1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trouble With Black Men

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Setenza, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    I'm sure that a lot of feather will be ruffled after David Matthews excellent documentary last night on BBC3.

Yes the old cliche about "institutionalised racism" was firmly put into perspective as nothing more than a political tool.

So much of what was explored was actually applicable to all people/races/cultures, particulalrly in regard to the oppurtunities that you make for yourself.

The comments made by Megaman really did strike of "biting the hand that feeds you", but as he took no moral ownership with regard to his fans and the "lifestyle" he was selling, it was hardly surprising.

It would be interesting to see how he would handle a similar report into black women and their respective outlook on contemporary England. Particularly in light of his article "Why I Prefer To Date White Women" which he wrote a while back.

Check out the next instaalment next Thursday. I believe that the first part get repeated in the early hours of saturday on 3. Below is a link to the BBC website with regard to the advance controversy this program was creating.

The Trouble With Black Men