The Three Colours Trilogy

B

BallJoint

Has anyone seen them and are they live up to all the hype that they seem to have generated? CD-Wow are doing R4 non-anamorphic versions for £7.99 each. That seems like a good price, but I would really appreciate any advice as to whether they are worth spending my hard earned cash on.

Hopefully

BJ

HI,

Personally, I thgink these three movies are fantastic, but it does depend on whether you like foreign films, and Krzysztof Kieslowski movies as well.

The UK Region 2 releases, are Anamorphic, and each title has a decent set of extras, including never-before-seen interviews with KIeslowski, and three Masterclasses.

You may want to check them out first.

Pooch

Hi Pooch

Thanks for your feedback. After seeing the disks on CD-Wow I checked out the prices on Play. The R2s are double the price, but then they would be, with the extras and stuff.

Out of the three, would you be able to recommend one of the three, to start with? By the way, I love foreign films/world cinema (thought The Piano Teacher was excellent).

Thanks

It's probably best to watch them in the order they were made:

Blue, White, Red.

I thought Red was the best of the three, and it also ties up a few loose ends from Blue and White.

3 Colours R4 reviews

I looked at the R4s when I was looking to get these. Apparently sourced from analogue video masters & look a bit shoddy.

As Pooch says, the R2s are very good quality & Play.com are doing them for £12.99.

They are soon to get an R1 release if you want them to run at the correct speed!

Thanks for all the advice guys. I've gone with the R2 versions from Play and have started with Blue. Can't wait for it to arrive.

BJ

Nike,

You said: "They are soon to get an R1 release if you want them to run at the correct speed"

Umm, no offence, but these films were filmed in PAL, so any NTSC conversions for an R1 audience, won't be correct. As such, if BallJoint is buiying (or has bought) the R2 versions, then he/she will be seeing the films at the correct projected speed.

The reason being, the films are Polish/French, and not American!

Pooch

No Pooch, they were filmed on film , not using the PAL TV system.

Are you saying then, that a British film on video/dvd runs at the correct speed?

Just check the BBFC for European films and their runtimes vs video (PAL) runtimes

e.g. Three Colours Blue (just to stay completely 'on-topic')
Film runtime: 97m 53s
Video r/time: 93m 52s i.e. 4% difference.

NIke,

Oops. I made an error. Yes, you are completely correct. The films were filmed on film, and not video! Sorry for the mistake!

Pooch

Just think what you can do in those extra 5 minutes you have gained like making a cup of tea before you start Three Colours White!

:D

No, it's only 4 minutes; my kettle takes ages to boil:D :D

Aha someone who actually sits through the credits eh? So tell me, what is a 'Best Boy'?

Hi there, this might be a silly question but what is the 3 colour's trilogy about, I mean the story and the actors are they old movies, or fairly new??.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom