The Town: Alternate Cut (Zavvi Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase Link: Zavvi

Release date: 10/06/2013

Glossy with Embossed Title Treatment. Limited to 4,000 copies

thetownfront-jpg.391074

Attachments

• thetownfront.jpg
    thetownfront.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,070
  • thetownback.jpg
    thetownback.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 190
  • thetowninside.jpg
    thetowninside.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Apparently glossy and embossed (a first for Warner), not keen on the fact this has been released before, but I may grab this.

Apparently glossy and embossed (a first for Warner), not keen on the fact this has been released before, but I may grab this.

I wonder if Argo may get a release here at some point as they're doing this? I would love to have both his films in steelbook.

I've just looked back and saw that I paid ÂŁ40 for the Futureshop exclusive of this. Why can't Warner release some new titles instead of just redoing the same ones over and over? I desperately want Blood Diamond for example, looks like it may never happen :(

Oh yeah baby. One of my favourites. Please let it be good

I've just looked back and saw that I paid ÂŁ40 for the Futureshop exclusive of this. Why can't Warner release some new titles instead of just redoing the same ones over and over? I desperately want Blood Diamond for example, looks like it may never happen :(

Hopefully it'll be different mate

Yes artwork is different and includes alternative cut which hasn't been released in Steelbook form previously. I'll probably end up buying this and selling the FS version for a fraction of the price I paid. I guess that's the Steelbook World as it is now though :(

Happy about this, really really happy but I was looking forward to getting the one from Amazon USA :(

Great film but man is that cover ugly! IMO

I suppose it makes a change from great covers & rubbish films ;)

Im not seeing the art . Where ?

The front is currently going to be the same as the US Digibook...

Attachments

• thetown.jpg
    thetown.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 145
snooloui said:
Yes artwork is different and includes alternative cut which hasn't been released in Steelbook form previously. I'll probably end up buying this and selling the FS version for a fraction of the price I paid. I guess that's the Steelbook World as it is now though :(

Was only looking on amazon.com today looking at the Warner wave and did wonder if we'd see see them in the UK and maybe this is the first of them?

I don't think it will be the same. The US one will be identical to the Futureshop version minus the inside artwork (basically rubbish). I'm sure this one will be much, much better :)

snooloui said:
I don't think it will be the same. The US one will be identical to the Futureshop version minus the inside artwork (basically rubbish). I'm sure this one will be much, much better :)

What I'm saying essentially is I'm really reluctant to import steels from the US that could well end up being released here in the UK in the not too distant future, particularly given the number and rate of releases of late.

Oh certainly, it's come to a point where I may not import Steelbooks any longer as it is likely that it will get a UK release which is probably better. No point in spending extra to import a Steelbook when Zavvi may well release one a couple of months down the road.

I initially thought the Alternative Cut was actually meaning the Extended Cut but then i realised there was a third cut which is the Alternative. I Hope they put all 3 cuts on this release and not just the Theatrical and Alternative otherwise i'll have to keep my amaray with the Extended on.

Oh certainly, it's come to a point where I may not import Steelbooks any longer as it is likely that it will get a UK release which is probably better. No point in spending extra to import a Steelbook when Zavvi may well release one a couple of months down the road.

Precisely my thinking. European imports from the various amazons aren't out of the question, but anything from further afield is off limits for me now because of various factors.

featherhall said:
Im not seeing the art . Where ?

I saw it on HDN. But I just read its going to be glossy & embossed, which does make it more appealing I've been holding out on buying this film for a while so if the price is right (around ÂŁ10 but more likely will be ÂŁ15) ill probably put my order in & hope that it looks nicer in the flesh!

Looks a bit dull to me regardless of finish and embossing so will give this a swerve. Havent seen the film yet but have been keeping an eye on Sky to catch it

Artwork (bigger pics in OP), release date 10th June :)

Attachments

• 10797006-1366045336-153197.jpg
    10797006-1366045336-153197.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 10797006-1366278338-878571.jpg
    10797006-1366278338-878571.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 10797006-1366045336-153183.jpg
    10797006-1366045336-153183.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 101
Looks a bit dull to me regardless of finish and embossing so will give this a swerve. Havent seen the film yet but have been keeping an eye on Sky to catch it

Yep, not a fan of the steelbook artwork at all. So sticking with the blu-ray I have from America.

RedDevil85 said:
Artwork (bigger pics in OP), release date 10th June :)

Blimey that really is an ugly bit of 'artwork' I was hoping I liked it the more I saw it! The standard amaray art is better I think.

Really in two minds about ordering, I can get the amaray for around a fiver. Mmmmmm?!? Might just go for Argo on its own!

argo and the town - import for 90 quid or wait and get them for 30 :)

not that anyone could realy expect this, but i think zavvi know they have a license to print money with these....and im happy with that :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom