THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

Thank you for the re-upload! I think I know why it won't work with the UDP20X.bin file alone.

The AutoScript in the original archive is replacing the MAIN20X.bin file in the official firmware package with the jailbroken MAIN20X.bin file. But, I'm not sure if it can be done manually by a file archive program or if it has to be done through the AutoScript method said in the manual.
Well... How I did it, was by following the included pdf instructions for an USA Oppo that had the latest official firmware already installed on it.I dont remember if I just coppied the UDP20X.bin file on to my flash drive.
I do know, it updated it and I could see in the settings GUI the changed firmware with the CN on it. Then I powered off and added the Activatiom file to my flash drive and then turned on the Oppo, and saw the Volume bar pop up on the home screen and that Activation file activated my JB features for this CN firmware.

I did state in my post, that this new method that I offered was not tested and might night work.

But, I'm not sure if it can be done manually by a file archive program or if it has to be done through the AutoScript method said in the manual.
The new upload makes more sense. As in my post above I wrote how you can open the UDP20X.bin because it's just a tar-ball. But you will not be able to replace the MAIN20X.bin inside since you are not able to generate the matching .sign file.

What I think is happening is that you insert the USB. It will trigger a regular update where UDP20X.bin is validated to be OK. The UDP20X.bin is extracted and the files validated against their signatures. Then you have to wait because after 50 seconds - while waiting for you to press 'OK to Upgrade' The autoscript is secretly replacing the MAIN20X.bin included. You press OK, and it will upgrade the player with the new MAIN20X.bin.
This must be a loophole in the upgrade procedure that the jailbreakers have found to pass signature check.
After that I think we can use the previous download which replaces the 'bdpprog' but with no need for the normal firmware.

Basically – by using a regular firmware you are cheating the player to upgrade and then you replace your upgrade file with a different one.

Last edited:
The new upload makes more sense. As in my post above I wrote how you can open the UDP20X.bin because it's just a tar-ball. But you will not be able to replace the MAIN20X.bin inside since you are not able to generate the matching .sign file.

What I think is happening is that you insert the USB. It will trigger a regular update where UDP20X.bin is validated to be OK. Then you have to wait because after 50 seconds - while waiting for you to press 'OK to Upgrade' The autoscript is secretly replacing the MAIN20X.bin included. You press OK, and it will upgrade the player with the new MAIN20X.bin.
This must be a loophole in the upgrade procedure that the jailbreakers have found to pass signature check.
After that I think we can use the previous download which replaces the 'bdpprog' but with no need for the normal firmware.

Basically – by using a regular firmware you are cheating the player to upgrade and then you replace your upgrade file with a different one.

Nice discovery. Thanks. Ive asked moremodey1 about this. So, did you try it again and did it work this time?

Ok I tried the manual's method and I now have the jail broken RU firmware installed successfully. You were right about the .bin switching after 50 secs Thomas. Basically, with the files from the axledentaldj's re-upload, as soon as you plug the usb in, the disk drive opens and you have 50 secs to get to the firmware upgrade prompt. Then, the disk drive closes after 50 secs, meaning the switch script was successful.

As a side note, it was strange how the AutoScripts that I tried previously running on the stock firmware were stored in memory, so the change RU/change wallpaper scripts ran automatically after installing the jail broken firmware.

Ok I tried the manual's method and I now have the jail broken RU firmware installed successfully.
Did you run the Autoscript which which replaces the 'bdpprog' after installing the jailbreak?

Last edited:
Did you run the Autoscript which which replaces the 'bdpprog' after installing the jailbreak?

No, for some reason, I didn't have to because it ran automatically after installing the jail broken firmware. I'm guessing it was sitting in the player's memory from my previous attempts to use AutoScripts. I only had files from theaxledentaldj's re-upload in my usb.

No, for some reason, I didn't have to because it ran automatically after installing the jail broken firmware.
Hmmm, I'm a bit unsure of what you exactly did.... Could you make either a backup of the USB you used or just a directory listing of the files on it?

Last edited:
Hmmm, I'm a bit unsure of what you exactly did.... Could you make either a backup of the USB you used or just a directory listing of the files on it?

I had everything except the manual folder in the re-uploaded USA.rar archive on the usb.

/AutoScript/AutoScript.TSS
/AutoScript/p.sh
/MAIN20X.bin
/UDP20X.bin

I am just saying that for me, the autoscripts were probably queued in memory from my first failed jailbreak/autoscript attempt and got executed once the jail broken firmware was successfully installed.

Normally, you would have load the change to RU autoscript or any other autoscript.

Last edited:
I had everything except the manual folder in the re-uploaded USA.rar archive on the usb.

/AutoScript/AutoScript.TSS
/AutoScript/p.sh
/MAIN20X.bin
/UDP20X.bin

I am just saying that for me, the autoscripts were probably queued in memory from my first jailbreak/autoscript attempt and got executed once the jail broken firmware was successfully installed.

Normally, you would have load the change to RU autoscript or any other autoscript.
Have you tested that it is actually jailbreaked?

I wrote earlier in this forum thread about a non-working telnet and autoscript. This was due to the flash drive on which the autoscript files were recorded. Replacing the flash drive solved the problem, but not completely.
The line in the autoscript for mounting the path to shared network folders does not work.
Code:
CLI(CLI_exec mount -o nolock,proto=udp 192.168.1.142:/volume1/kino mnt/sda1/Video)
It is possible to execute this command only via telnet.
Code:
mkdir -p  /mnt/sda1/Video
ls -al /mnt/sda1/Video mount -o nolock,proto=udp 192.168.1.43:/volume1/kino mnt/sda1/Video
The shared folder kino is located on NAS Sinology in the volume 1 section.
I tried many autoscripts from this forum thread, nothing helped me.

I am just saying that for me, the autoscripts were probably queued in memory from my first jailbreak/autoscript
I would rather think that 'bdpprog' that was copied on your first attempt still was there. Something prevented it from being overwritten when you ran second time.

I wonder if one just swapped out that MAIN20X.bin in my USA.zip with moremodey1
Russian MAIN20X.bin, would the trick work better for this Oppo-203 firmware update?
This is exactly what I have in my mind. Replace the MAIN20X.bin with the one from
OPPO203-and_Clones_FREE_JAILBREAK_OPPO65-0131_Noactivation-needed RU_CN_V1.0

Yes, I am no longer getting Cinavia audio blocking on the same movie I tested before (Arrival UHD bdmv).
Could you test what happens if you put in a USB with a regular firmware. You don't have to upgrade it, so do not press YES. I'm just curious if it finds a firmware upgrade or if it says that there wasn't a valid one...

Could you test what happens if you put in a USB with a regular firmware. You don't have to upgrade it, so do not press YES. I'm just curious if it finds a firmware upgrade or if it says that there wasn't a valid one...

Ok, I just tried and it was not able to find a firmware upgrade from the UDP20X.bin I put in the usb.

Ok, I found the official RU firmware here: OPPO UDP-203

And for the test, yes, it does allow me to install the official RU firmware.
Thanks, I now have an idea of how to adopt this method to any Oppo player region and how to create an upgrade that can revert back to stock firmware... I have an EU version.
Will look into it later...

Last edited:
Wow, it worked. I managed to jailbreak my Oppo UDP205EU using USB method. It's now running RU and I tried playing an ISO. Thanks for all who contributed....
IMG_7524_2.jpg

Awesome, so, what were the steps?
Well, basically it’s your latest upload. But instead of using an original US firmware I replaced it with an original EU firmware. I then used the jailbreak firmware file MAIN20XCN_RU.bin from OPPO203-and_Clones_FREE_JAILBREAK_OPPO65-0131_Noactivation-needed RU_CN_V1.0 download but I named it MAIN20XEU.bin, because that is the name an original EU firmware expects it to be called. And lastly, I changed MAIN20X.bin to MAIN20XEU.bin in the p.sh script in the AutoScript folder.
I then followed installation as mentioned in the pdf manual.
So, as I already posted earlier this method is using a loophole in the firmware upgrading process. The disc tray open/close trick is used to tell you when the AutoScript has replaced the MAIN20X.bin.
The combination of using an original firmware and an AutoScript that replaces the MAIN20X.bin file can be used to load any firmware.
With this method you can most likely revert to an original non jailbreak firmware on an Oppo. Change your Oppo from an US version to an EU version. You can downgrade to an earlier firmware version if that’s what you want.

Last edited:
Well, basically it’s your latest upload. But instead of using an original US firmware I replaced it with an original EU firmware. I the used the jailbreak firmware file MAIN20XCN_RU.bin from OPPO203-and_Clones_FREE_JAILBREAK_OPPO65-0131_Noactivation-needed RU_CN_V1.0 download but I named it MAIN20XEU.bin, because that is the name an original EU firmware expects it to be called. And lastly, I changed MAIN20X.bin to MAIN20XEU.bin in the p.sh script in the AutoScript folder.
I then followed installation as mentioned in the pdf manual.
So, as I already posted earlier this method is using a loophole in the firmware upgrading process. The disc tray open/close trick is used to tell you when the AutoScript has replaced the MAIN20X.bin.
The combination of using an original firmware and an AutoScript that replaces the MAIN20X.bin file can be used to load any firmware.
With this method you can most likely revert to an original non jailbreak firmware on an Oppo. Change your Oppo from an US version to an EU version. You can downgrade to an earlier firmware version if that’s what you want.
Ahh, I figured thats how you did it, changing the MAIN20X.bin with moremodey1 MAIN20X_RU.bin Russian version. Nice! I guess I could update my USA.zip to include the MAIN20X_RU.bin, then you wouldn't have to run a 2nd separate AutoScript to change CN to RU?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom