1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The time has come!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by eglons, Apr 11, 2005.

1. eglons

eglons
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've had a Panasonic NS15B for about 5 years now, it's served (and continues to serve) me well. I enabled DV-IN with a software hack and have hours of lovely video of the kids to show for it.

The camera is starting to show it's age a little though so I'm considering upgrading to something a bit smaller. Requirements are:

- Dv In enabled (or enableable)
    - Nice and small
    - Good battery life
    - Ideally it would use the old batteries from the Panasonic but this isn't vital as the batteries seem to be coming down all the time
    - Price... hmmm.... as cheap as possible without compromising on quality... £500 max though

I'm not that bothered about Zooms and techno-gadgetry as I've never got close to extending the camera I have (don't think I've ever changed the mode on it).

Any help appreciated
    As an aside, I'm off to Tenerife on Friday so I wonder if getting one there at the duty freeish prices might be good.

2. duncanmcewan

duncanmcewan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I just got a Panasonic NV-GS150 at the weekend. Not had much time to give it a thourough test, but ti seems pretty good quality! You can find it for about £550.

BTW: Tenerife should be duty free cos it's not in the EU, so you might well pick up a bargain :)

Dunc.

3. eglons

eglons
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    *I just got a Panasonic NV-GS150 at the weekend. Not had much time to give it a thourough test, but ti seems pretty good quality! You can find it for about £550*

looking at the spec on the Panasonic site this isn't DV-In enabled, is there a software hack for it ?

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    I can fairly safely say NO to that. New EU laws say that the DV-in must be hardware disabled otherwise the extra tax that is charged on a DV-in enabled cam must be paid. Therefore AFAIK none of the current DV-in disabled camcorders can have it enabled after purchase.

Mark.