THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

Wrathek

Novice Member
They are all there, nothing broken. Its my mega account. Let me know if you still can't gain access to mega. I also, offer free support. :-D
Yep. Worked perfectly, thanks to all the updates made so that it’s 1-shot straight from USB. Thanks for all the work from all those involved!

Wrathek

Novice Member
$799 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy out of line..
I agree, I saw the new prices and knew immediately I may as well just get a real 203 off of eBay, and here we are.

He’s gotten really bold now that he knows he truly has no competition. All the other similar devices just don’t stand a chance. Rong seems to actually have the full oppo SDK, somehow.

Kinda wish someone else did, we’d have hope of doing whatever the heck we wanted with it, like patching in support for DV mkv’s (assuming those don’t work, haven’t tested myself).

Although, looking at the listing, it seems he did indeed end up including a disc drive after all? I thought I recalled the folks over at AVP saying he was pushing that out to next year... interesting.

Last edited:

Cconklin1

yeah, i picked up a 203 from AVS for $925 shipped to me that had a dented top cover but came with the rackmount kit. Bought a replacement cover from Oppo direct for $30 shipped and then sold the rackmount kit for $150! with the help of theaxledentaldj I am up and running on Russian firmware!

Wrathek

Novice Member
yeah, i picked up a 203 from AVS for $925 shipped to me that had a dented top cover but came with the rackmount kit. Bought a replacement cover from Oppo direct for $30 shipped and then sold the rackmount kit for $150! with the help of theaxledentaldj I am up and running on Russian firmware!
Ahh.. so you’re the one who bought that out from under me lol

moremodey01

I agree, I saw the new prices and knew immediately I may as well just get a real 203 off of eBay, and here we are.

He’s gotten really bold now that he knows he truly has no competition. All the other similar devices just don’t stand a chance. Rong seems to actually have the full oppo SDK, somehow.

Kinda wish someone else did, we’d have hope of doing whatever the heck we wanted with it, like patching in support for DV mkv’s (assuming those don’t work, haven’t tested myself).

Although, looking at the listing, it seems he did indeed end up including a disc drive after all? I thought I recalled the folks over at AVP saying he was pushing that out to next year... interesting.
This rong team doest have the oppo sdk and i dont think there is one, at best they have the mtk soc SDK / datasheet. The jailbreak functions ares done by adding code inside the binary.

haute

All oppo / cambridge firmwares that Rong has used are provided by Russian programmers.
Rong buys the software and hardware and then assembles and sells it.

theaxledentaldj

Used mkvtoolnix to make the mkv file but when I get my new m9201 it won't play the mkv ? Will have to repack as a .TS ? Curently shows in media info two files for video stream
Last I heard, its in a mp4 container but you wont get lossless audio to work so why bother with this method? Just use full UHD BD ISOs.

Does any of you know of a program than can remove Prohibited User Operations on BDMV filestructures? Before I make .ISO of all my folders I would like that.

martynhull

Last I heard, its in a mp4 container but you wont get lossless audio to work so why bother with this method? Just use full UHD BD ISOs.
Storage ?? I do prefer the menu but backing up all the discs I buy 😏takes up more space any one else shed any light ?? Sure read somewhere min .TS working

theaxledentaldj

Does any of you know of a program than can remove Prohibited User Operations on BDMV filestructures? Before I make .ISO of all my folders I would like that.
I know of maybe two Apps that are supposed
to remove Prohibitive Operations,
Last I tried them, they didnt work for me.
Both are windows Apps. AnyDVDHD is supposed to have that feature.

BDEdit or was it Avchd app, by the guy he made Multiman. Ill look and update this post with more info.

Last edited:

looun

Used mkvtoolnix to make the mkv file but when I get my new m9201 it won't play the mkv ? Will have to repack as a .TS ? Curently shows in media info two files for video stream
Dolby SDK NOT support mkv,m9201 can not playback this container never.

Storage ?? I do prefer the menu but backing up all the discs I buy 😏takes up more space any one else shed any light ?? Sure read somewhere min .TS working
.TS is a experiment , MEL DV not work.
If you want playback DV film you must have DBMV o ISO, end.

theaxledentaldj

You could Remux to the main movie to which I do most of the time and I only pick the audio track/s and subs that I want. If its a Dolby Vision title, I use CloneBD. Yes, having full BDs takes up lots of HDD space, but spend the money when one goes on sale for a 12TB HDD for $175 bucks. Eventually Ill invest in a NAS.
On that note, Anyone here whos on MacOS Catalina and has a Synology NAS and use NFS with thier Oppo 203? Let me know if its working?

Yes, bye bye High Sierra. I installed 10.15.7 recently.

boy27

hi guys , can i use emby app on tablet or iphone and stream to the m9702 ?
if yes the encoding will be from the m9702 ? i mean i will get the best resoltion from the 9702

the reason i want it becuse of media wall that emby have
tanks for the help

chros

. TS is a experiment , MEL DV not work.
It does work recently (for 1-2 weeks), I just watched 2 of them, both FEL to MEL converted:
- profile 7 single track double layer (BL + EL + RPU)
- profile 8.1 single track single layer (BL + RPU), similar to profile 5.

But of course the full UHDBD is the best.

theaxledentaldj

It does work recently (for 1-2 weeks), I just watched 2 of them, both FEL to MEL converted:

Don't you loose the smooth fast forward and rewind and chapters in this a TS container?

martynhull

Thought I read recently it was a go

chros

Don't you loose the smooth fast forward and rewind and chapters in this a TS container?
Fast forward works, but no chapters obviously, so it's a pain to seek to the middle of the title, it's like using the old video cassettes :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 2nd December 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Klipsch announces four Cinema soundbars for UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Elipson adds Connect 250 streaming amp to Connected range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus Audio announces XR series Hi-Fi products
  • By Andy Bassett