THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

snewton

@snewton im using a vero4k+ too and the PQ of the m9702 compared to it is really noticeable, especially if your AVR doesnt support upscaling .
@moremodey01 I have a denon 4500 so no problem with upscaling my query was more to do with hdr10+ as as far I am aware its not possible through my receiver
I would be interested in joining the group to do a multi buy if anyone could point me in the right direction

theaxledentaldj

@moremodey01 I have a denon 4500 so no problem with upscaling my query was more to do with hdr10+ as as far I am aware its not possible through my receiver
I would be interested in joining the group to do a multi buy if anyone could point me in the right direction
The avpassion forum you might be able to partake in a group buy...?

I might be selling mine soon, but to USA location only. Im waiting on a few things.
Waiting on a new Oppo-203 remote to arrive and HDMI cable. Tryin to test AutoScript too. Ill be puttin the info in the right forum. Just a heads up.

Jackass

Does this mean we will see a free RU version for the masses for the M9702? ;)

If you and everyone can wait, I may have some info on a possible option. I have removed my Oppo firmware downloads url.
Once my Oppo UDP-203 unit has the purchased Russian Jailbreak, I have further plans..

theaxledentaldj

Did you guys know that there is an Autoscript
to rip SACD from the BD-ROM drive on the Oppo-203?!

Obviously, you have to have this feature working. ( SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true! )

I wonder what other things you could do?
I wish it was easy though and did Blu-rays.

Besides the one function Im after, Ive learned
it just makes a short-cut of your Network Shares on a USB Attatched Flash drive, fools the firmware that your movies are on a hard drive so you dont have to keep going to the "Network" section of the home screen, brows for shared IP for your network shares and load up your movies. This short-cut allows you to make favorites to all your network shares.
But its difficult to make the custom autoscript
for your personal networked shares that you
have.

Just need a tool for MacOS or Windows to make them easier.🙄🤔

haute

Creating the script is not difficult, you use a generic script and you only have to change the IP, username and password if you use Samba. If you use nfs, User and pass is not necessary.
You also have to change the path of the Nas folders and your pendrive.

theaxledentaldj

Creating the script is not difficult, you use a generic script and you only have to change the IP, username and password if you use Samba. If you use nfs, User and pass is not necessary.
You also have to change the path of the Nas folders and your pendrive.
Well, scriptin is kinda new to me so, alot of trial and error, Im sure Ill figure it out.
Im a Mac user, I use NFS shares via NFS Manager App. No passwords or user log in used.

theaxledentaldj

So, about 2-3 days tinkering with AutoScripts.
So finicky it is. I got my NFS shares to auto mount like a short cut from the home screen->Movies section. Couldn't figure out why when I remove one of the CLI, one of the good CLI would stop working. I had to leave all 3 CLI share Autoscripts in the Autoscripts. Weird.
Whats picky too is the Oppo unit needs to power off first fully on each insert/re-insertion of the Flash Drive with the Autoscript on it and stuff.

Take a look: 11 KB folder on MEGA

I still don't get the option while playing a Bluray ISO this way with the "Add to Favorites". Weird.
Here's what my Autoscript looks like and I can Telnet into my Oppo. If it wont let you its not gonna work.

#MTKAT 0.xx script

CLI(CLI_exec echo root::0:0:root,,,:/root:/bin/sh >/etc/passwd)
CLI(CLI_exec /usr/sbin/inetd &)
SLEEPMS(1000)
CLI(CLI_exec /usr/sbin/telnetd &)
# CLI(CLI_app.vfdmg.b scroll_msg start)
CLI(CLI_exec mount -o nolock,proto=udp 192.168.0.0:/Volumes/3 mnt/sda1/Video)
CLI(CLI_exec mount -o nolock,proto=udp 192.168.0.0:/Volumes/4 mnt/sda1/Movies4)
CLI(CLI_exec mount -o nolock,proto=udp 192.168.0.0:/Volumes/3 mnt/sda1/Movies3)
# CLI(CLI_app.vfdmg.b clear_msg)
CLI(CLI_exec mount > /mnt/sda1/mount.txt)

_______
Obviously that IP is not the correct one that I use. /Video works for Volume/3 HDD, and Movies4 works for Volume 4 HDD, but if I take out Movies3 line, Movies 4 stops working. Weird.

The SACD Autoscript only maybe works with the right MediaTek Soc version number and or BD player.

Shocking working attempt video: 29.03 MB file on MEGA

theaxledentaldj

Great work!
So you are just putting those four folders onto USB stick (formatted Fat32?) and inserting into the side of the M9702?

The IP address is the device/PC where your drives are connected to?
Are your folder shares on the PC named the same? Video, Movies3, Movies4?
The flash drive is fat32, it has those 4 folders on its root. Moves3, Movies4, are the new short cut names, they are not the same on my actual hdds. Kinda like a lable.
I havent tested this yet in my M9702.
I tested this on my Oppo 203, but
I will test this on my M9792 to see if Autoscripts is really disabled on it or not.

My Oppo UDP-203 is on a China Jailbroken firmware UDP20CN- 65-0131, that has Autoscripts enabled.

Last edited:

theaxledentaldj

Hmmm would that firmware work on my M9702?
Im pretty sure it would, but its the purchashed
version so that means that the Activation key file has to be purchased. Moe purchased the Russian version for his M9702 and paid for the Activation key file. Id hold out if you can.
Im hoping for another solution. Honestly, I think Moes purchased Russian firmware is
the only one that they have somehow modified the firmware to allow "Add to Favorites" for BDMV and ISO's via Autoscript for Network shares.

haute

I think that any firmware with autoscript activated, using the script that you have used before, allows you to add Iso and bdmw to your favorite videos.
When you are on a video, press the option button and tell it to add to favorites.
The video will be added to the favorites folder.

theaxledentaldj

I think that any firmware with autoscript activated, using the script that you have used before, allows you to add Iso and bdmw to your favorite videos.
When you are on a video, press the option button and tell it to add to favorites.
The video will be added to the favorites folder.
I tried that. That option did not show up.
weird, but Ill re try later today.

Turtlerunner

Novice Member
I am close to buying the m9702 v3. I live in Bangkok Thailand. Today I went around the malls none were for sale so I will have to buy online from China. For me it is not a small amount of money but seems the best option for now and the future I hope. My only worry is parts replacements. Has anyone had to replace a part?

theaxledentaldj

I am close to buying the m9702 v3. I live in Bangkok Thailand. Today I went around the malls none were for sale so I will have to buy online from China. For me it is not a small amount of money but seems the best option for now and the future I hope. My only worry is parts replacements. Has anyone had to replace a part?
Parts replacements..? If you buy from Rongs website, you'll have to supply your country PSU and an HDMI cable. I don't think anything inside is replaceable. Rong, I think is giving a 1 year warranty if group purchased from avpassion forum members.

On another subject. Comparisions between my M9702 v2 VS Oppo-UDP 203, CEC DOES work on my Oppo-UDP-203. Nice to see what this feature is all about.

Yet, "Add to Favorites" isn't work for BDMV and BD ISO on the Oppo-UPP-203. Maybe it doesn't like my setup and or NFS Sharing via Mac and or the Autoscripting..

I got all the shares that I wanted working plus a duplicate.

#MTKAT 0.xx script

SLEEPMS(1000)
CLI(CLI_exec mount -o nolock,proto=udp 192.168.0.0:/Volumes/3 mnt/sda1/Video)
CLI(CLI_exec mount -o nolock,proto=udp 192.168.0.0:/Volumes/4 mnt/sda1/Movies4)
CLI(CLI_exec mount -o nolock,proto=udp 192.168.0.0:/Volumes/3 mnt/sda1/Movies3)
CLI(CLI_exec mount -o nolock,proto=udp 192.168.0.0:/Users/darrensolomon/Downloads/ mnt/sda1/Downloads)

-----------------
Moe123 does his differently:
#MTKAT 0.xx script

SLEEPMS(1000)
CLI(CLI_exec mount.cifs //192.168.0.0/Admin mnt/sda1/Admin -o user=****,password=****,ro)
CLI(CLI_exec mount.cifs //192.168.0.0/intenso mnt/sda1/Intenso -o user=****,password=****,ro)
CLI(CLI_exec mount.cifs //192.168.0.0/Seagate_Backup_Plus_Drive mnt/sda1/Seagate -o user=****,password=****,ro)
CLI(CLI_exec mount.cifs //192.168.0.0/My_Book_1130-1 mnt/sda1/MyBook -o user=****,password=****,ro)
CLI(CLI_exec mount.cifs //192.168.0.0/Public mnt/sda1/Public -o user=****,password=****,ro)
----------------------------------------------

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Physical Discs?, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon

Trending threads

Latest News

LG CX and GX OLED TVs gain AMD FreeSync Premium
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches HW-Q950T and HW-Q900T Dolby Atmos soundbars
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 12th July 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
QDC Blue Dragon earphones on sale in UK