The Ultimate Hammer Collection DVD Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
Basing my opinion on the selection of discs that I received, and upon my knowledge of the other movies that are in the full collection, I would have to say that this is pretty decent boxset though, in all honesty, it is still very pricey indeed. The documentaries and relatively few commentaries are a bit hit and miss, but the transfers, judging by the titles I have been able to view, are very well presented. However, and this is the crucial thing, folks, if you are a fan of Hammer Horror (like me) the chances are that you will have quite a few of these titles sitting on your shelves already. To a casual viewer, this set is a no-no – it’s just too big a plunge. But even to someone with more than a passing interest, and a need to see what all the fuss is about, this collection does not represent the very best of Hammer, since there are a great many notable classics omitted, but it is still a great cross-section of the horror and fantasy genres that the studio so redolently indulged in, presenting, as it does, the good, the bad and ugly of their prolific output.

Read the full review...

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom