Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

The Two Towers / The Empire Strikes Back....rant mode

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by adi, Dec 14, 2002.

1. adi

adi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this annoys me intensely
    i am sick and tired of hearing The Two Towers and The Empire Strikes Back mentioned in the same reviews, comparing the former to the latter.
    i understand that peaople are merely expressing the fact that TTT is to FOTR in the same way that TESB is to SW, but WHY KEEP BANGING ON ABOUT IT

the individual films in particular and the concept of the trilogies in general are totally different in content tone and narrative and should not be mentioned together at all. IMO the LOTR trilogy TOTALLY AND UTTERLY wipes the floor with the whole star wars saga - (and as a 36 year old i have grown up with star wars and loved it even through Lucas's totally unessecary tinkereing)

I would just like to see the individual films taken as stand alone masterpieces by themselves - if any comparison IS needed - let it be with some of the epics of the 50s and 60s

......rant mode off.......

2. tazpc

tazpc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I agree with you. What I find more annoying is people who are trying to view TTT in isolation.
    As has been stated by PJ and is obvious from those that have read the book((singular) It was written as a single book and much to the reluctance of Tolkein the publisher split it into 3 books( Apparently due to paper shortage)) It is one film LOTR and we have seen Act1 to gripe on about endings and story lines is just uneducated. No different than walking out of a play after the first act saying you didn't understand the ending.
    I look forward to Act 2 and 3 and if they are on a par with act 1 will probably say that it blows SW competely out of the water.
    I too grew up on SW and enjoyed it but the depth in LOTR is in a different league.