The ultimate AV demo disc

mb3195

Distinguished Member
I’ve done lots of posts on demos scenes previously, best for Atmos, best for DTSX, HDR, upmixing, etc, but tonight I have watched the ultimate AV disc!!!

I’m not commenting on the film itself as that’s not the point of this post, but for pure audio and video quality, Godzilla Vs Kong is undoubtedly the best I have ever seen!!

Amazing use of Atmos, LFE, HDR, specular highlights, etc, this disc is pure 10/10.

I regularly hold demos and next month I’m holding a demo day, normally I have certain scenes for movies which I’ll use, but in this I could genuinely use the whole disc!!

If you’ve got a capable system, stick this bad boy in, leave your brain at the door and just sit back and enjoy the whole experience!!

featherhall

Distinguished Member
When the price drops I look forward to watching this one

Apollo

Agree totally, just insane all the way through. Monster LFE and excellent use of atmos to put you in the middle of the mayhem. Demo worthy image, the money‘s all up there on the screen.
The HDR will give your tone mapping and colour rendering a stern workout, especially for projector owners. Neon lights, neon creatures, and even neon rocks!

Dobbyisfree

There's a little "sound map" of it here:

Apollo

Not for all the tea in China.
Fine if you don’t like this sort of movie, I don’t think there is any suggestion that we are talking award potential here!
Purely commenting on it’s suitability as demo material to stress your system.

FutureShark

Pacific Rim was my go to demo disc when the relatives were visiting, however this one could be a replacement, will investigate.

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Pacific Rim was my go to demo disc when the relatives were visiting, however this one could be a replacement, will investigate.
This is definitely better, although you aren’t getting the full screen effect.

Darbo

Recently picked up the John Wick trilogy and i had to keep pausing it, probably the best I've seen so far personally, I'll be picking up Kong v godzilla at some point though for sure.

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Recently picked up the John Wick trilogy and i had to keep pausing it, probably the best I've seen so far personally, I'll be picking up Kong v godzilla at some point though for sure.
This is a fair bit better. I’ve got virtually every 4k release you can think of, this one stands out well above any others.

Zombie Twin

1625655679979.png

Coulson

Distinguished Member
This is definitely better, although you aren’t getting the full screen effect.
The extra contrast, subtle variation in colours and detail shown on the 4k disc does make this an easy demo disk recommendation on picture quality alone. Add the reference Atmos track and I agree it's pretty much a no brainer.

Better than Pacific Rim? GvK maybe has better use of colour, maybe even better than Uprising which is also a very bright and colourful film.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom