Quantcast

THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

looun

if you need M2TS for "test file" is another story...

don't lose your time, s08e03 it's very bad also in DV !

Last edited:

chros

if you need M2TS for "test file" is another story...
don't lose your time, s08e03 it's very bad also in DV !
It's not for test, you want to have just 1 ep.
And DV is way better than other versions :)

Coulson

Because some people don't want to convert to ISO!!!
M2TS file don't have information about audio track , subtitle and chapters.... i don't understand .
"Blu-ray menus" it's about 5% of BD space.
Dolby vision is "black box" nobody know how is work.
DVDFab obviously have some idea since they are the only ones with the tech to automatically create MP4 Dolby Vision rips.

looun

Last edited:

Coulson

i have tried one ... not work very well mine lg and m9702 playckback as HDR10 , a better way is mp4muxer
The mp4muxer way is a horrible manual process.
Dvdbab create also Single Layer Dolby Vision ,but is fake DV
Interesting. The reason I stopped using DV single layer was because I wanted lossless Atmos/DTSx. I've read some more and it's not as simple as DVDFab creating a fake DV profile. See next post.

Last edited:

Coulson

Dvdbab create also Single Layer Dolby Vision ,but is fake DV
I've read a bit more about this and DVDFab does not create the exact DV profile but it's also not just triggering the DV profile on the TV. What it does do results in a picture that is practically identical to a DV profile image. What you do loose is the 12 bit expanded colour which of course is dithered down to 10 bit. Therefore as long as you don't mind that it is not 100% DV compliant and the colour starts at 10bit. Plus you don't care about object oriented audio, then DVDFab is still the only way to get automatically generated Dolby Vision MP4 rips. Personally I will stick with the ISOs.

Omartian

Novice Member
I have exactly same issue with Da Vinci Code, Bourne Identity, The Arrival - smb works, nfs not
Anyone else having an issue with this?

having issues with Hobbs and Shaw DV folder file on nfs. plays fine via smb.

also, when i login to my smb servers, it occasionally asks me for user/pass. I put it in and I'm told it's invalid. if i back out a few steps and try again, it gives me access. Is this a weird bug or is there a way around it?

Lastly, certain video files are not seen on my server via nfs vs. smb. My 4k movie folder on smb shows up as 69 files, but on nfs, only 64. This particular folder is only mkv files. I've hit the little magnifying glass under the network screen to see if it refreshes, but it does not.

Last edited:

Manni01

Quick question about subs with the m9702: I usually rip my UHD Blurays to folders. Is there a way to add .srt subs to a BD folder so that they can be played? Or do I have to rip to .mkv and remux the subs for that title? Or can I use the subs from the bluray if I find a bluray with English subs? This is for the upcoming release of Parasite, that’s only available on UHD from France or Germany, without ENG subs. Thanks.

BadSector81

Standard Member
Dolby Vision - My way:

1. Demux DV video track with tsmuxer
2. Create mkv remux with makemkv
3. Add DV track and external subtitles (PGS) to mkv with MKVToolNix (Original video track is the first, DV tarck is the second). If you have to use delay on external tracks, use eac3to instead of mkvtoolnix or tsmuxer. Use only SUP (PGS) - you can create from SRT with Subtitle Edit (www.nikse.dk)
4. Create UHD folder with DVDFab's UHD Creator modul
5. Make a copy of DVDFab's UHD with CloneBD (Elaborate Bytes) - it can be UHD folder or ISO

The final version is playable with M9702 V3.

chros

Quick question about subs with the m9702: I usually rip my UHD Blurays to folders. Is there a way to add .srt subs to a BD folder so that they can be played?
Yes, it's easy: just copy the srt file beside of (!) the directory with the same name (like you do it with files), more info.

Coulson

Dolby Vision - My way:

3. Add DV track and external subtitles (PGS) to mkv with MKVToolNix (Original video track is the first, DV tarck is the second). If you have to use delay on external tracks, use eac3to instead of mkvtoolnix or tsmuxer. Use only SUP (PGS) - you can create from SRT with Subtitle Edit (www.nikse.dk)
5. Make a copy of DVDFab's UHD with CloneBD (Elaborate Bytes) - it can be UHD folder or ISO

Dolby Vision my way :)
1. Open DVDFab copy.
2. Select clone.
3. Add disc.
4. Press Start.

Coulson

Coulson

You van do that - main movie + DV - with CloneBD
Ok cool. I'm not running out of space yet but for most of my DV discs I don't want the menu. Nice one :)

Coulson

*deleted*

Last edited:

PapitaHD

Novice Member
Dolby Vision - My way:

Why is #5 necessary? Doesn't CloneBD do the same as DVDFab? When I look at the results in mediainfo they seem to be identical, the secondary DV-video track is there after doing #4 with DVDFab. Did you test it, and it really doesn't work using only DVDFab?

theaxledentaldj

DVDFab for Mac and Windows breaks the Dolby Vision Fast Forward speed at 2x or higher, its a known bug that DVDFab doesnt care to fix. Only used CloneBD to remux a Dolby Vision UHD 4K BD to the Main movie.

Coulson

Without #5 Android devices can't play the UHD. This way works when you want to add external tracks to the source.
Scratch what I've just said. It's now playing. But you only save around 10GB (so far) on files. Still great though :)

*edit* I've only done 3 so far. They take less than 1 hour each and I saved between7 and 12GB per file.

Last edited:

ulises31

Novice Member
Good evening, I would need your help. Has anyone compared the sound of the Oppo 203 to the M9702 please? The M7902 does not have analog inputs but it is possible to make a comparison in Optics and HDMI. A comparison in stereo using the analog inputs would be welcome connected to an HIfi amplifier and or to a home cinema amplifier and why not to a home cinema amplifier during a film in HDMI and optical and stereo. This is what makes me hesitate before buying the M9702. There is the new M9706 with toroidal but according to Tocinillo (responsible for the Spanish AVP), he did not find a veritable sound difference with the M9702 despite a toroidal, jitter, etc.) I would be grateful if people with Oppo 203 or 205 could tell us more about this sound comparison. Thank you

DaMacFunkin

DVDFab for Mac and Windows breaks the Dolby Vision Fast Forward speed at 2x or higher, its a known bug that DVDFab doesnt care to fix. Only used CloneBD to remux a Dolby Vision UHD 4K BD to the Main movie.
If DVDfab breaks this, can it be done with tsmuxer instead?
Refuse to use any red fox/ elaborate bytes software.

Trending threads

Latest News

High End Munich 2020 Hi-Fi Show cancelled
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung leads global TV market for 14th straight year
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Apple wireless home cinema audio hinted by patent?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung and BT deliver UK’s first live 8K sports broadcast
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins confirms corporate changes
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Top Bottom