Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

The Toughest Film Quiz Ever... Probably!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hello Peeps!

I hope everyone is well! :)

I am currently in the process of finishing-off what may turn out to be the toughest film quiz ever! :eek: I don't mean that to sound boastful, but I will be quite surprised if many of you get anywhere near more than 70-80% correct! :devil: The quiz will involve watching a small, downloadable (I hope), QuickTime file of about 10mb. The file lasts about 5 minutes in duration. Then, you will do the quiz, and post answers to me, in this thread! :clap: Simple really! ;)

As an incentive, I will send the winner of the quiz a reasonably desirable genuine Criterion DVD film, providing they live within the UK. (Sorry, to all our non-UK based users. :( )

However, I just need to find out, if I can actually find someone who is willing to let me host the small QuickTime file please? (Stuart - would you be kind enough, please?) It would only need to be temporary - i.e. for the duration of the quiz. After that, the link and file can both be deleted.

If anyone would be willing to do this for me, it would mean a great deal. :) Please PM me. Thanks.

Quiz-fiends, keep your eyes peeled on this thread, and as soon as I am ready, I will let you all take part.

Thanks, ever so much! :)

Pooch

2. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Pooch - I think I've got 10mb of space spare if u need it.

3. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Looking forward to the challenge :)

4. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    bring it on pooch!! :D

are we sending the answers to you via PM? or are we posting on thread? if its the latter i'll wait and see what everybody else puts?

the former is best i think?

Gary

5. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Do you not like this criterion film? :)

6. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Well, lets have a go then pooch, sounds like a good idear :smashin:

7. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi,

Okay, well I've got everything ready now. I've e-mailed Seth (as above), and have asked him if he will kindly host the file for me. If that's okay, I'll e-mail the video file to him, and then let everyone know what to do.

I should stress a few things:
    1) This quiz is tough! Very, very tough! It's taken me a long, long time to get all the answers together, so be prepared to put-in a lot of hard work!
    2) It will help you, if you have a broad-knowledge of films, and in specific films that have been released under more than one title.
    3) You may need to access the IMDB at certain points. This is allowed under my rules, and you won't be classified as cheating.
    4) Please make sure you have the latest version of Apple's QuickTime movie player. It doesn't matter if it's the Free version, or the Paid-for version, but make certain you have it, as this video file will not play on other movie players properly!
    5) The Criterion Disc is one I no longer want. It's in perfect nick, but it seems pointless me keeping it on my shelf, unwanted and unwatched. As such, I'll offer it as a prize, for the person who gets the most number of correct answers. However, I won't tell you what it is, as there needs to be an element of surprise, to keep you all interested! ;)
    6) All answers will be PM'd to me. I will then respond. You will NOT be allowed to enter more than once. Doing so, will invalidate ALL of your entries! :nono:
    7) Lastly, I hope to get the quiz online and ready, over the weekend, or by early next week, if I can. I'll post the rules in full and how to enter, then.

Okay, enough for the moment. I can't wait to see the reaction from you lot... I'm sure many of you are going to really kick yourselves (or even me) when you realise what the quiz involves! :devil:

Pooch

8. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    pooch have you thought about making it a "new" thread and a "sticky" so all can see it?

Gary

9. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    Count me in....sounds great!

10. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Morning,

The thread's gone live. Provided none of the Moderators or Stuart himself have any problems, you can enter the quiz now. Any questions can be PM'd to me, or posted in the actual Quiz thread, as this specific thread is going to be locked shut!

Cheers! :)

Pooch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.