I contacted Rong and haven't heard back.

Vishwa Somayaji

Standard Member
It did revert to chinese menu for me within hours of getting it. However, after that it has been pretty good. No freezes that I can think of. I am also hoping it will last a while for the investment. Just a thought. If you have access to a different power supply try that. Generally, power supply is the cause of these freeze up. It happens even in a PC. So, if you can get a 12V 2A or higher power supply give that a try.

DaMacFunkin

Anyone having issues where this player freezes upon playing files? It requires me to power off the unit and a few times the menus will revert to Chinese and lose my settings. After 2-3 power cycles, it'll play content again.

Hope this thing isnt crapping out on me after 5 months of work.

I contacted Rong and haven't heard back.
I’ve already ordered a different power supply in advance of my machine arriving.

Vishwa Somayaji

Standard Member

Omartian

Novice Member
I'm looking for ferrite core 12v power supply on Amazon/eBay/Walmart and not having much luck here in US. Any links w/good reviews and us vendor would be much appreciated.

looun

the best and cheap PS for m97012 is original "Delta EADP-60", you can found easy used on ebay for ~20$/€

Taiwan's well-known Taiwanese Delta 12V5A advanced power supply set for audio and video equipment design , excellent materials can be used to give a more pure and stable power supply connector 5.5*2.1 & 2.5mm

Trending threads

Latest News

High End Munich 2020 Hi-Fi Show cancelled
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung leads global TV market for 14th straight year
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Apple wireless home cinema audio hinted by patent?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung and BT deliver UK’s first live 8K sports broadcast
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins confirms corporate changes
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Top Bottom