The Two Towers Extended Edition

But will that be 30 minutes plus another 13 minutes of fanclub title credits? I hope its 43 minutes of actual footage!

On FOTR the extra 30 mins of footage didn't include the fanclub credits.:rolleyes:
JP's already said it's an extra 40+ minutes of footage added back into the film, with an additional 150 effects shots and a whole new audio mix.
If they add the fanboy credits again that'll take it up to at least an extra hour

I think it needs repeating.

The fan club stuff in the credits extra mins aren't included in the 30 min extra video added to the LOTR:FOTR extended version.

The article looks interesting. I was a bit cheesed off about how the time Merry and Pippin spent with Treebeard was glossed over in the theatrical version, looks like the extended edition will redress the balance.

Should be on two discs like FOTR:EE - I doubt the extra 11 mins will push it over 18 GB of data.

If it did we could at least claim that the disc changing was exercise! :D

Couch potato? Me? Surely not!

The official site says the Extended will have 35, not 43 extra minutes of footage. It's probable that the interview is wrong in citing 43 minutes.

Well it is now official, the extended edition will feature 43 minutes of new and extended footage and will be a 4 disc box set.

You can see the official announcement here

Hi

Does anybody know if there will be a TTT 5 disc collector gift set like there was with the FOTR

Thank

Sam

Originally posted by Sam V
Does anybody know if there will be a TTT 5 disc collector gift set like there was with the FOTR

I believe there is going to be a five disc set and it will include Gollum bookends this time around.

Thats good but expensive news!!!!!

I am going to need a whole LOTR DVD shelf soon.

Thanks for the reply

:smashin:

Yep, 26th August for the theatrical version and 18th November for the extended edition.

Originally posted by Ian Cox
I believe there is going to be a five disc set and it will include Gollum bookends this time around.

I was going to say.

The four disc set wouldn't look right next to my five disc set. :eek:

I'll rent at first then buy the five disc set when thats out. :smoke:

I just saw the extended edition. Great film, of course, but I was suprised that there was no menu option to see the original cinema version. Due to time constraints (it was a rental DVD) I had to program my player to skip the additional scenes, which was a pain...

I searched the forums for a discussion of this, but didn't find anything. Has anyone heard of (or voiced) similar complaints?

What do you mean mate, the Extended Edition is a re-edit of the film, it doesnt just branch in the new scenes, they are part of the film, if you want the original cinema release you have to get the Two Towers DVD that was released back in August.

Program ur player to skip the additional scenes, are u on a wind up cos how would u know which scenes are additional before u came to them.

The sleeve notes indicate which scenes are new or extended/altered, so no problem to program your player to skip the new ones. However, this would distort the film since as Dr Jones pointed out the extended version is a re-edit.

To include a theatrical version, they would have needed to include both cinema and extended versions of the scenes that were altered, and played around with the branching. Would that have required an extra disk?

Excepting situations like expat's I can't imagine there would be much call for it. Personally I'm interested in all the sutff that didn't make it into the extended versions.

Perhaps on the trilogy über-box set....

I'm sure most people who buy or rent the extended version are interested in seeing just that, so I suppose my situation is rather unusual. But this was a rental DVD and we didn't start viewing until fairly late, so we wanted to watch the shorter version. Apparently there has been little or no demand for the option of selecting either the original cinema version or the extended version from a menu.

There was an additional complication, due to the fact that I live in Germany. The rental DVD had German DD 5.1 as the default language. I set up my player (Toshiba SD-230E) to use the English DD 5.1 sound track with German subtitles, and then programmed the player to skip the new scenes (marked as such in the list of scenes).

Skipping the new scenes worked fine, but unfortunately the player "forgot" to continue in English with German subtitles! So I had to reset the sound track/subtitle settings after each jump. Rather distracting, believe me...

I cant for the life of me understand why you would want to get the Extended Edition if you want to watch the cinema release, doesnt make any sense, if you want the cinema release then you would rent the cinema release.

Originally posted by Indiana Jones
I cant for the life of me understand why you would want to get the Extended Edition if you want to watch the cinema release, doesnt make any sense, if you want the cinema release then you would rent the cinema release.

As he said, it was a rental version - so he may not have had a choice (especially as this was overseas)

Skipping the new scenes worked fine, but unfortunately the player "forgot" to continue in English with German subtitles! So I had to reset the sound track/subtitle settings after each jump. Rather distracting, believe me...

:confused:I am pretty sure that all this messing around would effect the pace and surely spiol a great movie.

I would suggest an extra nights rental, put it on earlier and watch the film in its full glory....as Peter Jackson intended.

Or IMO it is well worth purchasing so then you can watch it at your liesure.......:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom