THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

Does anyone know where I could buy the latest version of the M9702 at all? Preferably from a UK seller?

Does anyone know where I could buy the latest version of the M9702 at all? Preferably from a UK seller?

I have one if you want it, will list in the classified to keep things per the rules. Was just about to pop onto eBay, I never ever use it!

Hi all the pics in the firmware are pngs and located in those files in /res folder:

image_bdp83.bin
image_kb.bin
image_mediacenter.bin
image_scrn_svr.bin
image_setup.bin

it is possible to extract them with this python script, fun fact it could be possible also to rebuild it as all are png and with a small patch in the firmware and the player exe to load alternative files and have kind of themes :)

Python:
import mmap
import os
import sys
import struct

if len(sys.argv) != 2 or not os.path.isfile(sys.argv[1]):
    print("usage : %s image_xxx.bin" % sys.argv[0])
    os._exit(1)

with open(sys.argv[1], "r+b") as f:
    mm = mmap.mmap(f.fileno(), 0)

num_img = struct.unpack("<L", mm[0:4])[0]
    print("num of images : %d" % num_img)

basename = os.path.splitext(sys.argv[1])[0]

for i in range(0, num_img):
        print("extracting image : %d" % (i + 1))
        header_offset = 4 + i * 20
        size_x, size_y, unknow_1, unknow_2, size, file_offset = struct.unpack("<HHIIII", mm[header_offset: header_offset + 20])
        print("\timage size : %dx%d" % (size_x, size_y))
        print("\tunknow 1 : 0x%x" % (unknow_1))
        print("\tunknow 2 : %d" % (unknow_2))
        print("\tfile size : 0x%x / %d" % (size, size))
        print("\tfile offset : 0x%x / %d" % (file_offset, file_offset))
        fname = "%s_%d.png" % (basename, i + 1)
        with open(fname, "wb") as dumpf:
            dumpf.write(mm[file_offset : file_offset + size])
        print("\tdumped in %s" % fname)

mm.close()
moremodey01
I have installed Python 3.9.0, please tell me how to get the original picture?
Thanks!

aaa.gif

Emby?
Over at AVPassion forum, mod stated:

"And when you see what we have achieved with Emby and Oppo (203, 205 and clones) you are going to love it. Stay tuned this weekend"

Emby?

"And when you see what we have achieved with Emby and Oppo (203, 205 and clones) you are going to love it. Stay tuned this weekend"

Eagerly awaiting that news.

Emby?

Hmmmm....I wont sell just yet then! lol!

moremodey01
I have installed Python 3.9.0, please tell me how to get the original picture?
Thanks!

View attachment 1386209
dunno must be a python shell issue, i never used it , just install the one in the command line (type python and you ll get a redirection to windows store), or install WSL (linux) and use that one.
alternatively install the normal python in c:\python39 .

then
cd D:\AutoScript\res
c:\python39\bin\python extract.py image_xxx.bin

but to use a repacked img_xxx you ll need a patched firmware , most peeps dont care so i didnt bother

Last edited:
dunno must be a python shell issue, i never used it , just install the one in the command line (type python and you ll get a redirection to windows store), or install WSL (linux) and use that one.
alternatively install the normal python in c:\python39 .

then
cd D:\AutoScript\res
c:\python39\bin\python extract.py image_xxx.bin
but to use a repacked img_xxx you ll need a patched firmware , most peeps dont care so i didnt bother
Thank you very much, I saw the original picture
If it can be repacked img, the background color and pattern can be changed.

image_mediacenter.gif

Hello,

I Am just after succesful jailbrake on my oppo udp 203 EU. Everything works fine, but I noticed that when i yem playing movie on blu-ray and then i unplug USB driver or hard disk The remote Control goes to limbo and i cannot do enything. The only button that's works is power button. So i have to turn off the player, then after rebutt everything works fine. This hapens only then when i AM Playing blu-ray/uhd, IT is normal thing or i do it something wrong ? Before jailbrake IT dosent hapened.

Last edited:
Hello,

I Am just after succesful jailbrake on my oppo udp 203 EU. Everything works fine, but I noticed that when i yem playing movie on blu-ray and then i unplug USB driver or hard disk The remote Control goes to limbo and i cannot do enything. The only button that's works is power button. So i have to turn off the player, then after rebutt everything works fine. This hapens only then when i AM Playing blu-ray/uhd, IT is normal thing or i do it something wrong ? Before jailbrake IT dosent hapened.
Have you tried a factory reset.

Just try once again factory reset and it is the same when i play blu-ray and unplug usb from player the remote control goes to limbo.

Just try once again factory reset and it is the same when i play blu-ray and unplug usb from player the remote control goes to limbo.
Yes! Same problem occurs
Why do you need to unplug the USB when playing Blu-ray?
Is it boring to watch a movie?

last night i started watching back to the future iso from NAS, after 5minutes it paused i had to rewind and hit play for the player to start and finished with no problems. Then i watched the sequel and played perfectly. I have noticed now and again when starting a new movie 5-10minutes can sometimes pause, anyone else had this issue?

Why do you need to unplug the USB when playing Blu-ray?

Sometimes when you watching movie external subtitles from usb dosen't match so you have to download new one and unplug usb. Now when you do that remote controle goes to limbo... When you watching a regular movie it is ok you can press stop and then unplug usb safly form main oppo menu, but when you are watching a TV Series you have to press stop by the end of each episode to load external subtitles. Little inconvenient for me but I can life with that. More person can confirm that issiue with oppo UDP203 UE player after jailbrake to be 100 % certainty that is not some kind of bug ?

Last edited:
Sometimes when you watching movie external subtitles from usb dosen't match so you have to download new one and unplug usb. Now when you do that remote controle goes to limbo... When you watching a regular movie it is ok you can press stop and then unplug usb safly form main oppo menu, but when you are watching a TV Series you have to press stop by the end of each episode to load external subtitles. Little inconvenient for me but I can life with that. More person can confirm that issiue with oppo UDP203 UE player after jailbrake to be 100 % certainty that is not some kind of bug ?
External subtitles have nothing to do with jailbreaking. The official version also cannot be unplugged during playback. This is basic common sense. You can use Android or other machines instead.

The official version also cannot be unplugged during playback.

Wrong, multiple times i was unplugging the usb with external subtitles while playing original blu-ray on official oppo and nothing happens, no limbo no nothing :p

Last edited:
Wrong, multiple times i was unplugging the usb with external subtitles while playing original blu-ray on official oppo and nothing happens, no limbo no nothing :p
I tried four jailbreak versions and the problem was the same
  1. 20xCN-60 requires activation
  2. 20xCN-65 requires activation
  3. 20xCN-65 free
  4. 20xRU-65 free

Only the official version that is not jailbroken can unplug the USB during playback, and the remote control will work.
No solution,You can only use the official version.

I tried four jailbreak versions and the problem was the same
  1. 20xCN-60 requires activation
  2. 20xCN-65 requires activation
  3. 20xCN-65 free
  4. 20xRU-65 free

Only the official version that is not jailbroken can unplug the USB during playback, and the remote control will work.
No solution,You can only use the official version.
Really? It does happen on the official version? Was it something introduced from the Russian Jailbreak? Because I think I get part of the hanging issue you guys are talking about, but its something I can live with and at most times avoid. For me, I think, my Oppo doesnt like my NFS share files moving around too fast, renaming, deleting, and such and when I go back into file tree listing it gets stuck on the spinning gears and if I cant go back to home screen, I just use the power button off my oppo remote and then power back on. Its fast. And it refreshes my AutoScript stuff so I can add anything I want to my Favorites. This is all trivial compared to my experiences from owning an M9702, Popcorn Hour A100, C-200, A300 and the A400.
Ive seen sometimes it doesnt always pickup the Favorites poster art. Or sometimes the AutoScript doesnt mount my NFS automatically. Its not often, but an easy refresh/reboot and Im good to go. Even more rare, I might be watching a Bluray ISO and for a couple of seconds the picture freezes and comes back. I just rewind to make sure its not a bad copy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom