THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

Tanquen

Novice Member
re denon receiver: 4K Signal Format AVR-X6500H

the above link is only guess, a possible misconfiguration.

as was said, test with the device directly connected to the TV (and possibly check all of the TV's ports). It would seem that it should work (per documentation). Its always possible that the m9702 and the receiver don't play nice with each other
That is the setting I've played with before and doesn't change anything in my setup. I'm not 100% sure but my understanding was after reading some forms that that setting is just stripping out some flags from the HDMI signal so that certain devices will play well together it's not on the fly magically adding or removing high color or frame in the HDMI signal. And again it's only the one time that the Oppo decided not to send any HDR information to the TV. After a reboot it started doing it again and I always turn the Oppo clone off when I'm not using it and have only used it maybe 20 times. The TV and other devices are in two separate rooms. So if I plug it directly into the TV maybe I never see that situation again but as it is now, going through the AVR and then to the TV it's just done it the one time.

mushroomkid

I am getting 4K.
How do you get the information like that? When I click the info button I only get the bar across top and bottom with minimum info.

Also has anyone else managed to fix the Shining in HDR10+ mode only issue? I tried changing it HDR to forced and it would still only display in HDR10+ rather than DV

doylet8456

Standard Member
How do you get the information like that? When I click the info button I only get the bar across top and bottom with minimum info.

long press the INFO button

Also has anyone else managed to fix the Shining in HDR10+ mode only issue? I tried changing it HDR to forced and it would still only display in HDR10+ rather than DV
Which TV do you have?

spotter

re "one time". yes, my m9702 has done it many times where it didn't "sync" right with the TV and I had to reboot it to get hdr back.

Poilaucul

Long press the INFO button.

doylet8456

Standard Member
i have the GZ1000. So I might be able to help. I don’t have The Shining, but with Aquaman, I had to select scene 1 from the menu vs PLAY , and Dolby vision activated.
Alternately, have you tried changing HDR - from auto to player led to tv led?
I have HDR Setting
HDR - Auto
Target Luminance - 1000 nits
HDR to sdr - mode 1
Dolby Vision Processing - Tv-Led

on the gz1000 Menu
Setup - HDMI HDR Setting
HDR setting - Dynamic
HDR dynamic Setting -
hdr10+ functionally- ON
Dolby Vision - ON

chros

it was a test. i've buyed the m9702 to stop with mp4's haha. but its interesting to see the comparing.
Oh I see, no worries. Let us know if you come across one the plays well.

chros

I have HDR Setting
HDR - Auto
Target Luminance - 1000 nits
HDR to sdr - mode 1
Dolby Vision Processing - Tv-Led

on the gz1000 Menu
Setup - HDMI HDR Setting
HDR setting - Dynamic
HDR dynamic Setting -
hdr10+ functionally- ON
Dolby Vision - ON
If you turn off hdr10 in the Panasonic then DV will play.

shall i set the target luminance to 1000nits? i have now standard settings (300nits) tv= LG C9.
That setting is only for HDR 2 SDR conversion, so if you passthrough HDR then it doesn't matter.

doylet8456

Standard Member
If you turn off hdr10 in the Panasonic then DV will play.

That setting is only for HDR 2 SDR conversion, so if you passthrough HDR then it doesn't matter.
You must have missed the point of my post. Both HDR10+ and DV playback fine with my settings posted above on my panasonic GZ1000. I do not have to turn HDR10+ off to enjoy DV

habianchi

Sorry for the off topic.......but I would like to know which 4K projector you guys are using.
Are they real or “fake” 4K ?
Are they HDR10, HDR10+ and Dolby Vison compatible ?
Thanks in advance.

moremodey01

Hi guys i want to buy this device but i want to confirm a few things if you can help :

1) My TV supports HDR10+ and DV, however my AVR (onkyo tx-rz740) does not support HDR10+. Is it possible to bitstream Atmos/DTS-X through the hdmi audio only to the AVR while having DV or HDR10+ video sent to the TV directly ? The oppo 203 manual is not clear on this point.

2) Is there an up-scaling for FHD blurays folder/iso (over NFS)

3) if a new firmware comes out but i buy it on Ebay and not bd-mod, will i get access to the new version regarding this encryption.dat mac thing?

4) 2 days ago i was not even aware of anything else then the shield to play DV content, are there any better boxes then this player that support all formats and playing BD/UHD dumps ?

Best Regards

theaxledentaldj

Hi guys i want to buy this device but i want to confirm a few things if you can help :

1) My TV supports HDR10+ and DV, however my AVR (onkyo tx-rz740) does not support HDR10+. Is it possible to bitstream Atmos/DTS-X through the hdmi audio only to the AVR while having DV or HDR10+ video sent to the TV directly ? The oppo 203 manual is not clear on this point.

2) Is there an up-scaling for FHD blurays folder/iso (over NFS)

3) if a new firmware comes out but i buy it on Ebay and not bd-mod, will i get access to the new version regarding this encryption.dat mac thing?

4) 2 days ago i was not even aware of anything else then the shield to play DV content, are there any better boxes then this player that support all formats and playing BD/UHD dumps ?

Best Regards

1. HDMI Audio only port on the back of the M9702...? I dont remember if you can use it at the same time with the other HDMI port? there is a Setting in my M9702 for secondary audio ON/Off. Looking at the manual, yup!

2. You can stream Blu-rays and 4K Blu-rays BDMV or ISOs over NFS shares to the M9702. Not sure about upscaling.

3. Oppo probably will not be developing and releasing any new firmwares. If by chance they did, then you'd have to wait for Rong offers an update jailbroken firmware for his M9702 units that he has sold. The encryption dat mac usb thing is for those owners of an actual Oppo UDP-203 unit to unlock the installed jailbroken firmware.

4. Waiting on the new Dune and Ziddo TV models that say will support Dolby Vision 4K Blu-ray BDMV and ISOs. The M9702 does not play all/any formate but its perfect at Blu-rays and 4K UHD Blu-rays.

looun

@moremodey01

1) yes, M9702 send video HDR10+ and DV to HDMI and Audio Atmos/DTS-X to HDMI audio without issues . No setting need, firmware auto decect AVR second HDMI audio.

2) yes , there is up-scaling for FHD blurays folder/iso and all file video over NFS and SMB.
there is video setting "Auto UHD": auto -switch fps/hz ,but resolution output is up-scaling to 2160 .

3) no new firmware

4) read previous pages and this post Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux. - www.makemkv.com

habianchi

Sorry for the off topic.......but I would like to know which 4K projector you guys are using.
Are they real or “fake” 4K ?
Are they HDR10, HDR10+ and Dolby Vison compatible ?
Thanks in advance.

No one of you using projector to inform me ?

spotter

AFAIK, there are no dolby vision projectors. there was one that claimed to be, but dolby made them remove it and they were forced to issue a firmware update that removed the dolby vision settings.

there are probably better threads to get that Q answered. we know the m9702, we don't neccessarily know anything else.

habianchi

AFAIK, there are no dolby vision projectors. there was one that claimed to be, but dolby made them remove it and they were forced to issue a firmware update that removed the dolby vision settings.

there are probably better threads to get that Q answered. we know the m9702, we don't neccessarily know anything else.
Thanks, I didn’t know that.
But if they are not DV compatible, are they HDR10 and HDR10+ compatible ?
Do you know these models or brands ?

looun

Thanks, I didn’t know that.
But if they are not DV compatible, are they HDR10 and HDR10+ compatible ?
Do you know these models or brands ?
no, there is not yet.

you can use :
- Tone mapping SDR/BT.2020 with good result ,settings target nits 350-500

- or this with some good result

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt

Trending threads

Latest News

Sky comedy panel shows back to film new series
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Polk launches MagniFi 2 soundbar
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung pulls out of IFA 2020?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 28th June 2020