The Tournament of Titans - Discussions

BaldyBonito

Established Member
Reaction score
MW3Tourney.jpg

I've let on a wee bit I was going to do this, and after getting really bored of the MW3 League without it even started. I'm making this to make it simple.

What you need to know is this:

1. Hopefully 8 teams, if 9 then someone gets a by to the next round.

2. There will be 5 mini tournaments being held, 2 points for winning, 1 for drawing and 0 for a loss, the tournaments are as follows;

Team Tactical - consisting of 3 game modes:
CTF - Unlimited flag caps in 5 mins. Swap sides after first game. Highest total wins.
Domination - First to 200. Swap sides after first game. Highest overall wins.
Demo- Best of 3 rounds. Normal game rules.

Domination - Best of 2 games wins. Switch spawn after first game.

SnD - First to 8 wins, games switch spawns every 2 rounds.

CTF - Same as Team Tactical except 10 minute games.

KC/HQ/TDM/Demo/Team Defender - You decide.

3. Whats banned (still to be finalised depending on opinions):
Tubes/RPGs/Any launcher that doesnt vehicle lock on;
Any KS other than Assault KS's(3-5-7);
Any form of cheap dieing perk; ie dead mans hand.

4. I will request confirmation from every teams leader if they want to allow TI's or ban them. This will be confirmed before any fixtures are set.

5. Finally, the games will commence in the second week of January, giving folks enough time to recover their livers from New years celebrations etc etc.

What I need to know:

1. Who is entering a team?

2. Who is the leader for said team?

3. Once leaders are confirmed I need a roster with players for said team.

There will be no favouritism on my part when doing anything for this tournament. Everything will be generated through the PC. My say is final so if you dont like the result/outcome, you can bite ma baws.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Nice. I take it a clan can enter 2 teams?

If it aids the numbers in making it a round tournament then yes. If not, I will put it to majority votes.

3. Once leaders are confirmed I need a roster with a maximum of 10 players for said team.

Thoughts?

Don't think this would be much good for us, we wouldn't split up into two teams but we would want our full clan available to play...

Don't think this would be much good for us, we wouldn't split up into two teams but we would want our full clan available to play...

A way around this then.. For each team I need a roster sheet regardless of amount of players. Just to make sure no ringers etc are playing. We can scrap the 10 players per team idea.

I was only thinking this so it would be easier for the teams to say who gets to play what game and who doesnt, easier to give everyone a shot that way.

A way around this then.. For each team I need a roster sheet regardless of amount of players. Just to make sure no ringers etc are playing. We can scrap the 10 players per team idea.

I was only thinking this so it would be easier for the teams to say who gets to play what game and who doesnt, easier to give everyone a shot that way.

That would be better for us as we have a few players who are only on occasionally who we would still want to be able to play in the tournament if they are available...

The idea of rosters make sense though :smashin:

That would be better for us as we have a few players who are only on occasionally who we would still want to be able to play in the tournament if they are available...

The idea of rosters make sense though :smashin:

Happy days the lets get talking numbers.

Whos in, whos out? So far I think its only scud that want a second team entered, this will be decided upon as soon as we have a full list of teams playing the tourney.

Lame IMO, why start another league when you have been discussing one for several days.

:nono:

Perhaps you should have PM baldeagle out of courtesy with your intentions

Happy days the lets get talking numbers.

Whos in, whos out? So far I think its only scud that want a second team entered, this will be decided upon as soon as we have a full list of teams playing the tourney.

Well we can only commit to one of the tournaments and I imagine that some of the other clans will be the same so we will join whichever tournament/league is joined by BOBS, GNE1, HYBD, SCUD etc....

If that is this tournament then count us in :)

I think it needs sorting out with bald eagle as to when each are going to happen...

Lame IMO, why start another league when you have been discussing one for several days.

To be fair, Baldy stated his intentions in a thread earlier in the week....

Just get your opinion in though :rolleyes:

Although maybe get your facts straight next time before getting on your high horse :smashin:

Here's a link in case you missed it :) http://www.avforums.com/forums/15932678-post46.html

Last edited:
To be fair Bonito's lay out looks less complicated and more appealing. I won't need a maths degree to work out where we stand.

Nice one Baldy!!!

We're in...:smashin:

Well we can only commit to one of the tournaments and I imagine that some of the other clans will be the same so we will join whichever tournament/league is joined by BOBS, GNE1, HYBD, SCUD etc....

If that is this tournament then count us in :)

I think it needs sorting out with bald eagle as to when each are going to happen...

Makes sense, I dont see why both can't happen one after the other.

I know how this forum works. I had been planning a tournament for the new year since I left scud. I just know not to bring it onto the forum because interest will come and everyone will be right up for it, then it will die a horrible death because its went stale (which seems to of happened with the league idea). Hence only posting up once things are being finalised.

This wasn't made to step on peoples toes. It was made because its the logical thing to do, have a quick tournament to see how it pans out, get likes/dislikes, then implement it into a long term league. I dont see the problem. :lesson:

To be fair, Baldy stated his intentions in a thread earlier in the week....

Just get your opinion in though :rolleyes:

Although maybe get your facts straight next time before getting on your high horse :smashin:

Here's a link in case you missed it :) http://www.avforums.com/forums/15932678-post46.html

Doesn't make it right though does it?

Baldeagle proposes a league, the majority of people derail the thread or arn't happy with the rules or scoring, I know lets forget all that and start a new league.

You lot need to seriously look at yourselves and grow up.

Doesn't make it right though does it?

Nothing wrong with healthy competition :hiya:

Baldeagle proposes a league, the majority of people derail the thread or arn't happy with the rules or scoring, I know lets forget all that and start a new league.

It a tournament rather than a league, its simple and straight forward and that what it needs to be...

You lot need to seriously look at yourselves and grow up.

Oh **** off.... :hiya:

Nice Stuey

An intelligent response from a seasoned AVF member, do you kiss your mother with that mouth ;)

Austin - Do we have a team leader for me to get responses about banning things etc from?

Stuey - Team leader?

Slinky - Team leader?

sCud - Team leader?

HYBD? LW? RoM? Any other takers?

Nice Stuey

An intelligent response from a seasoned AVF member, do you kiss your mother with that mouth ;)

I'm not sure that **** is swearing ;)

I started with an intelligent response and you came back telling us to grow up, so though i would jon you on your level :rolleyes:

Austin - Do we have a team leader for me to get responses about banning things etc from?

Stuey - Team leader?

Slinky - Team leader?

sCud - Team leader?

Yep - I'm A2A's team leader for tournaments although craig is the captain :)

Nothing wrong with healthy competition :hiya:

It a tournament rather than a league, its simple and straight forward and that what it needs to be...

Oh **** off.... :hiya:

:rotfl::rotfl:

As he said it's a tournament, get over it

Stuey - Team leader?

Slinky - Team leader?

sCud - Team leader?

Honestly Baldy we don't really run with a traditional Team Leader. We all have an equal say and have been around so long that any GNE1er could speak for us on here and it'd be fine.

However if you need one for this thread then I would go with NightHawk. I have a newborn coming on 28th December and so won't be quite so active come Jan I suspect..

Sounds good Baldy :smashin:

Think we should scrap one of the boring modes and definately play the new modes; Kill Confirmed AND Team Defender. Would freshen up the modes imo.

We'll let you know on Genie1's team leader in due course.

Yep - I'm A2A's team leader for tournaments although craig is the captain :)

Sorted and updated. All I need from you now is to put the question across to your boys about TI's being banned and the 5th game mode choice and preferential maps of choice for each game mode (2 favourites for each please).

Not a problem slinky, its only so I can take the final say on choices/preferences from one person in the clan rather than everyone shouting what they want.

Options to choose from are:

1. Do we ban TI's?

2. What is your choice of 5th game mode. Be it Team defender / HQ / Demo or KC.

3. I need 2 favourite maps for each of the playable game modes.

Last edited:

Stuey - Team leader?

Slinky - Team leader?

sCud - Team leader?

Ping stuff over to me Baldy and I'll put them to the great unwashed on our forum :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom