1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Toshiba RD XS34 and RGB...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by chilipepper195, Jun 11, 2005.

1. chilipepper195

chilipepper195

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi all,

I've been looking at several DVD recorders and I really like the look of the Toshiba RD XS34. I only have one, rather minor gripe, about it:

Well after looking at its specifications I've seen that it has one RGB port out of the two SCART sockets that it has (is this correct information?). My TV (a Sony WEGA) only has two SCART ports as well, with one being RGB. What I would like to know that if I used the RGB port on the XS34 and connected that to the RGB port in the TV, that would mean that I will not be able to use other RGB peripherals, right? The thing is, I currently use the RGB on my TV for my games console (and it makes a BIG difference). So what I was thinking of doing was using the XS34 with the RGB port on the TV and then connecting the console to the player and then playing it through that. However, if I'm correct in saying it won't provide an RGB picture, right?

Alternatively, is there some sort of 'swith' I could buy and hook that up to my TV which would allow two RGB inputs into the one socket on the TV?

Or is there a better player you guys would recommend instead of the XS34?

As is probably very clear from the post, I know very little about RGB/SCART except that using RGB makes a big difference.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Chili

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    The recorder as one SCART which is RGB in, and one RGB out. Most people use a Sky/cable/Freeview box as the RGB in, with the RGB out to the TV. But you could have your games console connected to the RGB in, it will pass the signal through to the RGB out.

Alternatively, yes you can buy a SCART switch.

Mark

3. chilipepper195

chilipepper195

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks for the quick reply redsox mark. :thumbsup:

It eases my mind to know that the player does have two RGB and I'll be able to enjoy the recorder and gaming in the best quality (other than HD)!

Thanks again,

Chili