The Thrill is Gone - RIP B.B. King

robel

Prominent Member
Reaction score
What an absolute legend and performed to the very end....

Last edited:
RIP BB
I have a great DTS music disc of his. Absolute legend!

Wonder what will happen to Lucille?
Going with him?
Can you imagine what that thing would fetch at an auction!?

Some of those guitars live on long after their owners have passed on.

Joe Bonamassa used Garry Moore's (was originally Peter Greene's) '59 Les Paul and Rory Gallagher's (nods to Dony) '61 Strat on his Tour De Force shows in London. Joe borrowed them from the families.

I do hope Lucille gets a good home. and BB would want her to keep on being played.

By the way 'Life of Riley' is a great documentary about BB King if you get the chance to see it, what a life! I caught it a couple of months back on Lovefilm.

Some of those guitars live on long after their owners have passed on.

Joe Bonamassa used Garry Moore's (was originally Peter Greene's) '59 Les Paul and Rory Gallagher's (nods to Dony) '61 Strat on his Tour De Force shows in London. Joe borrowed them from the families.

I do hope Lucille gets a good home. and BB would want her to keep on being played.

By the way 'Life of Riley' is a great documentary about BB King if you get the chance to see it, what a life! I caught it a couple of months back on Lovefilm.

Kirk Hammett owns the Moore/Greene burst now, regularly plays with it on stage. Apparently he was quite passionate that someone had it to play rather than to lock away as an investment.

How many Lucille's are there, does anyone actually know? I think the one he played for the last few years was his 80th birthday one.

Gone but definitely not forgotten.

The words "Legend" & "Superstar" are bandied around all too frequently these days.

In this case, they are both deserved.

My social media pages are awash with tributes today - truly touching!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom