Quantcast

THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

geffer

Everything is the same like on my OPPO, 1:1 cables, files, and setup. On OPPO everything is ok, on M9702 no, just HDR is avaiable. I play BDMV files full structure DV, from USB and SMB - OPPO no problem M9702 just HDR. Maybe cables, but i bought new one not cheapy one and still nothing.

Coulson

Hi everyone, I bought from Rong directly M9702 but DV is not working for me. I tried to play movies from SMB and USB, ISO or BDMV. Tried different cables HDMI but no changes. Also i swap my OPPO-203 to M9702 to try cable setup, but still no DV only HDR. I tried all settings, HDR AUTO, UHD custom, UHD Auto many many settings ...

Also tried factory reset but nothing happened.

Any help ?
You're mixing up two different settings here, one is HDR setting, the other is Custom resolution. You might also be adding to the confusion with Output Resolution as well. HDR can stay at auto. Until you sort things out, Output Resolution should also be set as auto.

Again, what TV do you have?

geffer

Coulson 2 TV;s : LG 65b7v and LG65C9
I also have OPPO UDP 203 and the same setup the same cables and Files are normally DV. I tried also to save settings from my OPPO to M9702 and clone read it succesfull but still no DV. I wrote to Rong to reply for my problem but maybe some of you might have the same problem. The Best thing is that everything was with clone ok, just today no DV anymore.

theaxledentaldj

Check your M9702 firmware, just looking for the obvious, it should have latest Rong firmware that has the Dolby Vision. Just incase rong goofed on old firmware...?
Should be: UDP20X-65-0131

Also, why didint you jailbreak you Oppo-203 unit?

geffer

Hmmm Maybe ... Can i download it from his site and upload to player ? Do i lose jailbreak ?
I dont wanna JB on OPPO cause I dont need it. M9702 was for my second TV because OPPO is out of stock - end of production and I needed some good player :)

Last edited:

Coulson

Hmmm Maybe ... Can i download it from his site and upload to player ? Do i lose jailbreak ?
I dont wanna JB on OPPO cause I dont need it. M9702 was for my second TV because OPPO is out of stock - end of production and I needed some good player :)
You could try changing the DV profile to TV led but that's probably not going to make any difference. As suggested above, check that you have the latest firmware.

geffer

That is the latest. Not sure what happened with DV. You may want to reset to factory and try again.
I tried maybe i will try tommorow once again ...

also when playing same file DV OPPO info say DV but clone only HDR ...really strange

FFF5F972-4BFD-45DC-9E9A-FC7A93856725.jpeg

AA8F6B34-8147-4F69-BEB9-028DDEB285B3.jpeg

Edit: tried factory reset again, power off from socket more than 10 min, configured everything and still no DV ... :(

Last edited:

Vishwa Somayaji

Standard Member
Hi geffer, if you have access to a 12V power supply, greater than 1A(possibly 2 or more) give that a try. I had a weird experience that doesn't sound scientific. I had two files that didn't play in DV that do now after changing the power supply. But, I didn't go back to the original power supply and try again. But, if you have access to one it will only take a few minutes. Just a suggestion.

geffer

Ok I found one 12v5a but nothing happened still no DV. Rong replied to me and told me to change once again cable but never had such kind of problem ...

Last edited:

chros

Ok I found one 12v5a but nothing happened still no DV. Rong replied to me and told me to change once again cable but never had such kind of problem ...
Is "HDMI Deep Color" enabled on the LG's for that HDMI input?

Vishwa Somayaji

Standard Member
I don't know what else it could be. I am new to this myself. I hope you get it resolved and if you, please update here so it will be useful for others.

DaMacFunkin

Finally pulled the trigger on one of these, I’m currently travelling and wading through it all on just an iPhone has been painful, if I think I managed it.
I previously owned the Oppo 203(day one) and had it jailbroken via Rond so I know how this works, although back when I sold the 203 it was a it buggy.
I previously had Pioneer LX-500 jailbreak from Rond as well so I know he is reliable.
How is it best to create Double layer DoVi with Atmos for this device, will it playback from m2ts or does it have to be bdmv folder?
Regards.

theaxledentaldj

Dolby Vission will playback in a BDMV or in ISO. I dont know why some users bother trying to alter DV file. This is an Oppo 203 clone, it was designed for full BD and UHD BD playback. Im taking full advantage of that.

DaMacFunkin

Dolby Vission will playback in a BDMV or in ISO. I dont know why some users bother trying to alter DV file. This is an Oppo 203 clone, it was designed for full BD and UHD BD playback. Im taking full advantage of that.
What about M2TS rip? Back when I had the Oppo 203 that was the way to get Atmos audio as it wasn’t supported in MKV back then.

theaxledentaldj

Dolby Vision will also work in a special mp4, but not with its lossless audio. An mkv will work with DolbyTrueHD Atmos, but you may run into that Oppo & mkv audio bug.

DaMacFunkin

I’m talking specific to this media player here, somebody must know if it plays DiVi and Atmos from M2TS, you can’t successfully mux TrueHD into a mp4, nothing recognises it.

chros

Dolby Vision will also work in a special mp4, but not with its lossless audio.
It's true, but it has a hard time such files: random judder, delayed audio, freezing, etc ...
So, ISO or BD backup/remux is the solution.

BizkitBoy

WHY ?!? ISO is more functional and practical
Because some people don't want to convert to ISO!!!
People who 'seed' their content on various sites will understand...

There are also people (like me) who don't give a damn about Blu-ray menus and would just prefer to delete everything apart from the main movie M2TS file...

I don't see why it's so hard to understand that not everybody wants to do things like you.
Instead of criticizing, maybe try to help instead, or just answer the guy's question.

looun

There are also people (like me) who don't give a damn about Blu-ray menus and would just prefer to delete everything apart from the main movie M2TS file...
M2TS file don't have information about audio track , subtitle and chapters.... i don't understand .
"Blu-ray menus" it's about 5% of BD space.

and the most important:
- oppo 203 is DB player in first ,so a logic playback a it's with full BD
- can you sure at 110% that dolby SDK not need other files over m2ts?
Dolby vision is "black box" nobody know how is work.

"my simple opinion"

Last edited:

chros

M2TS file don't have information about audio track , subtitle and chapters.... i don't understand .
"Blu-ray menus" it's about 5% of BD space.
This part is true but think of an UHD BD with TV show, e.g. GoT S08. The whole bluray is 3 x ~100GB , and you need just 1 episode, e.g. s08e03 that is ~30GB.
I guess remuxing it into BD folder with DVDFab is the only option.

Trending threads

Latest News

High End Munich 2020 Hi-Fi Show cancelled
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung leads global TV market for 14th straight year
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Apple wireless home cinema audio hinted by patent?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung and BT deliver UK’s first live 8K sports broadcast
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins confirms corporate changes
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Top Bottom