• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

The Ultimate Gaming LCD, for £500

Henric

Standard Member
Hey guys!

I'm new around here and have been reading up on several threads. Wow, buying an HD tv is stressful business indeed... I was hoping to get some advice from you seasoned veterans here. I've been looking at getting a 37" LCD that is perfect for gaming, with minimal lag and smearing etc. all within the budget of about £500

I've been looking at the Samsung B550 and the LG H3000 series... :lease:

What do you guys think? Is 100Hz essential?

Much love,

Henric

giangdarookie2

Hey guys!

I'm new around here and have been reading up on several threads. Wow, buying an HD tv is stressful business indeed... I was hoping to get some advice from you seasoned veterans here. I've been looking at getting a 37" LCD that is perfect for gaming, with minimal lag and smearing etc. all within the budget of about £500

I've been looking at the Samsung B550 and the LG H3000 series... :lease:

What do you guys think? Is 100Hz essential?

Much love,

Henric

The H3000 is your only option as far as LCD.

u wont find a better gaming TV for that budget. forget about the samsung it has more input lag than the LG.

joeprosho

dixons do it delivered for £450, though they did have a 5% discount offer on till this morning :eek: !!!

i was debating over the very same tv so id ring them and see if you can get it for £428 which is what it was on offer at 16hrs ago, worth a try!

id be interested to know how you find the set

Henric

Standard Member
Luckily I managed to snag the 5% discount, so it came to £432. Very nice! Will make sure to post some impressions here. :thumbsup:

ColCol

Standard Member
Let us know how you get on, was planning to get a 32 in model this Sunday :) I really like the look of the TV and supposed to be the best for gaming..

joeprosho

just been checking on dixons cause theres a good chance i still might buy this tv and it seems you can use the new codes they are offering on other tv's TVTOP20 to still get 5% off.. last till the 29th

i did not go all the way to submiting payment but it seemed to work

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom