The Toshiba 32Z17B 4:3 Green-line mystery....

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Gee_DD, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Gee_DD

Gee_DD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You guys seem the most knowledgable people when it comes to a/v on the inty-net, so I'd appreciate any responses to my question.

I received the above set yesterday, and was very impressed with the performance via RGB and Component inputs, but 2 things annoyed.

Firstly the geometry - which I knew about before purchasing and it is not too horrific.

The second, more major problem occurs when watching anything in 4:3 mode. The left hand side of the picture has a thin green line from top to bottom, no matter what channel you select. Bizarrely the green line disappears when using teletext and also when switching between channels, and reappears when the selected channel appears (if you catch my drift?) This leads me to think it's not a tube problem.

Also unless I'm mistaken, the green line gets more prominent the longer the set is turned on, being very feint when initially turned on.

Any thoughts or ideas would be most appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

Gee.