THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

rapjp

Novice Member
I'm in US. I only got one email asking to verify my address. He was panicky with exclamations and there was an earlier email in the first and only one I saw. It only took a few days after that so seems like a fair bit of the price is for expedited shipping.
Thanks for the quick response.
So if I understood your comment - he only contacted you because he wanted to verify your address right? And thereafter, you just got the device without any tracking info etc right?

The issue was that when you place the order (at least the way his link to Paypal works right now), it does not let you input your snail mail address. That made me panic, so I immediately responded back to the qq.com and his Rong email address with my receipt and address so that he knows my address.

I have yet to hear back. I placed it on Monday and today is only Wednesday so here's hoping he sends me something.

rapjp

Novice Member
I'm in US. I only got one email asking to verify my address. He was panicky with exclamations and there was an earlier email in the first and only one I saw. It only took a few days after that so seems like a fair bit of the price is for expedited shipping.
And one other question - What was the timeframe like from when you placed the order and when you got the device at your doorstep in the US?

theaxledentaldj

I recently placed the order for the device and had a quick question - Does this Rong guy(or whatever his real name is) respond back with confirmations that he got the payment? And does he send out any emails to let you know when he has shipped.

Right after I ordered, I sent him an email with a copy of my paypal receipt asking for confirmation that he did receive it and never heard back. Its been about 3 days so wondered.

Typically how long has it taken for folks to get the device in the US.

Thanks in advance.
Yeah his name is Rong. Hes a busy guy and has a language barrier. If you sent him an email for confirmation and when he shipped your unit, give him another 5 days before you
email him again. Theres a time difference where he is compared to USA. Write emails
in simple sentences. As long as your first email includes date and time you placed order and paid via paypal , and your shipping address, you should be fine. I ordered mine on May 6th 2019, got email tracking numbers on May 27, 2019 (waited for his new backlit remote controls to come in and be tested), and it arrived via DHL on May 30th.

Moe123

yes, I can control the M9702 with the Harmony, no problems

hlindstr

Regarding remote control codesets, which can be changed via setup. Do codeset 2 or 3 work with original Oppo RC? What happens if one accidently choosed back IR receiver? Oppo 20x have IR sensor in the back panel too!

EnglishJohn

I have been using emby as my front end via my ipad, all great except it doesnt appear to allow iso/folders to be played back aka for dolby vision. I can go in via the oppo and direct play them but as you can imagine that is not family friendly, more so the kids.

A. does anyone no if that can resolved (just me setting it up wrong?)
or
B. reccomend another piece of software like emby that can direct play iso or folders?

ps, i had no contact from Rong, it just appear after about 4 weeks, dont think the issues in Hong KOng are helping shipping.

pps, it just works and ive had no problems whats so ever.

Thanks

Omartian

Novice Member
Also having issues. I had a harmony one ir remote and had no issues, but now trying to setup my harmony hub and it won't turn on the device. Have it listed as a oppo 203 but it won't power on. I've taught the remote the power toggle button but still doesn't want to fire up.

mark238

Standard Member
Also having issues. I had a harmony one ir remote and had no issues, but now trying to setup my harmony hub and it won't turn on the device. Have it listed as a oppo 203 but it won't power on. I've taught the remote the power toggle button but still doesn't want to fire up.
I have the exact same issue, if the player is powered on I can control all features, but when the player is off I can’t power it on with the harmony. I’ll keep investigating!

mark238

Standard Member
@Moe123 I’m trying to add favourites to the media player, currently running an iPhone and as I understand this won’t work.

Managed to get my hands on an old nexus tab from my parents but I can’t find the media control app on the play store, downloaded it from another source but the latest version crashes as soon as you click the three dots to expand the options when playing a file.

Where did you get the app from, is it still available for you on the generic App Store? Maybe the version of Android this old tablet is running?

Apologies I’m not familiar in the slightest with Android based devices.

Thanks
Mark

mark238

Standard Member
Regarding remote control codesets, which can be changed via setup. Do codeset 2 or 3 work with original Oppo RC? What happens if one accidently choosed back IR receiver? Oppo 20x have IR sensor in the back panel too!
I haven’t tried the other two code sets as yet but will certainly give it a go. Not sure about switching from front to back I’m a little concerned about loosing control completely. Would hope the media app on the iPhone would still allow control even after switching. I need to test it in a methodical manner.

Omartian

Novice Member
I have the exact same issue, if the player is powered on I can control all features, but when the player is off I can’t power it on with the harmony. I’ll keep investigating!
Its weird, if you go into the app's sub menu, there are three power buttons: red, green, and clear. Assume this is off, on, and toggle, respectively. The red/green do nothing but the toggle works. Just need to have that input be the one used for the activity.

Omartian

Novice Member
I deleted the activity and started anew. Instead of "watch a movie" or "watch smart TV", I created a custom activity with my m9702, TV and receiver. It now works pretty well. Hope that helps.

hlindstr

I haven’t tried the other two code sets as yet but will certainly give it a go. Not sure about switching from front to back I’m a little concerned about loosing control completely. Would hope the media app on the iPhone would still allow control even after switching. I need to test it in a methodical manner.
I was asking because I have a spare Oppo remote, which I can use with M9702. However, I am also worried that changing M9702 codeset (or back IR, which in this device must be useless feature) may results you loosing the control. But now that you mentioned the App I'm quite sure you can enter setup also from there in case RC does not work anymore.

@Moe123 I’m trying to add favourites to the media player, currently running an iPhone and as I understand this won’t work.

Managed to get my hands on an old nexus tab from my parents but I can’t find the media control app on the play store, downloaded it from another source but the latest version crashes as soon as you click the three dots to expand the options when playing a file.

Where did you get the app from, is it still available for you on the generic App Store? Maybe the version of Android this old tablet is running?

Apologies I’m not familiar in the slightest with Android based devices.

Thanks
Mark
I think the Android app has been removed from Google Play from some reason. It is still available at Apple's App Store though. Maybe Oppo does not want to support it anymore? 🤔

However, you may still download Android apk file from Oppo site:

Edit: Latest version. See thread here:

Apparently missing Android app is just a temporary glitch.

Last edited:

looun

Hi, what is some specifications of this power suppy?
12V1.25A connector 5.5*2.1/2.5mm general

"Delta EADP-60" power suppy is very good cheap alternative.

NPoser

someone have tested BD usb player with original BD or burned BD-R(BDXL)?
You can connect the USB BD-ROM via telnet, but you can play unencrypted disks only, the original Blu-Ray discs will not play

haute

about shutdown problem: a smart workaround for power off firmware without open remote oppo app...
usin IP command "POW" (power) and widget for web link http

create a widget link into home screen of your smatphone with this link:

replace xxx with ip address of m9702 like: 192.168.1.14
The command only works if you open the oppo app at some point.
If you turn on the M9702 and do not open the oppo app at any time, the ip control does not work.
I think the firmware needs to know that at some point the app has been started, to activate the server and to be able to control it through IP commands.

looun

B. reccomend another piece of software like emby that can direct play iso or folders?
Qnap WITH DLNA Media Merver share BDMV and ISO ad "virtual" mpeg video, without any transconding, work very well but there is not any BD menu.

You can control jukebox with Qvideo , it's not nice and good as emby but it work.

theaxledentaldj

hi guys , also in bdmv folder there is the region problom?
i thoght its only on bluray disks
Ooh not so fast, its DVD region free, NOT 1080p Blu-ray Region A/B/C unlocked...

Ive only had 3 BD ISO movies that would not play because of Region locked. Avatar CE Disc 3, The Adventures of Tin Tin 3D.. I just remuxed the 3D iso and it played, and for the Avatar CE disc 3, I just wanted the 2 trailers so they were an easy remux. Seems the Oppo 203 firmware is set to Region A for 1080p Blu-rays. A big PIA to try Slyfox AnyHD to remove the region on my MacOS, but, should work on a Windows machine. Dont know why they didnt remove Blu-ray Region A/B/C from jailbreaking the firmware. Anyone else shed some light on this?
Not really a problem for me. I was able to use MacGo Bluray player to switch region and play that Avatar CE Disc 3.

Last edited:

hlindstr

I'm trying to understand what the shutdown issue is and how to avoid it. Unfortunately the Russian forum doesn't translate well
It is a matter of how to properly shut down the M9702. How the Chinese hackers implemented it is wrong. Using RC's power button will switch power off from main board and SoC without first running proper shutdown procedure (takes ~10s in original Oppo 20x player while it shutdowns the embedded Linux running the system). From point of view of SoC hitting remote's Power button is same thing as if you would unplug it from mains. This could cause problems or potential corruption to any attached USB hard drives or maybe SMB/NFS network shares. I don't know how severe the problem actually is because I assume player just connects as Read Only privileges. Probably not bad because there has not been any major complaints from users of this device. I mean if people would constantly have corrupted USB memory devices I assume there would have been many complaints around here.

One way to properly shut down M9702 is to use Oppo 20x App's (Android + iOS) remote control functionality. I tested Oppo 20x app (iOS) and if you use software remote control to power off the M9702 (red led stays on) any connected hard drives will properly unmount and spin automatically off. After this it is 100% safe to power off the M9702 using remote's Power button (red led turns off).

Last edited:

Trending threads

Latest news

Samsung applies for Q-Symphony trademark for TVs and soundbars
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Best Hi-Fi Products 2019 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Ed Selley
  • Published
McIntosh releases DA2 Digital Audio Module Upgrade Kit
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published