THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

M9702

I think I've read on the spanish forum that the seller gives 1y support. If you have a damaged device you need to send it back and after he confirms the failure he will send you a new one.

I think that is good enough for me.

Ok now something else. I know the answer is probably here but the thread is just way too long.
Can anybody from own experience tell me why should I NOT buying it ?
I really need it mainly just for playing UHD remuxes with dolby vision and HDaudio from iso or bdmw folders. Tv is LG C7.
Are you guys experiencing any freezes, audio dropouts, frame glitches, lipsync problems and other things like that ?

Thanks
No problem with mine, it's actually a much better picture than what I used before, an Nvidia Shield. And I don't even have any display capable of Dolby Vision.

I only have 2 rips that can't be read, but it could be some kind of playlist obfuscation issue, since they're both Lionsgate titles. I'll have to keep the main movie and remux it to MKV.

The only thing I really miss is a movie wall with movie script summaries, other than that, this player is excellent, and I imagine even more so if you have Dolby Vision.

looun

Ok, Ill tell ya not to buy it. Just get the full on real deal Oppo UDP-203.
Because, the M9702 v3 dont have:
1. 2nd USB 3.0 port
2. No VFD Display
3. No BD-ROM drive
4. No Wifi
5. No CEC (missing certain chipset)
6. Comes with crippled firmware
7. No Oppo Remote control..hehe
8. No HDMI IN
9. No Coaxial output

Did I missing anything..? 😁
- 2nd USB 3.0 port an be add
- CEC work
- Coaxial output can be add very simple

only jailbreak for oppo 203 cost 199€/$ , M9702 cost 280€ ..... so why?

Oppo UDP-203 now cost 1300-1500 €/$ used +199€ jailbreak ..... so why?

Panasonic DP-UB820 for BD-ROM drive cost only 300-400€ ...so why?

McZuzlak

Standard Member
These are the only things that effect me from the list.

What do you mean with crippled firmware?
If I buy a new one do I have to update it ? I assumed I get the latest one and the jailbreak is in the price included.

Isn't this the case here ?

CaroleBaskin

Oppo 203 remote works just fine with the M9702 if that's your bag.

looun

You can install the free jailbreak that moremodey1 via TTL-USB with Mtktool for the Oppo 203 firmware update.
i don't think , jailbreak need MAC address's Oppo 203
What I mean by crippled firmware from Rong is that it doesnt include Autoscript. Thats all.
it's crippled firmware for missing "big poster" , really ?!?

Thumbnails work very well , no thank's.
If you want nice jukebox buy a shiled or new ziddo Z9X.

Last edited:

boy27

Standard Member
hello ,
i have the m9702 v3 .. is it worth to update the latest firmware that publishd few days ago ...?
what is the advance of the autoscript ?

M9702

i don't think , jailbreak need MAC address's Oppo 203

it's crippled firmware for missing "big poster" , really ?!?

Thumbnails work very well , no thank's.
If you want nice jukebox buy a shiled or new ziddo Z9X.
moremodey01's firmware doesn't need a MAC address. It doesn't even need an activation step.

As for the Shield, it's ok if you don't want neither blu-ray nor uhd blu-ray menus, if you do, you're completely SOL. I read the blu-ray menus compatibility on Zidoo isn't to the level of a Dune nor this clone either.

For me, there's only two valid options : the latest 2 Dune players or this clone.

spotter

It's not quite true that there isn't menus on the shield. There aren't "java" menus on the shield, because no one has a jvm for running within android. hdmv menus should work fine. solve that jvm problem, and boom you will have menus on the shield in any libbluray player (example: kodi or vlc). I've looked into getting phoneme to run before, but never really had the time to dive into it.

CaroleBaskin

Dolby Vision MKV with Atmos TrueHD is now possible on the Shield, but for me the M9702 trumps any Android TV solution using DV. Complete ISO support with disc menus makes it far more of a complete experience. The picture quality is noticeably better on the M9702 over the Shield devices, including the 2019 Pro with AI upscaling.

spotter

no one really knows if the shield is doing proper dual pid decoding. i.e. the streaming apps are single pid, not dual pid so there's no reason that the dv decoder needs to handle dual pid.

M9702

It's not quite true that there isn't menus on the shield. There aren't "java" menus on the shield, because no one has a jvm for running within android. hdmv menus should work fine. solve that jvm problem, and boom you will have menus on the shield in any libbluray player (example: kodi or vlc). I've looked into getting phoneme to run before, but never really had the time to dive into it.
I've been waiting for that JVM on Android in order to get menus since it came out years ago. Let me know when you figure it out, but I won't be holding my breath, a lot of skilled people have been looking into it and gave up, so it must not be as trivial as you make it sound. I sure can't wait for your solution to prove me wrong.

As for non java menus, it's like 10% of my library at best. I know I'm probably in the minority wanting menus on both blu-ray and uhd blu-ray, but for me it's a must-have feature, much more important than a movie wall even.

looun

moremodey01's firmware doesn't need a MAC address. It doesn't even need an activation step.
Yes we removed that need , u dont need to pay for any jailbreak anymore since last week and AutoScript is enabled
about WHAT'S?
M9702m is ALREADY jailbreak .
I talk about official oppo 203.
they have test firmware with official oppo 203 ?!?

and also is OUT-OF-TOPIC.

Dolby Vision MKV with Atmos TrueHD is now possible on the Shield, but for me the M9702 trumps any Android TV solution using DV. Complete ISO support with disc menus makes it far more of a complete experience. The picture quality is noticeably better on the M9702 over the Shield devices, including the 2019 Pro with AI upscaling.
i know and with .Ts not mkv with beta exoplayer.

i talk about is ridiculous define "crippled firmware" for missing a complex setting for "big poster" (favorite nemu) .

If you want a jukebox , buy a other player.

Sorry for the noob question but why do I need even a Jailbreak ? And isn't this already included when I buy a new one now ?
yes, M9702 have Jailbreak and not need any firmware update.

@theaxledentaldj make a big confusion!

kazama

Ok, Ill tell ya not to buy it. Just get the full on real deal Oppo UDP-203.
Because, the M9702 v3 dont have:
1. 2nd USB 3.0 port
2. No VFD Display
3. No BD-ROM drive
4. No Wifi
7. No Oppo Remote control..hehe
8. No HDMI IN
9. No Coaxial output

Did I missing anything..? 😁
funny, nothing of these points are relevant to me. i can almost assure you that there never will be a player that plays full bluray menu's, double layer DV + Atmos audio like this.

if there will be one in the future with support? you pay €600+

moremodey01

about WHAT'S?
M9702m is ALREADY jailbreak .
I talk about official oppo 203.
they have test firmware with official oppo 203 ?!?

and also is OUT-OF-TOPIC.

i know and with .Ts not mkv with beta exoplayer.

i talk about is ridiculous define "crippled firmware" for missing a complex setting for "big poster" (favorite nemu) .

If you want a jukebox , buy a other player.

yes, M9702 have Jailbreak and not need any firmware update.

@theaxledentaldj make a big confusion!
You are the one making confusion to everybody here, an activation free firmware has been released on this forum for oppo 203 and m9702. It also activates AutoScript that allow root access/command line execution so it is usefull for m9702 as well as that feature was disabled on shipped firmware.

it is all explained in the 20 last post of this thread.

moremodey01

funny, nothing of these points are relevant to me. i can almost assure you that there never will be a player that plays full bluray menu's, double layer DV + Atmos audio like this.

if there will be one in the future with support? you pay €600+
Double layer video track required by DV is being implemented in latest mkv format, all teams are updating their tools atm (mkvtoolnix, ...) so i guess DV + Atmos in mkv container will roll out in a few month (weeks ?) and being possible on other player

Still true for bluray menu :(, the vlc libbluray open source alternative lacks still a lot regarding bdj :(

kazama

Double layer video track required by DV is being implemented in latest mkv format, all teams are updating their tools atm (mkvtoolnix, ...) so i guess DV + Atmos in mkv container will roll out in a few month (weeks ?) and being possible on other player

Still true for bluray menu :(, the vlc libbluray open source alternative lacks still a lot regarding bdj :(
yeah, with a big question mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020

Trending threads

Latest News

McIntosh and Sonus faber unite under Fine Sounds Distribution in UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JBL launches 4349 Studio Monitor
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG Display next generation OLEDs showcased at SID 2020