The Tunnel (Sky Atlantic)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I wonder what happened to the proposed Sky/French remaked supposedly set in the Channel Tunnel? It seems to have quietly died a death.

Regards

Mark

It's in production, here's everything you need to know;

Canal+ and Sky Atlantic and Kudos Film and TV, working on a remake of Bron/Broen (The Bridge).

The 10-episode season is to debut in the second half of 2013 through the channels Sky Atlantic and Canal Plus.

The series, which will be directed by Cesar Award winning filmmaker Dominik Moll, sees Detectives Roebuck and Wassermann sent to investigate on behalf of their respective countries when a prominent French politician is found dead on the border between the UK and France. However, the case takes a surreal turn when a shocking discovery is made at the crime scene, forcing the French and British police into an uneasy partnership. As the serial killer uses ever more elaborate and ingenious methods to highlight the moral bankruptcy of modern society, Karl and Elise are drawn deeper into his increasingly personal agenda.

Cast

Stephen Dillane (Game of Thrones and Hunted) & Clémence Poésy (Birdsong and The Hollow Crown), will play detectives Karl Roebuck and Elise Wassermann.

Joseph Mawle (Game of Thrones) as Stephen Beaumont, a social worker

Tom Bateman (Da Vinci's Demons) as Danny Hillier, a British journalist

Tobi Bakare (Silent Witness), as Chuks Akinade

Jeanne Balibar as Charlotte wife of Alain Joubert (Mathieu Carrièrre)

Thibault de Montalembert as the police chief of France

Angel Coulby (Merlin) as Laura, wife of Karl

Jack Lowden (Mrs Biggs) as Adam Roebuck

Keeley Hawes (Ashes to Ashes) and Liz Smith (The Royle Family) will join from episode two.

A quick look at The Tunnel in this new drama reel

wgBgkJy.jpg

j2AZY58.jpg

I really do not know if I can travel down the same story for a third time.....

Ah but this one's different, it's much more underground.

Regards

Mark

Made by the same team that did Broadchurch. Good enough for me, goes on the planner.

Did anyone watch this? Got it on the planner and will watch tonight.

Watched this last night, i much prefer the US remake (The Bridge) with it's actors and setting. The Tunnel seemed far more drab, the
electronic villain voice felt
comical, but saying that i was still interested and will see how the next episode pans out.

I watched it and enjoyed it.

A mate of mine watched the Scandawegian version of "The Bridge" - I remember him describing the opening plot. He really enoyed that.

I'll carry on - 10 parts I believe.

Here we go again!!

I said I wouldn't watch a third version of the same story... but I prepped and ready for it tonight!

I wonder if it will deviate like the Yank version did?

Have it ready to watch, has that woman from that pretentious mumblefest Birdsong as female lead, didn't think much of her in that ... rest of the cast look good though

By the made up law of averages of TV remakes, this should be worse than the original, seeing as the US one was miles better in all aspects. However if it doesn't repeat the nonsense of the original, all hypothetical bets are off.

Have it ready to watch, has that woman from that pretentious mumblefest Birdsong as female lead, didn't think much of her in that ... rest of the cast look good though

By the made up law of averages of TV remakes, this should be worse than the original, seeing as the US one was miles better in all aspects. However if it doesn't repeat the nonsense of the original, all hypothetical bets are off.

You mean the
plastic surgery
storyline i take it?

I quite liked it, and had I not watched the Danish/Swedish original I'm sure I'd have liked it even more. By the law of diminishing returns it doesn't bode well for the American/Mexico version. Perhaps they'll all go their separate ways and maintain some interest? I think the thing sustaining it is the Female cop, who's a great character.

Regards

Mark

Thought it was a good opening episode. Didn't like the subtitles though. At least its going to be 10 episodes and no dragging it out over 3+ seasons like the American programmes. Usually loose interest if anything lasts longer than 6 episodes.
Looking forward to part 2

...At least its going to be 10 episodes and no dragging it out over 3+ seasons like the American programmes.

My Sky planner says "S1 E1"...... I hope you're right.

I'm growing increasingly pee'd-off at stretching one-series shows out to several seasons. Homeland's wearing thin and I'm really worried at the "5-season box set" offer at the end of Under The dome! How they're going to pad that one out I can't imagine... :facepalm:

I see they've flipped the druggie hack and social worker type characters to the nationality of the male detective
- probably a more equitable UK:France character arrangement, as the original was mainly Swedish and the US:Mexico one mainly American

Enjoyed the 1st episode. I like the main English police dude.
The other seedy charity guy though, the 1st scene he was in, couldn't understand a word he was saying! took a few sentences to realise he was speaking English!

I really enjoyed it, although i was and still will for now refer to some of the characters by their better known names.

Stannis was good as the British cop and married to Guinevere, which i found a little odd as i thought they would look like they had a bigger age difference, on paper. It also looks like we have finally found Benjen Stark too, i do wonder if Stannis is going to pass on some important news to him about his younger brother?

I liked this opening episode, had no idea it was a 3rd remake though!

Has The Bridge and the original been on British TV before then?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom