The UE**F8000 Owners thread part 1

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by arenaman, Feb 20, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manuxs

manuxs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Are the 3D glasses Bluetooth ?

2. arenaman

arenaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,950
    yes

3. Anthony5362

Anthony5362
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    That was an awesome review. I like plasma, don't get me wrong. The blacks are black, the motion is excellent, and the off angle viewing is amazing, but.. I don't get that looking out a window effect with my Plasmas as I do with my LEDs. I also get a more sharper image with my LEDs. For an example, I can see more pores, makeup and wrinkles I think on my LED, where the Plasmas, I can see all that, but its just not as sharp. I can't explain it, but I think I prefer the LED. That's only if the LED is a really good one though :)

4. babator

babator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    Now that review answered a lot of questions.

The Movie mode is highly accurate out of the box? Sounds like very good news for the majority who don't own calibration equipment. For me, the nicest thing was seeing the linear, accurate color graphs at 25/50/75/100% color saturation - something that I noticed the ES somewhat struggled with in Green and Magenta, and anything short of a Lumagen Radiance 125 point CMS does not really provide a way to solve this issue. The saturation inaccuracy with ES is not noticeable to me in any way in real life programming, but I have noticed that you tend to get a little obsessive after getting a colorimeter. Everything should be perfect after you spend dozens of hours calibrating your set ;)

Otherwise it sounds like TonyaNorway's sources' description of the F8000 as essentially a ES8000-like panel panel + quad core and other improvements, seems fairly accurate. 0.04/0.05 cd/m^2 black levels are slightly improved from the ES, not too shabby.

All in all, evolutionary improvement is not a bad thing - adding edge-lit local dimming (not mentioned in the review, just in the specs), Cinema Black, improved screen uniformity and an out-of-the-box accurate picture mode to a latest-firmware ES8000 should produce a stunning picture for sure.

Still a couple open questions:
    - I saw no separate setting to control Precision Black (edge-lit local dimming) - is that perhaps controlled by Dynamic Contrast? Is it possible that the AV Forum review did not utilise this feature?
    - looks like there is no separate LED Motion Plus setting any more - how is the scanning backlight controlled? Can you enable it in the lower-input lag Game Mode (you may notice that I have been reading the Mark Rejhon blur-free LCD gaming threads) :)
    - uniformity and clouding problems are always "solved" at this time of year - it will take time to prove that Samsung has really made improvements in their quality control

5. babator

babator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    Hmm, Precision Black was not actually mentioned in the AV Forums review. I hope it is not because the feature is missing from the Euro F8000...

6. Anthony5362

Anthony5362
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I hope Samsung didn't decide to take it out last min, like they took out Cinema black last year on the ES8000 to only put it in the ES9000 after CES :rolleyes:

7. arenaman

arenaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,950
    It seems that Steve Withers had no knowledge of Precision Black when he reviewed the set, maybe they did pull it then :confused:

8. arenaman

arenaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,950
    Hold up a minute, F8500 LED?? why have I missed this? why is it £3k (55") for an F8000 in the F8500 plasma frame?? (after a quick google) Is the frame any better and is it worth £500 extra, :confused:

9. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,373
    :confused: what's that all about :confused:

10. Insanity202

Insanity202
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,890
    Done what you did and googled the f8500 and it looks like it is f8000 in a different frame.
    Maybe reviews will prove us wrong bit I have a feeling the f8000 will perform the same as the f8500.

Well atleast theres an option now. A bus length stand on the f8000 or a smiling stand on the f8500 lol ;)

11. Anthony5362

Anthony5362
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    LOL! A while back in the other forum, I told you that I envy you guys because you were getting this and we weren't. You posted back something strange and I didn't get it, but now I do :laugh: I didn't realize you weren't aware of this.

12. Anthony5362

Anthony5362
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I had a sweet video of this where it really shows off the set. Check YouTube maybe if your interested in seeing more. Its a very sweet looking TV!

13. arenaman

arenaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,950
    Cheers I can't remember that but I can barely remember my own name at times :laugh:

14. Anthony5362

Anthony5362
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Lol! Yea, all my life I was always able to remember the things people would forget. Its very weird the things I can remember, but I've been told that I have an incredible memory before :) maybe I try hard being afraid of getting altzheimers :)

15. Anthony5362

Anthony5362
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Btw, I love the F8500 LEDs look. I love the Plasmas stand so when I saw they were going to come out with the same stand for the LED and give it a "mirrorish" look to it, I wanted one. Then I saw only you guys are getting them :( the whole back side looks like a mirror. I can't find the video I had of it to post either

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  16. deon444

deon444
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Think the f8500 led looks more classy than the f8000 led,plus i would not have to buy a new stand for it to fit.but not willing to pay 500 more for it though. Couple of good reviews of the f8000 now from Avforum and trusted reviews.

Its gonna be one of the best tv's out this year,which is not really surprising as its from Samsung.

Not willing to pay full whack for any tv out this so will wait a few months down the line and see what issues the 2013 sets have.

Waiting for plenty of user feedback on sets as pro reviews only tell part of the story.

Was close to buying the es8000 last year but too many people having multiple returns put me off.

But at the moment the f8000 and f8500 led are full of promise.

17. arenaman

arenaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,950
    Slight price shift already, you can get the 55" for £2449 at Peter Tyson, this is good news because it must have been 2-3 months last year before there were any reductions at all on the ES range

18. deon444

deon444
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    So pretty much the prices are the same as last years sets. Only having bought a St50 a few months back i don't wanna take a big loss on a set if i gonna sell so will bide my time.

The es8000 dropped in price by 700 around 6 months later so will wait for them kinda prices

19. arenaman

arenaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,950
    Yes, the launch prices are the same, last year Samsung insisted on some sort of pricing policy across the board which held for about 2 months, no talk of it this year so we should see much quicker reductions this year

In fact the 55" in the US has been reduced by $600 already and I don't think any have shipped yet.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  20. gozzy

gozzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Well I'm going to buy this set ASAP (been diagnosed with MND)
    So looking for best opening deals, anywhere other than currys taking orders ??

21. arenaman

arenaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,950
    Sorry to hear that :(

You can pre order at a couple of places, last year JL had the ES range on their site on 23/3 and I had mine delivered on 30/3. Looks like you can order now and get one at Currys for 27/3. I'd wait for JL and you'll have a month to put in a PM request if the price drops. That reminds me how lucky I was to get a £500 PM credit that I really shouldn't have had, that's how good JL's customer services are

22. Anthony5362

Anthony5362
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Value Electronics has the F7500 prices and dates listed for the US. looks like their will be a 75" F7500 too...yay! :)

F5000 & F4000 Series LED

23. Anthony5362

Anthony5362
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Unfortunately, they are still doing the UPP pricing :( ill post an article about it for you mates..

Looks like even more manufactures are joining them too this year :(

http://hdguru.com/whats-upp-more-hdtv-makers-join-a-one-price-program/10045/#more-10045

24. Andrew1472

Andrew1472

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,642
  25. Anthony5362

Anthony5362
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    +1

I agree. I can see them charging maybe $200 more or even $250 for the F8500 LED, but $500 is ridiculous to pay for a stand. It is very sweet though and I think its great that they are offering more choices for the same set, but they don't need to be greedy about it ;)

26. Anthony5362

Anthony5362
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    What's very strange is that most stores have the F8000 in right now, but were told by Samsung to wait to display them. I'm just hoping its not because they are afraid if there's still ES8000 on display, then consumers can see them side by side. I hope they aren't afraid of this because that would say that their isn't a big difference between the two models..hmm!

27. arenaman

arenaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,950
    Thanks, so why are they so heavily discounted aready then? Value electronics 55" was down to $2499 wasn't it? is that the bottom figure then? :confused:

28. Anthony5362

Anthony5362
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I have a feeling that this is the bottom price its going to be until around Xmas maybe. Who knows.. Maybe the price is low so people will buy them and review them and then once the reviews come out the price will go up?? I can see Samsung totally doing that if the demand is high and the reviews are good. Maybe its best to get them right away. I hope this isn't the case because I need a 60" not a 55" otherwise I would have one on my way right now :)

29. gozzy

gozzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
  30. Anthony5362

Anthony5362
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: