The ultimate humiliation

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it worth supporting England?I am losing my patience with them.Sooo many humiliations and this one about the worst!Our national game and we cant even beat a team of third raters who although well drilled and organised should've been taken to the cleaners. I have absolutely no confidence that they will qualify- maybe a draw against Austria and its adios.If they fail to qualify I shall make a point of never watching another game of footy again. Too much money, too many spoilt brats ,too many idiotic fans, too many greedy club owners and self serving managers that only care about their position and would love nothing more than see the national side disbanded. :thumbsdow :mad: :nono:

English football= utter rubbish!

>>we cant even beat a team of third raters

This just gets sweeter and sweeter ;)

:D :D

:hiya:

la gran siete said:
Too much money, too many spoilt brats ,too many idiotic fans, too many greedy club owners and self serving managers that only care about their position and would love nothing more than see the national side disbanded. :thumbsdow :mad: :nono:

English football= utter rubbish!

I have to agree! :thumbsdow

The arrogance of England supporters baffles me at times.

Went on to the forum tonight to have a read after the NI defeat. Seen posts saying that they would win 0-5 !! Is it any wonder that the rest of the footballing world hates them. Even Brazil would not start out thinking that they would stuff their opponents.

Personally, I believe that England have a good side but just the wrong manager. I really hope that Sven stays, because with him in charge England have no hope of lifting the WC. And if he does leave I hope that McLaren gets the job because he is worse !!

Point made above about too many prima donnas, over paid, self centred players. Couldn't agree more. Rio Ferdinand has been saying all summer that he is worth £120,000 PER WEEK !!! Someone should send him a video of the game tonight so he can watch himself against 3rd rate players. Can't wait to see him struggle against the likes of Ronaldo, Robinho, Kaka, Ronaldinho in the CL/WC !! It will make great viewing.

If Woodgate recovers from his injury hell he should easily take Rio's place.

SOK said:
Personally, I believe that England have a good side but just the wrong manager...

There is no manager more experienced that Sven when it comes to scoring away from home

how many threads are we having on this?

Gary

I well remember the arrogance of Scottish supporters in 1978: " And we'll really shake them up when we win the world cup" Pleeaase!

You cant blame our supporters for expecting our team to turn over a a modest taem quite comfortably

la gran siete said:
Is it worth supporting England?

No true football fan would ever come away with a statement like that :nono:

Gary D said:
how many threads are we having on this?

Gary

Not enough :rotfl:

Adrenochrome.

SOK said:

Went on to the forum tonight to have a read after the NI defeat. Seen posts saying that they would win 0-5 !! Is it any wonder that the rest of the footballing world hates them.

You would hate somebody for being positive about their team? :confused: :thumbsdow

There's being positive and there's being unrealistic. And there's also being disrespectful to your opponents. Thats why I chat about arrogance.

If any real fan who knew anything about football had watched England 4 days before v Wales, how could they have predicted a 5 - 0 England victory?

I realise that N.Ireland are not a great team, but they have proven in the group that they are a better team than Wales. Playing at home v England did the England fans not think that perhaps the Irish might have given them a game? That the players would have been psyched up for it?

Despite what the likes of Beckham say in press conferences before games about expecting a hard match etc, I feel that most of the England team probably walked on to Windsor Park last night expecting to cruise to victory. A lot of them believe the hype about themselves that Sky spin. Its nice to see them come back down to earth with a very hard bump.

When we start saying we are going to win the world cup then you can say we are being arrogant..........................oops! i think they did say that already :suicide:

Seriously we are talking about ni who only last week won their first competitive match in 4 yrs, so i think all england supporters were expecting a few goals which was justified.

Anyway i cant begrudge their win once in awhile :smashin:

I thought the England team played very well on 22nd November 2003

SOK said:
There's being positive and there's being unrealistic.

Yes, I agree. And the sad thing is that in 2006, the English press will do the usual two-step dance: "We're the best team in the world.......we're gonna win the World Cup" followed by: "We wuz -robbed, unlucky, too tired after a hard Premiership.......insert any other excuse here-"

Many fans add a third step to the dance with a quick "At least we're better than you"

It's the unwarranted arrogance that many find so annoying.

By the way, I wonder how many times 1966 will be mentioned next year?
"Well, here we are, 40 years on from that famous English victory blah blah" :rotfl: :rotfl:

SOK said:
There's being positive and there's being unrealistic. And there's also being disrespectful to your opponents. Thats why I chat about arrogance.

If any real fan who knew anything about football had watched England 4 days before v Wales, how could they have predicted a 5 - 0 England victory?

Surely being a football fan is all about banter and brovado - that's the fun of it, everybody thinks that their team is better than it really - if we are going to start "hating" people for that then we may as well stop being fans. It's just a bit of fun!

And anyway if England fans are being arrogant and unrealistice to expect their team to do well why is it that many international bookies have England as 2nd or 3rd favourites to win the World Cup behind Brazil and Argentina? :devil:

You get the same these days from Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Celtic, Rangers fans - they expect to win every game and there is an outcry when they lose one - it's only the same as England supporters are expecting at the moment as we have such potential with a very good squad of players.
I imagine that Rangers fans fully expected to beat Hibs the other week and I also imagine there was quite a backlash when they lost. The same would probably be true when Celtic lost 5-0 to Artmedia Bratislava and then drew 4-4 with Motherwell. It's the way football fans are and has nothing to do with English arrogance, after all we know we are the best ;) :D
PS - before LGS says it - no this is not the time to consider a British side !

JohnG said:
I imagine that Rangers fans fully expected to beat Hibs the other week and I also imagine there was quite a backlash when they lost.

True we did fully expect to win but tbh there wasn't a huge backlash

JohnG said:
The same would probably be true when Celtic lost 5-0 to Artmedia Bratislava and then drew 4-4 with Motherwell.

Again no backlash in my house but boy did we party :D

JohnG said:
It's the way football fans are and has nothing to do with English arrogance, after all we know we are the best ;) :D

:nono: :D

JohnG said:
PS - before LGS says it - no this is not the time to consider a British side !

Agreed 200%

why is it that many international bookies have England as 2nd or 3rd favourites to win the World Cup behind Brazil and Argentina
They do? :eek: Can I have some of what they're smoking? Please!? :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom