The true cost of COD4 (£)

kBm

Distinguished Member
Just thinking about the true cost of COD4. I paid £40 for the game, plus the extra £7 for the maps,

I've played 4 days and 9 hours, that’s 105 hours of actual online gameplay!

That works out at roughly £2.23 per hour

That then equates to roughly 4p per minute of game play.

You just can't buy that sort of entertainment!

:D

hondavee4

totally agree, great value when you look at it like that

hardly ever play any other game at the mo:smashin:

cloudcity

Novice Member
I agree too, great value for money. I've owned the game for 4 months and still can't put it down.

I was also considering the popularity today, with all the fuss over GTAIV on the tv.

I read that COD4 has sold 7m copies in 3 months, which is a record aparently. The news is saying today that GTAIV is expected to sell 7m copies in it's first week alone.

I personally find that hard to believe, one of these figures must be wrong.

m4rkie23

Novice Member
nice calculations mate!!!! when put into perspective it reali does humiliate peopl who moan about costs of games....

m4rkie23

Novice Member
I read that COD4 has sold 7m copies in 3 months, which is a record aparently. The news is saying today that GTAIV is expected to sell 7m copies in it's first week alone.

I personally find that hard to believe, one of these figures must be wrong.
so if you ignore exhchange rates etc etc, and say every copy sold costs £40,

that means that they will make £280 million pounds in a week!!!

killiefan

One little bonus thought - the cost price calculated reduces every time you play. Even more incentive (if needed) to play more. I wonder if this argument will work on the wife:devil:? Probably not:(.

Crimson Monkee

Novice Member
I got mine for £31.99 from MovieTyme and then bought the map pack from the US store for $10.84 (£5.48), meaning my total outlay to date has been £37.47. :eek:

Even better value!! and as killiefan mentioned each time you play it the value for your money just gets more & more!

:arty:

starabo

Standard Member
Just thinking about the true cost of COD4. I paid £40 for the game, plus the extra £7 for the maps,

I've played 4 days and 9 hours, that’s 105 hours of actual online gameplay!

That works out at roughly £2.23 per hour

That then equates to roughly 4p per minute of game play.
You got your calc upside down mate! It works out even better:

£47/105hrs = £0.45/hr = 0.7p per min!

Now that's a bargain! :clap:

cymruoasis

Can't be arsed working it out but the £37 I've spent (£30 for the game, £7 for the maps) is the most value for money I've ever got out of any game that's for sure.

Frasermack

Novice Member
Tried this with the wife but stopped looking so smug when she countered a few minutes later with the cost of the 70" SXRD which I had to get mainly for playing this game, 5 declined overtime shifts so I could play with clan and the vast quantity of beer consumed playing on line actually works out at £19.67 an hour for my 6 days and 21 hours!

Still a bargain in my book though :smashin:

m4rkie23

Novice Member
if shes worried about the cost, tell her to play the game too. then you'll half the cost.....ever been a better reason for her to start gaming?....

PygoShlee

I got mine for £19.97, then £7 for the maps. Can't remember what the timer thing says but I think I'm on about 3days 8 Hours.

:thumbsup:

Ash

malariaboy

nearly 12 days on my timer so think i got my money back :)