The UE**F8000 Owners thread part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curly99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last Post
Does it come with longer vesa screws though? to compensate for the fact that the tv back isnt flat but has that step in it. And do these vesa holes sit in the middle of the set, ie not offset to say the bottom.

New to all this...:hiya: building house at the moment and want to get cantilever wall mount built in prior to tv arriving. Im putting in a recessed space so am one of those that specifically need the 46 and gutted to see price of 55 drop and 46 stay put!!

Curly

Well... After 5 days of use, I am not convinced by this screen. The more I look at my F8000, the more I am sceptical... This F8000 has a very very good image but only in very specific conditions, and that, it is difficult to accept from a flagship.

To my mind, 3 main issues :
- I have talked about it, the viewing angle is amazingly poor. If your are exactly in front of the screen, ok, but if not, black will look grey. The idea is also to watch movies with the family, not alone all the time... If your head is at the right, the left will look grey and inversely.
- Picture quality is really great on picture with very high contrast. In these moments, the picture quality is awesome. But in dark scene or with scene with less light, black looks grey.
- And the shadow of the frame. The shadow of the frame is really to easy to see. Really too easy. It gives the feeling that the picture is not completely clean. How a set can be built like this ?

I do not really understand why all of the rewiews are so good. And these points are not very easy to see in a shop...
It would be ok if this led was at 800 € or 1000 € (I own the 46') but no, the price is 2000 €.
I still do not know if I am going to keep it or to give it back to the retailer (I have already changed a Plasma because of pulse modulation noise and phosphor lags, I am not sure at all he will accept... or I may try to see if I can live with it). But It will not a feeling of "wow I love my screen".

Last edited:
I have my ES558000 on a Vogels RC355thin motorized wall mount.

Does a beautiful job of hanging the TV on the wall, plus I can bring it out from the wall and pivot 30deg left ot right with the remote...

DSB.

Does a beautiful job of hanging the TV on the wall, plus I can bring it out from the wall and pivot 30deg left ot right with the remote...

DSB.

Where did you purchase it?

Originally Posted by igsta77 on previous thread:
"Does it come with longer vesa screws though? to compensate for the fact that the tv back isnt flat but has that step in it. And do these vesa holes sit in the middle of the set, ie not offset to say the bottom."

I'd like to know this too- if longer screws are needed for the top screw holes, or if just extra supports are needed for same length screws as the bottom, and if so are they included in the box.

To my mind, 3 main issues :
- I have talked about it, the viewing angle is amazingly poor. If your are exactly in front of the screen, ok, but if not, black will look grey. The idea is also to watch movies with the family, not alone all the time... If your head is at the right, the left will look grey and inversely.
- Picture quality is really great on picture with very high contrast. In these moments, the picture quality is awesome. But in dark scene or with scene with less light, black looks grey.
- And the shadow of the frame. The shadow of the frame is really to easy to see. Really too easy. It gives the feeling that the picture is not completely clean. How a set can be built like this ?

Regarding the "shadow" are u on about the 2mm dark edge of the screen? If so, you're really that bothered about 2mm of darker pixels on the edge? It never bothered me one little bit. I would understand if it was 2cm, but 2mm is nothing imo.

I do agree about viewing angles though. The image can be seen from as far left or right as possible. However the opposite side's blacks do become grey. The only negative I'm hoping to find on the tv, but one i'm hoping settings will help with a little and one I hope I can accept if the rest of the tv is as good.

Beware of this TV set, you might not get the "great" advertised picture quality, look how the new TV, just out of the box is working! Actually NOT WORKING. turn it on and you get such a picture. Check yours at store! Mine just got looped and stuck on first plugging in.

Originally Posted by igsta77 on previous thread:
"Does it come with longer vesa screws though? to compensate for the fact that the tv back isnt flat but has that step in it. And do these vesa holes sit in the middle of the set, ie not offset to say the bottom."

I'd like to know this too- if longer screws are needed for the top screw holes, or if just extra supports are needed for same length screws as the bottom, and if so are they included in the box.

Regarding the "shadow" are u on about the 2mm dark edge of the screen? If so, you're really that bothered about 2mm of darker pixels on the edge? It never bothered me one little bit. I would understand if it was 2cm, but 2mm is nothing imo.

I do agree about viewing angles though. The image can be seen from as far left or right as possible. However the opposite side's blacks do become grey. The only negative I'm hoping to find on the tv, but one i'm hoping settings will help with a little and one I hope I can accept if the rest of the tv is as good.

The point of the dark edge is that if your are not exactly in front of your TV, this dark edge will bleed...

Beware of this TV set, you might not get the "great" advertised picture quality, look how the new TV, just out of the box is working! Actually NOT WORKING. turn it on and you get such a picture. Check yours at store! Mine just got looped and stuck on first plugging in.
I entirely empathised with you, it is very disappointing to get a faulty one. However, I do not think that a faulty TV is a representation of the whole range. Most people will not open the box in the shop. This could have happened with pretty much any range of TVs. I do not think that any retailer will argue with you about replacing this TV. I hope that you get it sorted ASAP and as pain free as possible. Good luck and thanks for reporting the issue, at least it will help potential buyers.

DSB.

I cannot... My living room has no available wall...

The point of the dark edge is that if your are not exactly in front of your TV, this dark edge will bleed...

As in the dark edge gets wider the more to the side you're sitting? That's not the 2mm dark "shadow" i'm thinking u meant then. I'm on about the 2 or 3 dark pixels (around 2mm) right at the edge of the screen all round that stay as they are no matter where you're sitting.

Code:
 I do not think that any retailer will argue with you about replacing this TV.

I'm not so sure. Seller (Vobis Digital) was nice untill they got money. When I reported issue: please go to the Samsung service. When I have asked for an exchange: Bring written notice we will answer according to PL law within 14 days. Well I'm not very positive about the answer as usually reatilers try to push the issua away and force the repair by producer. I'dont want to have fantastic "new and broken but repaired" product for such a price and expected quality.

Code:
 I do not think that any retailer will argue with you about replacing this TV.
I'm not so sure. Seller (Vobis Digital) was nice untill they got money. When I reported issue: please go to the Samsung service. When I have asked for an exchange: Bring written notice we will answer according to PL law within 14 days. Well I'm not very positive about the answer as usually reatilers try to push the issua away and force the repair by producer. I'dont want to have fantastic "new and broken but repaired" product for such a price and expected quality.

Sorry, I thought you were in the UK. I do not have any experience with Poland's law. I agree with you I would not accept a broken brand new TV. I guess that you will need to give them a good fight. Couldn't you just return it? Anyway good luck with.

As in the dark edge gets wider the more to the side you're sitting? That's not the 2mm dark "shadow" i'm thinking u meant then. I'm on about the 2 or 3 dark pixels (around 2mm) right at the edge of the screen all round that stay as they are no matter where you're sitting.

But this shadow can be seen from everywhere, right ? At this point, white is not white but a little bit dark ? Does it not bother you ? It looks like a default...

Last edited:
To Arenaman ....

Looks like you might have got a good un :smashin:

A couple more pictures from me using standard mode.

Really helps get rid of the flashlighting:

IMG_0286_zps3f8c859e.jpg

IMG_0287_zps79f6f698.jpg

So far, still very happy. £500 back from my JL price match and looks like I've sold my GT50 for £750.

This means the F8000 has cost me £1,249 which I can't grumble with one bit.

:D

But this shadow can be seen from everywhere, right ? At this point, white is not white but a little bit dark ? Does it not bother you ? It looks like a default...

No it doesn't bother me at all- 2mm at the edge of a 55" screen, are u kidding?

No it doesn't bother me at all- 2mm at the edge of a 55" screen, are u kidding?

No I am sorry, it is not what I mean.
I have the feeling that tis shadow is more important. Look at this picture of Batman : the is a shadow on the left side and this shadow is more than 2 mm...

RDY2RDU1QkRCMTkzODUxM0U2RUU6ZWEwNzgxZWQzMGU0NDA3YTRjZTk1YTdiN2ZmZTBiOGM=

No I am sorry, it is not what I mean.
I have the feeling that tis shadow is more important. Look at this picture of Batman : the is a shadow on the left side and this shadow is more than 2 mm...

Ok well I'll have to see if I spot the same thing on mine when I get it on Wednesday and if so, if it is noticeable enough to be a distraction. Time will tell :)

A couple more pictures from me using standard mode...
Really helps get rid of the flashlighting

I've been using Standard mode on my D6900 for the past 2 years and created a perfectly natural image. The manual for the F8000 states though for Cinema Black: In Movie mode, this feature dims the top and bottom areas of the video image" which means it isn't available in Standard? Looking forward to having a good play with picture settings on this to see what effect the different modes have on the blacks and LED's.

I've been using Standard mode on my D6900 for the past 2 years and created a perfectly natural image. The manual for the F8000 states though for Cinema Black: In Movie mode, this feature dims the top and bottom areas of the video image" which means it isn't available in Standard? Looking forward to having a good play with picture settings on this to see what effect the different modes have on the blacks and LED's.

Cinema black is a pointless feature in it's current format. Not being able to use it in standard mode is fine by me.

Make sure you let us know your thoughts on it when it arrives.

Cinema black is a pointless feature in it's current format. Not being able to use it in standard mode is fine by me.

Make sure you let us know your thoughts on it when it arrives.

I will enable CB just out of curiosity on the evening, to see how bad it is exactly. Will most probably keep settings on Standard like yourself though. And yes, getting my camera ready for plenty of pics :D

Price back up to £2399 at electrocentre :(

Mrb1972 said:
Price back up to £2399 at electrocentre :(

Think it might of been a pricing error ad they realise after so many calls from John Lewis ha ha

Just noticed that a new firmware is out for Samsung UE46F8000:
v.1004.7 (713.71 MB)
UE46F8000 firmware

If I remember correctly my Samsung UE46F8000 currently has firmware v.1002.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom